Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,506,783 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one is talking about therapies if you catch it. Its all about thr vaccine.

If I get covid, what would be prescribed? And I'm not talking about ICU/vents.
aTm '99
T Durden
AG
More articles need to be published on what immunity you have if you've already had covid. Natural immunity plus vaccinated population = let's go back to Dec 2019 thinking in terms of businesses open and no masks.
TXTransplant
htxag09 said:

Also, lots of people, including on this thread, have been bragging about the city and county mega vaccination sites. Sure, the sites may run smoothly when there, but still seems like an absolute cluster with no method to the madness of getting an appointment. Example, my wife is on like 5 or 6 vaccine waitlists, some hospital waitlists, houston, Harris county, etc. This weekend a buddy texted me a houston health tweet about delmar stadium having slots. So my wife signed up, was confirmed a couple minutes later and is getting her vaccine this Thursday. Then she was reading about it, they sent out over 85,000 emails to the waitlist and less than 35% replied, why so many slots opened up. My wife is on that waitlist, never got an email. But follow their Twitter and you can get an appointment at will?

I totally agree with this. Getting appointments scheduled has been a cluster. But you can't blame the volunteers at the bad sites for that.

The websites are junk, information sharing (at least at a county level) is almost non-existent, and a lot of times the wrong information gets out. But now that's it's open to anyone, all of those problems should go away.

Edited to add: the stupid Mo Co registration website still hasn't been updated. If you're not 50+, a healthcare worker/teacher/first responders, and/or have a pre-existing, you can't sign up. I was hoping to get an appt for my second shot on April 7, just to minimize my wait time. Looks like I'll just be a drive-up with no appt again.
chjoak
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

There are groups of Drs out there that are prescribing various "cocktails" to their positive patients to prevent them from ending up in the hospital. Most of them have a pretty impressive record for keeping COVID patients out of the hospital. My plan is to familiarize myself with those groups and provide all that info to my GP in the event that I get it.
AlaskanAg99
AG
chjoak said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

There are groups of Drs out there that are prescribing various "cocktails" to their positive patients to prevent them from ending up in the hospital. Most of them have a pretty impressive record for keeping COVID patients out of the hospital. My plan is to familiarize myself with those groups and provide all that info to my GP in the event that I get it.

This is the info I'm looking for. Links?
aTm '99
htxag09
AG
https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3099401
BohunkAg
AG
third coast.. said:

AgsMyDude said:

Agree completely.

Sad to see kids getting off the bus and then walking alone with their mask on until they get home.

This REQLLY pisses me off. I said months ago thst this would be normalized for our youth and it is going to seriously impact them in so many ways, especially the youngest that are seeing this as normal from the young age where they can comprehend things. 8 was told kids are resilient and they would be fine, but here we are, kids wearing the tard flair while walking alone home from school and having accepted it as the new normal, and have now been conditioned to do what the government tells them to. It is disgusting and I totally hate it. Pair it with the massive drop off in their education and you have an entire generation of kids who are stupid and unable to do things for themselves and now look to the government as an entity that knows best amd that you better follow their rules or else.
My kids have been trained to put their masks on no matter where they are going....it really is disconcerting. We were in a restaurant on Saturday and my 13 year old throws a mask on as soon as he finishes his last bite. I said "What are you doing? no one else in here is wearing a mask?" He said "oh sorry, that's what we have to do at school, I'm just used to it."
CDUB98
AG
Went shopping at HEB Heights yesterday. Decided to start experimenting with mask on/off.

Walked in without it on. When I got upstairs, I could tell the young lady standing at the second floor entrance with masks was a bit uneasy. I grabbed my cart and threw on the mask.

All through the fruits, vegetables, and meats, kept it on. Then decided to take it off to see if I received any sneers. Had one lady turn onto the aisle I was one and do an about face. LOL.

Nobody said a word.

If I were having to go into a highly trafficked area, such as the spices, I threw it back on, then took it off again.

