Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Oilers

33,170 Views | 309 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Chewy
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Chewy
AG
A little trip down memory lane on a chilly Saturday morning.
BoxingAg84
94chem
Chewy said:

A little trip down memory lane on a chilly Saturday morning.

Nice TD/INT ratio.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bumped to get 4 Oiler threads on front page.
agz win
AG
POS Bud and his family. Insane watching this game and the disrespect with the old uniforms .
sts7049
AG
its confusing the s*** out of me
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Levis is not really good at football. Glad they got him.
agz win
AG
**** YOU, BUD!
Big Cat `93
AG
How'd that taste, Nashville?
Ciboag96
I've never rooted for the Texans. Growing up in the 70s and following the Oilers from birth to their departure, I didn't give two ****s about McNair's Texans and their silly Toro logo.

Watching that game was surreal. I enjoyed watching the old Oilers on the field again, but my hate for Bud Adams and his witch spawn grew as the game progressed.

It was the first time in 20+ years I jumped up and celebrated a Texans win. **** Bud Adams. **** his daughter. **** Tennessee. **** whatever a Titan is. **** em all.

And, tbh, thank you Titans as well. You cured my Oilers nostalgia.

Jock 07
AG
I just hope that one day, for whatever reason, the family is forced to sell the team, and the new owners can give the naming rights back to the tine.

One can dream, right?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
agz win said:

**** YOU, BUD!
blue star
Ghost91
Jock 07 said:

I just hope that one day, for whatever reason, the family is forced to sell the team, and the new owners can give the naming rights back to the tine.

One can dream, right?

I keep thinking that there's gotta be some way that JJ Watr and Matress Mac can get us those colors and name back in Houston.
Watt seems passionate about this, and Mac is….well, Mac can do anything it seems.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ghost91 said:

Jock 07 said:

One can dream, right?

I keep thinking that there's gotta be some way that JJ Watr and Matress Mac can get us those colors and name back in Houston.
Watt seems passionate about this, and Mac is….well, Mac can do anything it seems.
The Mcnairs have said there is a uniform change coming after this year and the rumor is we made a deal with Adams on the oilers. I will believe it when I see it tho.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Ghost91 said:

Jock 07 said:

One can dream, right?

The Mcnairs have said there is a uniform change coming after this year and the rumor is we made a deal with Adams on the oilers. I will believe it when I see it tho.
supposedly Paul Gallant has seen it and wasn't super charged up. It will likely disappoint given how paint by numbers the Texan organization is.
Diggity
AG
that wouldn't seem to make much sense.

If the Titan's org was planning on selling the IP, why would they spend a metric ****ton promoting it to their own fans this season?
Flashdiaz
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Ghost91 said:

Jock 07 said:

One can dream, right?

I doubt it. This year the Adams make a big deal over those Oiler uniforms (two games, uniforms, banners, field). They also sent a cease and desist to UH for wearing the colors. And at this point I can't say i'd want the full uniform back...Oilers uniforms seem to be bad luck.
Wildmen06
AG
so they sell millions worth of special edition merchandise before selling the rights.
Diggity
AG
And piss off their whole fan base in the process?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
dont shoot the messenger, was just sending what I heard.
CW Griswold
Who knew the Titans were so progressive on trans issues?

Scientific
AG
Diggity said:

And piss off their whole fan base in the process?

Why would they even care? They only enjoy rubbing it in. And after the last choke job, I bet its easier to just let go of it. Why bother to promote another city to begin with? They'll always be the Houston Oilers.
Diggity
AG
You wouldn't expect an organization to spend a bunch of money building up a brand for a particular market if they know that the brand will no longer be relevant to that market a year later. You also don't risk the ire of your fanbase by getting them to shell out big $'s for "retro" branding, only to pull the rug out and sell that brand to your divisional rival.

I guess it's possible that ownership is making these negotiations without informing their own teams. Would be par for the course with the Adams folks.
BohunkAg
AG
CW Griswold said:

Who knew the Titans were so progressive on trans issues?

What an ugly old hag.
JJxvi
AG
I would probably only expect them to shift the colors. Either to red just becoming the primary or perhaps moving toward orange or something like that.
BohunkAg
AG
JJxvi said:

I would probably only expect them to shift the colors. Either to red just becoming the primary or perhaps moving toward orange or something like that.
KlinkerAg11
AG
From a good source?
MAS444
AG
I have no sources but there's zero chance that happens. Hope I'm wrong.
Chewy
AG
What I had heard/read was not for getting the Oilers colors and logo but a move closer to Columbia blue the NFL would approve. The Texans were trying to get as close as they could to the Oilers era in Houston but not the Oilers.

My guess is the Titans did this as a reminder of who truly owns the colors and logo.

It sucks because seeing those colors, logo, and name this weekend was a reminder for one of the greatest uniforms in sports. It belongs in Houston.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.