Houston
Sponsored by

Hurricane season 2023

101,729 Views | 738 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by CDUB98
jenn96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Cromagnum said:

There's no way last year was worse than this summer. I don't believe that for a second.
People forgot how hot June 2022 was. It actually cooled down in July.

Last year seemed worse to me because we didn't get ANY rain for 2+ months, at least not at my house in Cypress. At least this summer we've had a shower once a month or so, and more earlier in the summer. My yard is a lot less dead.

I will say the temps the last couple of weeks have seemed insanely hot.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
jenn96 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Cromagnum said:

There's no way last year was worse than this summer. I don't believe that for a second.
People forgot how hot June 2022 was. It actually cooled down in July.

Last year seemed worse to me because we didn't get ANY rain for 2+ months, at least not at my house in Cypress. At least this summer we've had a shower once a month or so, and more earlier in the summer. My yard is a lot less dead.

I will say the temps the last couple of weeks have seemed insanely hot.

We need some rain in a bad way soon. Anything 2pm to 7pm is just obscene. Even my pool feels awful then.
W
AG
2023 is moving up the 100-degree day leaderboard

up to 11 now according to the link
wessimo
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Every time I look at the 10 day forecast…

Checking in again....

Cromagnum
AG
Bout to be a run on bleach.

AustinCountyAg
Bring it on. We need rain. BAD
98Ag99Grad
AG
Can we get it without it being 48" in 36 hours? I'd prefer we spread it out over a few weeks personally.
wessimo
AG

Already #1 in 80 degree mornings.
Charlie Murphy
Lanza reporting on the weather?!? I kid I kid
AgLiving06
American Model trying to spin something up just over a week from now. Could be a good rainmaker for us.
jja79
AG
NOAA weather guessers said 40% chance of normal season, 30% less active and 30% more active. This is cutting edge science and obviously a forecast that can be relied on.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/homeowners-insurance/2023-hurricane-season/
BG Knocc Out
AustinCountyAg said:

Bring it on. We need rain. BAD
This...we have a large backyard and we can't seem to water it enough. It's just hard to keep grass and certain plants alive when getting this much scorching sunlight with no shade day after day after day. I'd settle for just an overcast day. Every day it's nothing but sun just frying everything.
CajunAg86
jja79 said:

NOAA weather guessers said 40% chance of normal season, 30% less active and 30% more active. This is cutting edge science and obviously a forecast that can be relied on.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/homeowners-insurance/2023-hurricane-season/

Yep. The same ones who, in 2011 forecast for south of Dallas said "little to no accumulation" during the update issued with 4" of snow ON THE GROUND. We got 14" out of that one.

Just say 20% chance of rain every day. What a job.
JSKolache
AG
Anyone have S American hurricane passing by (and burning) Hawaii then crossing the date line and becoming a typhoon on their bingo card?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Thats the real pisser. It doesn't cool off any at night and the index is still mid 90s.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Have you been outside at night recently? Much better than morning or midday. I've felt a breeze at times.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Lol of course 85 feels better than 100 but I don't consider that a cool night.
Cromagnum
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Have you been outside at night recently? Much better than morning or midday. I've felt a breeze at times.

Yep. It's relatively cooler, but still uncomfortable, and it takes my AC hours to cool off the west side of the house from all the radiant heat buildup.
Cynic
How is the "real feel" calculated?

All of a sudden this year I see things like 97 degrees but feels like 120. Humidity is 65% which is certainly humid, but not sure if that is unusual or not.

Just makes me wonder if the formula changed in order to make it more dramatic.

Not saying it's not damn hot because it is. Just not sure if it really feels like 120 verses years ago when they would say it feels like 108ish.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The "feels like" temperature on the Weather Channel app is hilarious. We haven't been below 100 in a long time.

And I think anyone who ever went through Texas two-a-days in Houston has an idea of what hot&humid feels like. These numbers are killing me, and it's funny to see how hot transplants think it is.
wessimo
AG
Late August fantasy 'cane on the GFS.

At least it would break up the heat dome that has been plaguing TX.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Just a semi fast moving tropical storm dropping 6-8 inches (that's what she said) is all I want
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Weather underground is showing the pattern breaking next Sunday. Now, they are bad about showing a chance of rain or whatever on the tenth day of the ten day just so you click again to see if it is real. This is the third day this change has been there, so maybe it is real.
maroon barchetta
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Just a semi fast moving tropical storm dropping 6-8 inches (that's what she said) is all I want

That'sNotHowThsWorks.gif
wessimo
AG
Current situation.

Literally feels like a sauna on my patio in the shade.

cone
AG
go inside?
wessimo
AG
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Hunga Tonga
Nitro Power
AG
I think there will Alamo assuredly be a hurricane somewhere in the Gulf this season, and Lord be with the place it lands.
maroon barchetta
Nitro Power said:

I think there will Alamo assuredly be a hurricane somewhere in the Gulf this season, and Lord be with the place it lands.

We will remember.
jetch17
AG
maroon barchetta
wessimo
AG
We did it! Hottest 7 day stretch on record!

maroon barchetta
Was the freeze a couple years back the coldest similar stretch?
wessimo
AG
I don't recall, dig up the icepocalypse thread from that year, I'm sure I was in there btching about how cold it was.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.