I put it back on to go through the registers.

Interesting experiment for me, and I'll likely keep pushing those boundaries until I no longer use it. I know this method doesn't work for most of you. I simply don't want the hassle of dealing with stupid Covidians.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

chjoak said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

This is the info I'm looking for. Links?
Stella Immanuel. HCQ + Ivermectin + a breathing treatment.
TX04Aggie
AG
I just dont wear it anymore. Been all over Heights big box stores now for 2 weeks without it. Not a problem. If anything, I have seen a few converts while in the stores. Haha.
Post removed:
by user
Jack Klompus
AG
CDUB98 said:

Went shopping at HEB Heights yesterday. Decided to start experimenting with mask on/off.

Walked in without it on. When I got upstairs, I could tell the young lady standing at the second floor entrance with masks was a bit uneasy. I grabbed my cart and threw on the mask.

All through the fruits, vegetables, and meats, kept it on. Then decided to take it off to see if I received any sneers. Had one lady turn onto the aisle I was one and do an about face. LOL.

Nobody said a word.

If I were having to go into a highly trafficked area, such as the spices, I threw it back on, then took it off again.

I put it back on to go through the registers.

Interesting experiment for me, and I'll likely keep pushing those boundaries until I no longer use it. I know this method doesn't work for most of you. I simply don't want the hassle of dealing with stupid Covidians.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I was reading a highlights magazine with my kids this weekend. In two page spread of "Find the zany things going on in this hardware store!" Every single customer had a mask on. What the hell is the point in that?
tandy miller
AG
I can count on 1 hand how many times ive put on a mask in the last 4 months. Granted, I live in a small town (el campo). Very few people wear one here, except in dr offices, nursing homes, etc. There is one convenience store here that still requires them, but i just dont go there
FJB
Post removed:
by user
Bassmaster
AG
If you want to stop wearing it, just stop. Your fear of dealing with covidians is unfounded. I haven't worn one in HEB for at least 6 months and not a single word has been said by either employees or covidians.
Post removed:
by user
FHKChE07
AG
So we got an email from our daycare last night that if we are required to notify if we leave town we have to submit everyone's negative QPCR test before the kids can go back to school...

And they are ending the policy that if they have to shut down the classroom to "quarantine" that we don't get a 50% discount anymore.

I can't way to be back to normal...
CoachRTM
AG
I don't understand the people who are upset with others wearing masks. If you don't want to wear one, don't. If a store requires it, either put it on or go somewhere else. 5 years from now when COVID is just a memory, there will still be some people wearing masks - it was common in Asia even before COVID, and I would imagine something similar will happen now here.

Maybe it's just me, but life's too short to get triggered by every person walking around in a mask when it is a personal/ business choice on whether or not they are wearing it (in Texas anyway).

.... And this is coming from someone who thinks that wearing masks is just emotion theater the way 99% of people wear them.
Cyp0111
you come across as a real joy.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
CoachRTM said:

I don't understand the people who are upset with others wearing masks. If you don't want to wear one, don't. If a store requires it, either put it on or go somewhere else. 5 years from now when COVID is just a memory, there will still be some people wearing masks - it was common in Asia even before COVID, and I would imagine something similar will happen now here.

Maybe it's just me, but life's too short to get triggered by every person walking around in a mask when it is a personal/ business choice on whether or not they are wearing it (in Texas anyway).

.... And this is coming from someone who thinks that wearing masks is just emotion theater the way 99% of people wear them.
People absolutely have the right to continue to wear masks or any other silly stuff that they want to wear. Businesses absolutely have the right to require masks or any other silly stuff they want to require.

But many people are sheep and won't ditch the mask until others do as well. I went to a completely outdoor event in a huge, spread out park this past weekend and probably 75% of the 2000+ people there wore masks throughout. There was no requirement, there's no state or local mask mandate in place, and there's honestly no risk since it was outside and completely spread out. Yet, the masks continue.

