Houston
Sponsored by

Hurricane season 2023

101,762 Views | 738 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by CDUB98
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sea Speed said:

I've lost several bushes and several trees are looking like dookie and my pond is about half empty. Really hope this drops some rain on us.

Last I saw, it's looking like a Brownville hit and so far as Houston is concerned, the forecast is for 0.5 inches in scattered spots only, mostly near the coast. Not looking good.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
I'm in Texas City. I'd be happy with heavy dew at this point.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
5x potential storms. Nice.
jja79
AG
I stay roughly half the time in Arizona and half here. I didn't think my best chance for a hurricane was in Phoenix.
Ryan the Temp
AG

Bang, bang, bang, indeed.
Cromagnum
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Bang, bang, bang, indeed.

I think all of those except the 1st one are supposed to go out to sea.
wessimo
AG

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Is that an app for user reports or something? The temperature differences are wild.
CDUB98
AG
And I'm about to change the oil in my truck.

FML
98Ag99Grad
AG
Grandpa is that you? Don't think I've known anyone to do that since the 80s.
wessimo
AG
BayAg_14
Yep, hit 106.2 south of town. Hottest temp I have recorded so far this summer. Unfortunately, I have to put emphasis on so far.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Dash read 109 in the shade and 111 once moving. But...probably due to heat radiating off thr pavement.
aTm '99
Post removed:
by user
wessimo
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Is that an app for user reports or something? The temperature differences are wild.

It is just the different weather stations that on weatherunderground. Some of the differences are likely due to the local environment in which the weather stations are installed (e.g. surrounded by concrete vs grass/trees, etc.).
AgLiving06
We got lucky and there's a power outage starting at the house right next door to us.

Been out since 445 or so. Initially was supposed to be on quickly, but now looks like 8pm.

Hottest day of the year and without power for that long is brutal. We've been seeing if they want to come hang out over here because it would be unbelievably hot in a house without power right now.
CDUB98
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Well, I'm a gearhead. We do a lot of our own work.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I wish I were a real enough man to change my own oil and brakes like PawPaw did. I feel like a 6'4 dainty lady when I have to ask stupid questions at the shop.
maroon barchetta
98Ag99Grad said:

My son and me change the oil in our vehicles. You keep going to Jiffy Lube and let some kid or some meth head crank your filter and drain plug on with 300ft/lbs of torque.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Will do because I sure as hell ain't crawling under there and doing it myself.
Cromagnum
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Yep, hit 106.2 south of town. Hottest temp I have recorded so far this summer. Unfortunately, I have to put emphasis on so far.

They are saying last week of August will be worse.
Furlock Bones
AG
What a ****ing kick in the nuts. This storm might bring Houston a touch of rain (looking less likely). But high temp is only going to drop to 99 for 1 day. Then 104, 106…
Cromagnum
AG
Furlock Bones said:

What a ****ing kick in the nuts. This storm might bring Houston a touch of rain (looking less likely). But high temp is only going to drop to 99 for 1 day. Then 104, 106…

I know...

We have not had rain since the beginning of June here. My clay soil has cracks wide enough to catch my entire foot. For curioisity, I ran a water hose down one to see how long it would take to fill up. It ran for 15 minutes and never did. I could get over a foot of rain and not be caught up right now.
gougler08
AG
I walked around the lake in our neighborhood for the first time in a couple months and it's down a good 2 feet, tree roots are exposed all over the place
Cromagnum
AG
Jeff Lindner update. We ain't getting *****

Sea Speed
AG
gougler08 said:

I walked around the lake in our neighborhood for the first time in a couple months and it's down a good 2 feet, tree roots are exposed all over the place

Yep, I can see that there are 2 giant culverts submerged in my pond, presumably as fish cover. A good 25% of my pong is covered in stumps and the like. I am tempted to pull a bunch of them out.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ag_07
AG
jja79
AG
77 degrees and rain in Gilbert, Arizona this morningf. Yesterday moisture from Hilary made the humidity about 40 percent and everyone at the golf course was complaining about feeling suffocated. They have no clue about humidity. I guess everything is what you're used to. When it was 110+ for 31 days straight no one even mentioned it being hot.

Hope it rains there soon. Don't want to come back to dead bushes when I get back.
htxag09
AG
It's borderline amazing to me how often you find a way to point out that you are in Arizona now....

Houston weather threads, Texas BBQ threads, Texas toll threads.....
CFTXAG10
AG
Lets assemble a crew to get behind it with a bunch of these....

P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

Special Message from NHC
Issued 21 Aug 2023 14:17 UTC
NHC will initiate advisories on Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine, located over the central Gulf of Mexico, at 1000 AM CDT (1500 UTC).
MAS444
AG
3:00!

Speaking of getting behind it.
ptothemo
AG
1000 internet points in your account. Reading that made me audibly laugh in the middle of a meeting.
jja79
AG
When you have a million posts you post. Didn't mean to offend you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.