Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,372 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Turner namin' & shamin'

wessimo
AG
30-39 y.o. among those on the list of fatalities today.

ChemAg15
AG
Sweet! Now I know where the party's at!
Bondag
AG
wessimo said:

So no deaths within the past 11 days?
wessimo
AG
Probably have been several but they won't be reported until a week from now (or later).
DuncanAg
AG
Another interesting tidbit from this afternoon's mayor press conference was Dr Persse clarifying that the Houston Health Dept reports the daily positive cases as received from the lab but on the actual dashboard (at Harris Health) they enter the cases as of the date of swab/testing. Given most private labs are now running 5, 6, 7+ days behind the data can be unreliable. Dr Persse says he's more focused on hospital census data which is more real-time and makes more sense to me.

Speaking from personal experience my family had to wait 6 days for results from private testing at an urgent care clinic. Luckily we were all negative but got tested because of a direct exposure to a positive individual. At this point, if it happens again we will just self quarantine and only get tested if someone shows symptoms. The lack of availability for a timely test makes it worthless. I think a surge of testing capacity with timely turnaround (max 24 hours) would go a long way in slowing this thing down.
BohunkAg
AG
DuncanAg said:

Speaking from personal experience my family had to wait 6 days for results from private testing at an urgent care clinic. Luckily we were all negative but got tested because of a direct exposure to a positive individual. At this point, if it happens again we will just self quarantine and only get tested if someone shows symptoms. The lack of availability for a timely test makes it worthless. I think a surge of testing capacity with timely turnaround (max 24 hours) would go a long way in slowing this thing down.
This is absolutely true...the labs are way behind right now because everyone and their dogs went to get tested about a week or so ago when it spiked....whether they needed to or not. Happened all over the state. Another reason these inflammatory media reports don't help anything. Testing capacity is nice but you have to have someone there to read the tests. Also, some places received some contaminated testing kits (not many, but it was a factor). Anyway, we were basically back to the early days of the pandemic as of the end of last week as far as testing availability and the wait for results.
BohunkAg
AG
Give an inch....

Post removed:
by user
SweaterVest
AG
Glad I got my hair cut yesterday.
jetch17
AG
SweaterVest said:

Was supposed to go this week, ran and got shorn last Friday instead.

It's all gonna backslide to that sh*t - plus the fckery of whatever they're going to pull for the 4th holiday weekend
bearkatag15
AG

Won't be surprised if we follow suit soon
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
SweaterVest
AG
jetch17 said:

SweaterVest said:

Was supposed to go this week, ran and got shorn last Friday instead.

It's all gonna backslide to that sh*t - plus the fckery of whatever they're going to pull for the 4th holiday weekend

I made sure to get my barber's number this time in case they lock it down again. He works from home when necessary.

Had to get my wife to cut mine twice last time around. Not doing that again
Seabreeze
Just booked a 3 day weekend with the wife in Cancun for 500 with airfair next month. **** Dora and Turner, I'll go spend my money elsewhere
AgLiving06
wessimo said:

Last two days there have been hispanic females in 30s and 40s that died with underlying conditions.

Wonder what those were.
wessimo
AG
Does a BMI over 25 count as an underlying condition? If so, probably 75% of us TexAgs posters are in trouble.
AgLiving06
Looking at the dashboard the Houston Health Dept links, it looks like cases peaked about 2 weeks after the protests (or should we pretend its as memorial day)?

Houston Heath

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but looks like we've been in decline since about 6/19
aTm2004
AG
**** them. If they were out in front of a camera asking people not to protest, then maybe. But instead, they were showering the protestors and thugs with praise the entire time, so you want to shut things down again? Go **** yourselves!
Ciboag96
Seabreeze said:

Just booked a 3 day weekend with the wife in Cancun for 500 with airfair next month. **** Dora and Turner, I'll go spend my money elsewhere

Mexico with a 50% positive test rate rn. Good luck and try the pupusas.
Seabreeze
According to the this thread 100% of Houstonian's have it and will die. So I'll take my chances
Fitch
AG
That chart back dates positive test results to the day the test occurred, rather than the day the result was reported. It's absolutely a better way to look at the data, but because of the leg work involved in backdating the data is constantly being revised and so the curve shifts through time. The tail end of the chart really isn't a reliable indicator because it swings pretty dramatically.

The below chart is a composite of the same Harris Health data, pulled on different dates through the last couple of weeks, and shows how the curve gets revised relative to prior publications and the daily case data that's reported. Second chart is the same, but with hospitalizations for the combined Harris County area.

dallasag00
AG
Data is lagging so it always looks like it's declining. Need to go back a week or so to get a true representation of its trajectory.
Post removed:
by user
AGHouston11
AG
aTm2004 said:

**** them. If they were out in front of a camera asking people not to protest, then maybe. But instead, they were showering the protestors and thugs with praise the entire time, so you want to shut things down again? Go **** yourselves!

They actually marched on the streets in the crowds with the protesters....
Seabreeze
RIU palace in Cancun,
corndog04
AG
Bondag said:

wessimo said:

So no deaths within the past 11 days?

When I ran the numbers yesterday on the last 90 deaths reported by city of Houston, the median gap between date of death and actual reported date was right at 21 days.
aggiemike02
AG
Btw, thanks for all your work with these charts over the weeks, from one random internet poster to another, I appreciate it.
Seabreeze
Gott the idea from a poster in the travel forum, looked it up did some searches for dates, and booked. Not my pics stolen from the forum. Looks nice so I'm going. Get the hell out of this place, and insanity for a minute.

Post removed:
by user
Seabreeze
Their site, air fare is with United out if Hobby.
Panama Red
AG
Seabreeze said:

Their site, air fare is with United out if Hobby.

Boy are you in for a big surprise when this trip kicks off.
Seabreeze
Doubt it.
zgood10
AG
Yeah United doesn't fly outta HOU
Seabreeze
IAH. Not hobby, thats on me.
Pahdz
Seabreeze said:

thats on me.

Bill O'Brien...is that you?
First Page Last Page
Page 173 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.