Is it their right? Sure. Is it good for us as a society? Absolutely not. I'm not "triggered" by others wearing masks. But, especially in outdoor situations, it's disheartening.
Irish 2.0
Cyp0111 said:

you come across as a real joy.
I'd rather eat some BBQ and drink some beer with him instead of be amongst the morons that wear masks on outdoor patios...
Irish 2.0
CoachRTM said:

It is common in Asia due to the pollution in the air. Not to prevent viruses that measure ~125NM .
Diggity
AG
is that why they were always wearing them while traveling?
CoachRTM
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

CoachRTM said:

It is common in Asia due to the pollution in the air. Not to prevent viruses that measure ~125NM .
I'm sure that's part of it, but I guess I then wonder why I saw people from Asia wearing masks in the United States then well before COVID? The real answer lies somewhere in the middle (like usual). There's always going to be people afraid of viruses, and COVID just multiplied them 10-fold.
CoachRTM
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

People absolutely have the right to continue to wear masks or any other silly stuff that they want to wear. Businesses absolutely have the right to require masks or any other silly stuff they want to require.

But many people are sheep and won't ditch the mask until others do as well. I went to a completely outdoor event in a huge, spread out park this past weekend and probably 75% of the 2000+ people there wore masks throughout. There was no requirement, there's no state or local mask mandate in place, and there's honestly no risk since it was outside and completely spread out. Yet, the masks continue.

Is it their right? Sure. Is it good for us as a society? Absolutely not. I'm not "triggered" by others wearing masks. But, especially in outdoor situations, it's disheartening.
Ok, so you are disheartened by others' decisions that they personally make. I can understand that. Can you also understand why they would be disheartened by your decision to not wear one? From their vantage point, wearing a mask is (at worst) a minor inconvenience that could "save lives".

Take who is right out of the equation, because they believe you are just as wrong as you believe they are.
Irish 2.0
CoachRTM said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CoachRTM said:

I'm sure that's part of it, but I guess I then wonder why I saw people from Asia wearing masks in the United States then well before COVID? The real answer lies somewhere in the middle (like usual). There's always going to be people afraid of viruses, and COVID just multiplied them 10-fold.
Because those Asians wearing them in the US are Chinese. The mask is a constant for the Chinese in some areas (I spend 6-8wks/yr there usually) whereas the other nations in Asia they're used rather sparingly. Hell, I think Malaysia is the worst off compared to Beijing and other mega cities in China and they only wear mask if the government is passing them out because then they know **** is bad. I might be misremembering, but I don't think I recall seeing more than a handful of masks in China outside of Beijing and Chongqing
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
CoachRTM said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

Ok, so you are disheartened by others' decisions that they personally make. I can understand that. Can you also understand why they would be disheartened by your decision to not wear one? From their vantage point, wearing a mask is (at worst) a minor inconvenience that could "save lives".

Take who is right out of the equation, because they believe you are just as wrong as you believe they are.
Sure, I get it. But at some point, I sure hope that WHAT is right (actually, scientifically correct) wins out over making the unscientific choice just to be safe/"considerate" or to avoid confrontation.

Again, it's their right to wear a mask forever. But I worry about what that will do to the development of young people if a large chunk of the population continues to mask, especially after everyone has had their chance to be vaccinated and there REALLY isn't a scientific reason to continue to mask or social distance.
BohunkAg
AG
I see two sides to some of this:

1) People who continue to wear masks when they don't have to. I think you are a dumbass, but you have that right if you don't feel comfortable. Hell, I'm not going to say anything to you, but it's none of my business.

2) People who don't wear masks and brag about themselves for not wearing masks. Like they are a hero to freedom lovers everywhere. You don't wear a mask, don't wear a f-cking mask....but you aren't fighting any wars. Good for you. Now leave me the f-ck alone...I don't want to hear about how brave you are because you refuse to wear a mask to Home Depot any more.

