Houston
Sponsored by

F3 - Free Men's workout - come join us!

49,284 Views | 405 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Rule Number 32
Captain Winky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't have any idea what you are saying in the first 2 1/2 paragraphs.
Thunder18
AG
cgarcia23147 said:

Swanson, is that you?

aTmLoKi
AG
Does anyone know of a group that was getting started in Katy at Young Ranch? I thought I saw a group of three there recently and was wondering if anyone had any other details about them.
Rule Number 32
AG
Captain Winky said:

I don't have any idea what you are saying in the first 2 1/2 paragraphs.
Find a local group, try it out, and learn!
nosoupforyou
AG
aTmLoKi said:

Does anyone know of a group that was getting started in Katy at Young Ranch? I thought I saw a group of three there recently and was wondering if anyone had any other details about them.

Yessir!

The Shire meets Tuesday and Thursday at 5:00, and Saturday at 6:00.
Rule Number 32
AG
nosoupforyou said:

aTmLoKi said:

Yessir!

The Shire meets Tuesday and Thursday at 5:00, and Saturday at 6:00.
love yall's shirts. hoever did that design knocked it out of the park
OnlyForNow
AG
The Crossing is launching next Saturday (5/20) at Parkway Fellowship church 1093 and 359.

If you haven't been but have been thinking about it a launch is a great way to meet lots of men in the general area of Fulshear, Katy, and north Richmond - you don't have to attend the Crossing regularly to show up and if it's your first time and geographically it's not your home location, we'll find the folks to plug you in with.
cgarcia23147
That's The Shire. Einstein is one of the AO-CoQ's there.
aTmLoKi
AG
cgarcia23147 said:

That's The Shire. Einstein is one of the AO-CoQ's there.
Thanks! I'll have to come out some time.
cgarcia23147
I'm at The Station, in old Katy. I'll be able to hit up other AO's once school is out, and I'm not having to transport kids.
David_Puddy
AG
First time coming across this thread.....what an awesome concept! I'm in the gym 4-5x a week, but looking for something to help mix it up a little. I live right across I-10 from Memorial Park. Does that group (or I'm sure it may be multiple groups by now) still meet over there?
nosoupforyou
AG
David_Puddy said:

First time coming across this thread.....what an awesome concept! I'm in the gym 4-5x a week, but looking for something to help mix it up a little. I live right across I-10 from Memorial Park. Does that group (or I'm sure it may be multiple groups by now) still meet over there?
yes - that group is called The Hogg - it's the first group ever started when F3 came to Houston over 6 years ago.

www.f3houston.com for more information.

There are a few guys on this thread that attend that location.

Let us know how it goes - they meet tomorrow!

ALSO - there is a new group called The Branch that meets near I-10 and Campbell if you wanted to try that side of the tracks too - I'd recommend both and then settle in on the one that's best for you. www.F3Katy.com has info on them
SJEAg
AG
For anyone in the Sugar Land/Fort Bend area, "The Ranch" in Greatwood is officially launching their workout location (AO) next Saturday 6/3. We're expecting around 100 men across the Fort Bend region to attend this special event. There are workout groups spread all over the county (First Colony, Aliana, Sienna, Riverstone, New Territory, Mo City, and more!) and a launch is a great way to get an introduction of what F3 is all about. Its also a great way to not be the only new guy...typically 5+ show up for these.

Workout is from 6-7:30am. There will be many arriving at 4:30a and 5a to do some extra running and rucking. No need to bring anything other than yourself and perhaps some gloves - it's possible there will be a few exercises involving cinder blocks. Your current fitness level does not matter, all levels are encouraged and supported and the key is always to just push yourself.

My introduction to F3, thanks to this thread, has been life changing. Aside from just getting in better shape, I've made a lot of new friends...which IMO can be tough for suburban married guys to do. I actually just got back from a challenging Grand Canyon/Zion hiking trip with a group F3 friends and it was amazing! I've also traveled with F3 this past year to run a 50 miler, compete in a Spartan Ultra, and do a father/son camping trip just for fun!

Launch is at 7225 Greatwood Parkway (Community Center). Unfortunately, will need to park at Dickinson Elementary a few hundred yards away due to a conflicting nearby event (swim meet) that starts around the time ours completes.

Coffeeteria will occur after the workout. Menu looks to include home-made brisket, pulled pork, breakfast tacos, beer, energy drinks, and yes...coffee.

If interested and want more details let me know!
nosoupforyou
AG
did you ever make it out?

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

The Group I helped start that meets near I-10 and Eldridge is having it's 2 Year Anniversary TOMORROW at 6:30.
Bridgepoint Church or just type in F3 The Corridor and it will come up in Google Maps.

Expecting about 100 guys and will have food and drinks aplenty afterwards.
Just bring Gloves and Water.

If you've been thinking about coming out, tomorrow is a great day to do it!
Then we will help you find a location near you.

FYI - I just saw that across the Nation, there re now 4,000 groups! It's doubled in 2 years - amazing.
OnlyForNow
nosoupforyou
AG
114 guys out this morning!
cgarcia23147
Hey men of the Katy/West Houston area. Tomorow I lead my 300th BeatDown (workout) at The Station in old Katy. If any of you have been wanting to give F3 a shot come on out tomorrow morning.

