Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,025 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
BarryProfit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChemAg15 said:

Car wreck

Ok that's pretty funny.
wessimo
AG
c-jags said:

wessimo said:

Didn't age well.

It's aged incredibly well. NY has 10x as many deaths as is with less population. CA has more than 2x as many deaths with less than 2x the population. Change both those statistics to deaths/100k and it's even worse.

Texas has faired better than both those states by every single metric.

When Abbott made the tweet he was clearly trying to teabag on NY and CA. Obviously it was premature since Texas is now ramping up in cases bigly. Hopefully we won't see a corresponding ramp in deaths but it is too early to know what the outcome will be. I wouldn't be surprised if the fatality rate in TX exceeds CA since taking simple precautions (like wearing a mask) has become a partisan issue and apparently only flaming libs wear masks in public.
TexasAggie008
AgLiving06
wessimo said:

c-jags said:

wessimo said:

Didn't age well.

It's aged incredibly well. NY has 10x as many deaths as is with less population. CA has more than 2x as many deaths with less than 2x the population. Change both those statistics to deaths/100k and it's even worse.

When Abbott made the tweet he was clearly trying to teabag on NY and CA. Obviously it was premature since Texas is now ramping up in cases bigly. Hopefully we won't see a corresponding ramp in deaths but it is too early to know what the outcome will be. I wouldn't be surprised if the fatality rate in TX exceeds CA since taking simple precautions (like wearing a mask) has become a partisan issue and apparently only flaming libs wear masks in public.

As long as Abbott isn't seeding the nursing homes like Cuomo did, there's really no way we could touch their numbers.

Post removed:
by user
CowtownAg06
AG
I'd agree Abbott's tweet was in poor taste, but since that difference in deaths per million has widened between TX and CA.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Three deaths reported today. At least for once they are all in the same month we are currently in.

First time I've seen anyone under 50.

219 deaths in a city of 2.3 million people. But ya, let's shut it all down.
BowSowy
AG
I mean, we're not shutting it all down at this point
Alex Bregman
AG
I'd like to know the number of deaths without "underlying health conditions"
bearkatag15
AG
BowSowy said:

I mean, we're not shutting it all down at this point
not yet
Jock 07
AG
wessimo said:

c-jags said:

wessimo said:

Didn't age well.

Well we all know you're actively rooting for an increase in the death count, so there's that
Azariah
AG
wessimo said:

c-jags said:

wessimo said:

Didn't age well.

So you're making an assumption about the future and basing your current position on it? That doesn't seem like the most accurate way to be.

I would posit that Texas did not open up prematurely. There's a big metaphorical knob that dials back and forth between Shut the Entire State Down and Overwhelm the Hospitals. It's a tricky thing to balance, but you have to find the right spot on the knob where we are open as much as we can without swamping the places that care for the sick. No one is going to get it right the first time, so you have to fiddle back and forth. Clearly, the knob was opened up to much. Now, it's been dialed back, just like it was supposed to be.
wessimo
AG
Rooting for a body count so I can "win" an argument on the internet?

spadilly
S
'm curious if we see more and more shut down this week to try and minimize public gatherings for the July 4 holiday weekend.

I wouldn't be shocked if Hidalgo and Turner closed parks/pools/etc in Houston early this week.
wessimo
AG

Hit rate 20% and on upward trajectory.
Post removed:
by user
Keegan99
AG
Yes positivity rate will likely increase when number of tests drops by 30%, from ~10k to ~7k.

If you aren't holding test availability constant, positivity rate means nothing.

One must also remember that screening processes affect positivity rate.

Suppose you take temperatures of a large group that your want to test. Then only actually test those with temperatures over 100. Everyone with a temperature under 100 that you didn't test should be recorded as a negative test, because that screening process is heavily biasing your sample. Add additional symptoms to your screen and a good practitioner can increase their positivity batting average significantly.
Texan_Aggie
AG
spadilly said:

'm curious if we see more and more shut down this week to try and minimize public gatherings for the July 4 holiday weekend.

I wouldn't be shocked if Hidalgo and Turner closed parks/pools/etc in Houston early this week.

They did it for Easter, they'll likely do it for every major Holiday going forward.
wessimo
AG
Has there been a recent change in the screening process for testing? If so I haven't seen any news coverage on that.

It is also not clear if the numbers include testing at urgent care facilities, etc. Anecdotes here and observation (people lined up around the block for testing) don't match up with the decline in testing numbers on the chart.

TraditionsPD
AG
The issue is there are no standards. The testing and reporting being done is to support the desired outcome on all sides.
Nitro Power
AG
spadilly said:

We will see after Abbott gets ***** slapped later this week for trying to close bars. At this point open it all up. No compliance at all and let the courts settle it out. We tried to comply and they kept taking more and more. **** Dora, **** shyster turner and especially **** Greg Abbott
Nitro Power
AG
TraditionsPD said:

The issue is there are no standards. The testing and reporting being done is to support the desired outcome on all sides.

Correct answer here
Chipotlemonger
AG
Tell everyone how you really feel, goodness.
AgsMyDude
AG
Anyone know why they killed some of the occupancy charts? Maybe it was causing too much panic? Odd...

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/total-icu-bed-occupancy/
c-jags
wessimo said:

Rooting for a body count so I can "win" an argument on the internet?

When I replied to you I for sure wasn't insinuating that. I think that's a pretty grievous thing to say about anybody. I believe it about some politicians and the media, but not an average TexAgs poster.

I think cases going up only means more testing. From March- May, I knew numerous people with symptoms or that were tested. 0 positive tests in all my personal connections. Since June I know of at least 7 positivities personally. None of them have any major symptoms and 5 of the 7 were asymptomatic and only tested because they came in contact with a positive case.

All that to say cases are going up and I agree with that. But deaths are not at the same rate. . Florida and Texas are both half of California's cases or death/million (and they're not going to catch up) who had some of the strictest measures in the country. NY will probably remain 10x the other states because of their moronic policy of sticking people back in nursing homes for the first month.
CowtownAg06
AG
Noticed that too. I'm guessing they felt it was being misinterpreted with everyone focused on base capacity. I always want more data, but it does appear people have a hard time interrupting it. You can still fine ICU capacity at a regional and county level.
https://www.setrac.org/
schmendeler
AG
Costco Willowbrook was out of TP and the Kirkland water bottles. Here we go again!
Ag_07
AG
Yep...I noticed HEB was out of a bunch of stuff this morning.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
schmendeler said:

Costco Willowbrook was out of TP and the Kirkland water bottles. Here we go again!

It's so stupid.

Honey! Corona virus cases are going up! Oh **** Ok! I'll go get some paper towels!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Unfortunately now you have people who are only buying some because of the original boneheads that kicked off the cycle that kept store shelves empty of toilet paper for more than a month. I'm hopeful that maybe HEB has a plan to keep up this time around.
swimmerbabe11
HEB over by Galleria is just fine
jetch17
AG
schmendeler said:

Gay.
BohunkAg
AG
Dora going for the COVID merit badge.

Jock 07
AG
BohunkAg said:

Hopefully that includes quarantine from any outlets that that might provide a platform for her to spread her nonsensical drivel
Ag_07
AG
Jock 07 said:

BohunkAg said:

Hopefully that includes quarantine from any outlets that that might provide a platform for her to spread her nonsensical drivel

Ha! Yeah right

You really think she's gonna pass up the chance to be doing daily pressers from her living room?
First Page Last Page
Page 171 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.