This whole thing is so damn stupid. Otherwise rational people have reverted to the emotional age of an elementary school kid.
htxag09
AG
TXTransplant said:

htxag09 said:

Also, lots of people, including on this thread, have been bragging about the city and county mega vaccination sites. Sure, the sites may run smoothly when there, but still seems like an absolute cluster with no method to the madness of getting an appointment. Example, my wife is on like 5 or 6 vaccine waitlists, some hospital waitlists, houston, Harris county, etc. This weekend a buddy texted me a houston health tweet about delmar stadium having slots. So my wife signed up, was confirmed a couple minutes later and is getting her vaccine this Thursday. Then she was reading about it, they sent out over 85,000 emails to the waitlist and less than 35% replied, why so many slots opened up. My wife is on that waitlist, never got an email. But follow their Twitter and you can get an appointment at will?

I totally agree with this. Getting appointments scheduled has been a cluster. But you can't blame the volunteers at the bad sites for that.

The websites are junk, information sharing (at least at a county level) is almost non-existent, and a lot of times the wrong information gets out. But now that's it's open to anyone, all of those problems should go away.

Edited to add: the stupid Mo Co registration website still hasn't been updated. If you're not 50+, a healthcare worker/teacher/first responders, and/or have a pre-existing, you can't sign up. I was hoping to get an appt for my second shot on April 7, just to minimize my wait time. Looks like I'll just be a drive-up with no appt again.

Sorry to break up the weekly mask pissing argument. My pcp just announced they had some J&J vaccine appointments available. Found this tidbit on their website interesting. FYI, this is medical clinic of houston, have to have been a previous patient to sign up.
Quote:

A Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) press release (Click here for the link), reflects that medical practices across the country are being left out of the vaccine rollout efforts. A staggering 85% of independent practices actively seeking vaccine for their patients report having obtained none to date. The majority of practices that have obtained the vaccine report only receiving enough to vaccinate one percent or less of their patients.

Share your perspective on Twitter and LinkedIn using #LetDocsGiveShots. Contact your elected officials. Send correspondence to members of Congress explaining the role physician groups can play in vaccinating their patients against COVID-19.

"Current vaccine efforts are haphazard at best and appear to rely on a passive first come first serve approach with the public rushing to sign up for vaccines when scant supply becomes available," MGMA noted. "This favors patients who can advocate for themselves or have family members able to do the same. Yet medical group practices already have patient relationships and experience vaccinating patients for influenza and other conditions." Moreover, physician practices have data on patient demographics, preexisting conditions and risk factors. This is valuable information not available to hospitals, pharmacies and state health departments, MGMA said.

aTm2004
AG
Diggity said:

The Chinese are also brainwashed sheep who do what their government tells them to do without questioning it. It's been beaten into their head since birth that the government knows best.
aTm2004
AG
CoachRTM said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

I'm sure if you ask them where the 6' rule came from, they couldn't tell you. And if you tell them it was pulled out of someone's ass, they wouldn't believe you, even when you show them proof. You'd think that would be enough for people to question what other BS we've been dealing with for the past year that was forced upon us with zero scientific evidence of it actually working.
Diggity
AG
no argument there.
CoachRTM
AG
aTm2004 said:

Diggity said:

The Chinese are also brainwashed sheep who do what their government tells them to do without questioning it. It's been beaten into their head since birth that the government knows best.
Ok...... and how does that have anything to do with a subset of them wearing a mask on the subway in the United States?
CoachRTM
AG
aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

I'm sure if you ask them where the 6' rule came from, they couldn't tell you. And if you tell them it was pulled out of someone's ass, they wouldn't believe you, even when you show them proof. You'd think that would be enough for people to question what other BS we've been dealing with for the past year that was forced upon us with zero scientific evidence of it actually working.
I'm sure they'd answer that it came from the CDC, who is filled with scientists that we should be listening to. They believe science is on their side.

Look - I'm not arguing one way or another, I'm trying to reasonably see both sides. There are idiots on both sides of the argument.
First Page Last Page
Page 376 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.