Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,503,454 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
TexAg91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
take away twitter and all cameras, please
jetch17
AG
"Hey I got it and was over it in a few days"

"SHUT IT ALL DOWN"
wessimo
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Anyone know why they killed some of the occupancy charts? Maybe it was causing too much panic? Odd...

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/total-icu-bed-occupancy/

Definitely interesting that they pulled those charts.

Houston Chronicle : Houston hospitals hit 100% base ICU capacity. Then they stopped reporting data..
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-hospitals-hit-100-base-ICU-capacity-15372256.php
CowtownAg06
AG
From another thread and poster

TMC added a statement:

Yesterday, the TMC posted an incomplete slide deck in order to allow time to fully develop a number of new slides. The new slides as well as a number of updated slides that were absent yesterday will be released later today. Collectively, they will provide a more comprehensive and accurate description of the current status
AgsMyDude
AG
That seems suspicious as the link the died along with it. Seems like it it were an incomplete update it would have just shown old data tho.
wessimo
AG
New slides up now.

Here's one of the new ones.

Jock 07
AG
Well comendante newsome wasn't fixin to be outdone by Texas.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-28/gavin-newsom-orders-bars-closed-in-7-california-counties-due-to-coronavirus-spread

The masks are clearly stopping the spread out here in LA
CowtownAg06
AG
Heights HEB decently well stocked for a Sunday night.
atmtws
AG
wessimo said:

AgsMyDude said:

Anyone know why they killed some of the occupancy charts? Maybe it was causing too much panic? Odd...

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/total-icu-bed-occupancy/

Definitely interesting that they pulled those charts.

Houston Chronicle : Houston hospitals hit 100% base ICU capacity. Then they stopped reporting data..
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-hospitals-hit-100-base-ICU-capacity-15372256.php

Where's the $60M parking lot hospital when you need it? It's crazy Hidalgo isn't chomping at the bit to rebuild it. I wonder why?
LostInLA07
AG
"Re-bidding"
Bondag
AG
I'll put one inside NRG for 1/4 of that cost.
ChemAg15
AG
Just give me a million and I'll tell you it's built. Another mil and I'll take it down. Savings.
Post removed:
by user
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
How were they open last night? Fire marshals have been going around to bars and restaurants; are nightclubs getting passes?
TexAgs1992
They "claim" they are a restaurant. Pretty wild.
LB12Diamond
AG
Yesterday after playing tennis with my kids we were driving around. Decided we wanted to go out for lunch instead of cooking. Called a few places to make sure they were open. Also asked if there were any rules.

Yes
You must have masks on. Once at your table, you can take off.
I understand they are just following the rules. But really? Come on Harris Co. leaders? Not even going to argue the merits of masks. Or freedoms. Just the stupidity of masks being required at a restaurant. At least at the beginning they said not required eating and exercising.

And it's not that we would not have done that. Just had two masks in our car at that time. So we drove to The Woodlands and ate.
TXAG14
It's in case there are people in the waiting areas. Not that hard to comprehend.
LB12Diamond
AG
So you agree with the rule?

Rests all said no wait would be seated right away.

I'm glad the rests are open. And if rules are in place that don't really make any sense, fine whatever it takes to keep them open.
Cromagnum
AG
third coast.. said:

H tine hole it dine

Looks like similar demographics to those seen in rioting videos. Only the finest citizens. None of this spreads the virus though, only hard working people trying to keep bread on the table (especially if they don't vote Dem)
Cromagnum
AG
This is fishy.
n_touch
Cromagnum said:

This is fishy.

That or they dont want to face the backlash of having them shutdown. 90% you are correct though
TX04Aggie
AG
I will admit I rarely watch the news, dont do social media, but have outlets for staying informed for most part. But what is the national media saying about Houston? I have gotten more texts from people that are on East/West Coast and Canada (I used to work for a company in Calgary) asking me how it is in Houston. They are getting scared for Houston... I just keep up with this on here and what the TMC and the Houston Comical spins and spits out... but whatever is being said is freaking everyone out on our behalf. ..
LostInLA07
AG
They keep reporting Houston ICU beds and/or hospitals are full
CowtownAg06
AG
I've noticed that too. I send the them the story from the Hospital CEO's to show we aren't running out of capacity. It's decently refuted with some data. Yes we need to keep being careful, but I think the rest of the country thinks we're turning to NYC or Italy.
aTm2004
AG
Next time they ask how Houston is, tell them we're doing better than LA County, and then ask if they know that's the county leading the nation currently.

All the media is doing is focusing on TX and FL because they're red states. They're silent on the blue states that have issues currently.
cone
AG
Quote:

how it is in Houston
same as it's been for the last three months

other than i'm aware of more people who have tested positive
Bondag
AG
LostInLA07 said:

They keep reporting Houston ICU beds and/or hospitals are full
Reply that we are 5% less capacity in the ICU than the same day in 2019.
BohunkAg
AG
Post removed:
by user
Ciboag96
"....we are seeing lower immortality..."

Dang, must mean fewer elves are checking in. Must have all gone back to Imlandris
ChipFTAC01
AG
Lower immortality?? Are we gods or are we men?
CowtownAg06
AG
Full quotes here
https://www.woodlandsonline.com/npps/story.cfm?nppage=67046

TexasAggie008
AG
Until covid - I never realized the extent to which reddit is hard hard left
BohunkAg
AG
Ciboag96 said:

"....we are seeing lower immortality..."

Dang, must mean fewer elves are checking in. Must have all gone back to Imlandris
I just saw that. Bloody hell.
First Page Last Page
Page 172 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.