Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,771 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Go look for the discussion between Rand Paul and Fauci last week. Rand called out the theatre part and raked Fauci.
Panama Red
AG
Memorial Hermann is aiming to have no screening upon entry and back to normal visitors within two weeks.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I really wish he'd have responded to that idiot reporter with "I don't care" and then moved on. When what makes you feel better is completely illogical then it's irrelevant.
gougler08
AG
Panama Red said:

Memorial Hermann is aiming to have no screening upon entry and back to normal visitors within two weeks.
Where'd you see that? Great news and hopefully the rest of the systems follow suit
Keegan99
AG
Did they clear this with Dora? And Hotez?
T Durden
AG
Is that hotez guy a quack or actually a good doctor in his normal practice?
aTm2004
AG
Panama Red said:

You serious? That will be a huge shift, and maybe one that will start many places really taking a look at their stupid ass policies.
Keegan99
AG
He's an academic. And a pandemic is his wet dream.
Diggity
AG
he hasn't been far off on his death predictions.

His solutions to prevent further spread were laughable for sure though. I'm pretty sure he wanted us all to weld our doors shut at some point.
T Durden
AG
Ok, I know nothing about him other than early pandemic TV spots. I turned off the TV news about May or so last year. He seemed like a kook though.
CDUB98
AG
There could be one case reported in the entire country and he would scream that we are all gonna die. He's been nothing but doom and gloom from the start.
chimpanzee
Keegan99 said:

Imagine if you toil away in obscurity but really and truly love attention. Suddenly the entire world is turning to your field for answers and for whatever reason won't hold you accountable when your trillion dollar ideas don't do anything.

That's Hotez, Fauci, et. al.
aTm2004
AG
CDUB98 said:

There could be one case reported in the entire country and he would scream that we are all gonna die. He's been nothing but doom and gloom from the start.
Yep. He's an ugly fat white Dora with a dick and uglier tits.
The Wonderer
AG
T Durden said:

Is that hotez guy a quack or actually a good doctor in his normal practice?
BohunkAg
AG
chimpanzee said:

Keegan99 said:

Imagine if you toil away in obscurity but really and truly love attention. Suddenly the entire world is turning to your field for answers and for whatever reason won't hold you accountable when your trillion dollar ideas don't do anything.

That's Hotez, Fauci, et. al.
aTm2004
AG
That's the confused dude from Pennsylvania who just got confirmed.
htownag99
AG
Not sure if you meant it or not, Brent Spiner is also a Houston Native, attended UH.
Diggity
AG
St. Lukes taking appointments for anyone over 16

https://rice-university.stlukesvaccine.org/
SidsBurnerAccount
Ruggles Black on Kirby was no masks even for waitstaff when I went this week. Very encouraging.
Diggity
AG

How does anyone take this guy seriously?
Keegan99
AG
I would laugh... But Tony has gone from buffoon to villain. He's openly advocating for adults to harm children. That's evil.
chimpanzee
Keegan99 said:

I would laugh... But Tony has gone from buffoon to villain. He's openly advocating for adults to harm children. That's evil.

He's committed to his own defense now. Have to keep the fear going until after the vaccines work to obscure the costs his ideas imposed on the world with zero observable benefit. He'll be on TV as much as possible.

F that guy.
Keegan99
AG
He wants to use experimental vaccines on kids, for a virus that poses no threat to children.
CW Griswold
I wish nothing but the worst for that guy.
-
jetch17
AG
F that guy.
BohunkAg
AG
He seems like one of those guys that likes the spotlight way too much.
cone
AG
i don't know why fauci never focuses on indoors vs outdoors

if his big thing is mask theater (and that's what it is at the kid level - they aren't wearing med grade stuff and they don't follow social distancing), then at least say you can take your mask off outside, especially now that old people have been largely vaccinated and the crisis is abating. spread outdoors, for all intents and purposes, isn't a thing.

this attitude of punish kids until we eradicate covid is insanity. what his words imply is that, to do the right thing, kids have to wear masks at the playground until they receive a EUA vaccine for a disease that isn't as bad for them as the flu because they represent a reservoir of spread that might disproportionately hurt the elderly or obese (which already have shots in arms)???

i agree that he's becoming a complete villain
htxag09
AG
It's almost like fauci is just testing the limits of stupid **** people will believe. Hmmm, I got all these dummies to wear a mask. Let's see if I can get them to wear 3. A virus that has almost no risk to kids, got them to wear masks, got them to close schools, let's see if I can get them to quit playing with each other and fast track that vaccine.
AgsMyDude
AG
Agree completely.

Sad to see kids getting off the bus and then walking alone with their mask on until they get home.
gougler08
AG
My daughter is in Kinder and came home with an assignment where they were supposed to say a few things that they wanted. Most of her ideas were as expected (unicorns, dolls, etc.) but her last item was "No More Masks", which breaks my heart
htxag09
AG
Also, lots of people, including on this thread, have been bragging about the city and county mega vaccination sites. Sure, the sites may run smoothly when there, but still seems like an absolute cluster with no method to the madness of getting an appointment. Example, my wife is on like 5 or 6 vaccine waitlists, some hospital waitlists, houston, Harris county, etc. This weekend a buddy texted me a houston health tweet about delmar stadium having slots. So my wife signed up, was confirmed a couple minutes later and is getting her vaccine this Thursday. Then she was reading about it, they sent out over 85,000 emails to the waitlist and less than 35% replied, why so many slots opened up. My wife is on that waitlist, never got an email. But follow their Twitter and you can get an appointment at will?
Post removed:
by user
one MEEN Ag
AG
Was leaving a medical building this morning and there was an attendant by the exit. I got asked if I had been vaccinated and if I wanted a vaccine shot right then and there. Felt halfway like I was being asked if I wanted to buy some drugs today.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Suicides of teens is well greater than covid deaths. Barely talked about. The cure is killing greater than the disease.
aTm '99
Stat Monitor Repairman
The more hysterical they get about this vaccine, the more confident I am in my decision to not take the damn thing.
First Page Last Page
Page 375 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.