When: Saturday, 7/22, 6:30am
Where: The Station - Katy City Park, 5611 Gardenia Ln
What: Bring water and gloves. We'll have some extra cinder blocks on hand

Pic from the first time I led a BeatDown (March 2022) for attenion
Rule Number 32
AG
very cool! I should hit 300 BDs somewhere around the end of August or early September. I will have to make sure to claim Q that day...
Thunder18
AG
cgarcia23147 said:

Hey men of the Katy/West Houston area. Tomorow I lead my 300th BeatDown (workout) at The Station in old Katy. If any of you have been wanting to give F3 a shot come on out tomorrow morning.

When: Saturday, 7/22, 6:30am
Where: The Station - Katy City Park, 5611 Gardenia Ln
What: Bring water and gloves. We'll have some extra cinder blocks on hand

Pic from the first time I led a BeatDown (March 2022) for attenion

Let's goooooo Hops! Glad you spent the better part of a year EHing me to come join the fun. Looking forward to the celebration tomorrow!
OnlyForNow
AG
When did you start?

And his Karbach your PP?
cgarcia23147
Started Dec 2021. Karbach is not my PP. LiftKit and Frolf are my PP's.
OnlyForNow
AG
Good ole Liftkit! Started with him at the Tank.
cgarcia23147
Any of you guys going to The Shire Launch tomorrow?
CyanideJenkins
AG
cgarcia23147 said:

Any of you guys going to The Shire Launch tomorrow?

I am. The Forge is shut down for it.
Rule Number 32
AG
Lots of exciting growth happening up in North Houston! Upcoming events that would be great to attend as your first workout if you are new!

This Saturday (August 20th) from 6:30-7:30AM - The Depot One year anniversary - Juergens Park - 1331 Ulrich Road, Tomball

Next Saturday (August 27th) from 6:00-7:30 AM - The Empire Launch - Imperial Oaks Neighborhood - 31110 Imperial Oaks Blvd, Spring

Saturday, Sept 16th from 6:00-7:30AM - Iron Meadow Launch - High Meadow Ranch Community Center - 811 High Meadow Ranch Dr., Magnolia

Saturday, Sep 30th from 6:00-7:30 - Field of Dreams Launch - St Johns Lutheran Church - 15235 Spring Cypress Rd - Cypress

Let me know if you might be interested in any of these! Would love to get you in contact with the right people to join us. Launches are always awesome. We should have 75+ people at each of these (except the one year anniversary at Depot, which I would imagine will be smaller but still a good group). We will have many new guys at each so you wouldnt be alone being new!

f3noho.com has a map as well, and all of these are already listed there.
Rule Number 32
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

very cool! I should hit 300 BDs somewhere around the end of August or early September. I will have to make sure to claim Q that day...
Claimed 9/2 as that's A&M's first game so planning to run a 12th man theme that day

Claimed 9/14 as this should be my 300th as long as I don't hurt myself during IronPax! Just started planning that one, so that should be fun.
cgarcia23147
To piggy back on #32's most recent posts The Station (Katy City Park) will be celebrating its 2 year anniversary on Saturday, Aug 26th. In observance of this great holiday =p, The Forge (Firethorne), The Island (Cane Island), The Spillway (Elyson) will all be closed and gathering at The Station. I believe The Shire (Young Ranch) and Cornerstone (King Crossing/Ventana Lakes) will also be closed and joining us.

If you've considered checking F3 out, this will be a fun opportunity to do so. We'll have plenty of coffee, tacos, donuts, water and gatorade for you.

Enjoy this clip from our 1 year anniversary. https://instagr.am/p/Ch7sp09J5WZ
Sea Speed
AG
Anything like this in SETX?
Chaca
AG
Sea Speed said:

Anything like this in SETX?

Use this link to search the map of all locations.

https://f3nation.com/workouts/
Sea Speed
AG
Nope
Rule Number 32
AG
Sea Speed said:

Nope
All F3 locations start with one or two people! It only takes one.

If you are really interested in it, I am sure some people here (myself included) could help you get one started. It won't necessarily be easy, but if you are the only one near you, I would think you could find others looking for something similar relatively easily.

I used to live near Corpus Christi and I know there aren't any there, but I still have some contacts down there that I think would be interested.
Sea Speed
AG
My schedule wouldn't allow for starting one and CC is the wrong direction. I'm on the other end of the coast.
nosoupforyou
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

Sea Speed said:

Nope

If you are really interested in it, I am sure some people here (myself included) could help you get one started. It won't necessarily be easy, but if you are the only one near you, I would think you could find others looking for something similar relatively easily.

I used to live near Corpus Christi and I know there aren't any there, but I still have some contacts down there that I think would be interested.

This is how F3 Aggieland started.. on this very thread early in.. you never know!
jac4
AG
nosoupforyou said:

Rule Number 32 said:

Sea Speed said:

Nope

This is how F3 Aggieland started.. on this very thread early in.. you never know!

Can confirm.
AnalogAg99
AG
Is anyone from this thread planning to be at the convergence Saturday in New Braunfels for the beatdown (7am) and river float (8:45am)? celebrating the 10th anniversary of F3 Alamo. I know it's pulling in folks from San Antonio, Comal, and Austin

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.