Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,968 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yes, she is literally repeating the whole speech right now. I don't speak Spanish, but I've got enough to hear that.
Diggity
AG
Have you seen the demographics of Harris County?
RO519
AG
Lina is a bumbling idiot. I am ashamed we let this joke get elected.
ChemAg15
AG
Si
cajunaggie08
AG
The more people that are made aware, the better off we'll all be. There is already miscommunication involved on what to do when people speak the same language, let alone need a translation from a family member.
BohunkAg
AG
Houston isn't, but Waco is.....LOL

Teddy Perkins
AG
So if you have symptoms, you can't go straight to a testing site. First, you have to go to readyharris and do the online symptoms tool and get a unique id that you'll take to the testing site to get tested.
ccaggie05
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

So if you have symptoms, you can't go straight to a testing site. First, you have to go to readyharris and do the online symptoms tool and get a unique id that you'll take to the testing site to get tested.

There is some form of screening process too I believe. They have to weed out all the hypochondriacs with the sniffles.
AgLiving06
Teddy Perkins said:

Governor Abbott mentioned yesterday that only about 10% of those tested have tested positive.

I believe the Surgeon General made a similar statement about US wide.

So they have to try and weed out those that aren't fine in order to not overwhelm the testing supply chain.

As ccaggie said, lots of hypochondriacs who would try to get tested daily if we let them.

Ag_07
AG
We need a Lina hate thread so the complaining every time she speaks doesn't muddle up the actual info.
BQRyno
AG
Something like 90% of people those tested have been negative so far. If they can screen to make it more likely to get the people who really have it through the line, that seems like a good thing. Do I trust harris county to actually do that correctly? No chance.

AgLiving beat me to it.
htxag09
AG
BQRyno said:

Something like 90% of people those tested have been negative so far. If they can screen to make it more likely to get the people who really have it through the line, that seems like a good thing. Do I trust harris county to actually do that correctly? No chance.

AgLiving beat me to it.
This is more likely because politicians, rich, and famous people got the tests first. Pretty sure they tested every single NBA player, for example, why?
BohunkAg
AG
ccaggie05 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

There is some form of screening process too I believe. They have to weed out all the hypochondriacs with the sniffles.
This is important.
Bondag
AG
BQRyno said:

AgLiving beat me to it.
Karen is going to take the test until it gives her the answer she wants. The facebook disney princess / office character/ favorite friend quizzes have prepared her for this.
txags92
AG
Bondag said:

BQRyno said:

AgLiving beat me to it.
Karen is going to take the test until it gives her the answer she wants. The facebook disney princess / office character/ favorite friend quizzes have prepared her for this.
Testing positive is the ultimate victim status in the intersectional victimhood lottery. Karen needs that in her life...
Houston Lee
AG
Bondag said:

BQRyno said:

AgLiving beat me to it.
Seems like we elected a "Karen" to Harris County Judge...
IrishTxAggie
AG
TurkeyBaconLeg said:

Bondag said:

BQRyno said:

AgLiving beat me to it.
Seems like we elected a "Karen" AOC to Harris County Judge...
FIFY
jellycheese
AG
Just a heads up for anyone who changed the channel after Lina went to Espanol, the presser is still live. Taking questions in English.
swimmerbabe11
Dr. Shaw is speaking now.

There is community spread right now.
Half of the cases can not be traced to travel or a specific patient. We know that this is very challenging. Everything we are doing is to slow this virus down. All of the activities and whatnot that have been highlighted, are to slow it down. Please continue to flatten the curve. Please do everything you can to keep people from getting sick. Be patient, be loving. For our community and our world. Please pay attention.

Some good news: the online testing and self assessment. The vast majority of people will use this and be able to just self monitor and not bog down the system. Still call 911 if it is a LIFE THREATENING emergency, still call your Primary Care, etc.

Basically, the internet tool, is to try to screen out hypochondriac dummies.

We know there still may be a surge. Please be patient. If you don't have symptoms, just stay at home and watch. If you do have symptoms, DEFINITELY don't go out and infect yo friends.

Dr Purse speaking now..
he's thanking lots of people.

Huh, okay this is interesting and did not know. Part of the reason that we are only testing symptomatic people, is that you shed more virus, the more symptomatic you are. So people who have no symptoms, but have it, can and will spread the virus, just not nearly as much as those who are sick.

I mean, I guess that makes sense because of coughing and whatnot..but is that the only reason? Like if I am very careful about not coughing on my hands and stuff, but I have the covid, and I touch things, am I going to shed more than an asymptomatic carrier??

okay, questions now:
so
8500 in our county jail, how do we minimize the risk of Covid sweeping through the jail?
Nonviolent offenses were released. (LA county did the same)
Prioritize more serious offenses when bringing someone into the jail.

False negative if people are asymptomatic. but rand paul tested positive..

that's a dumb question and not what they said. They were worried that you test negative and then get it a week later.

How many are left after this weekend and how long do we have:
weekend was busy.. still working on getting more.. a few several days?
Lina hopped in to remind that federal government will be restocking.

would a shelter in place affect the ports:
If we make a stay at home type order, those are what we are going through and trying to figure out what is/isn't essential. I expect that the ports will continue.

what is stopping the county from taking stronger action and how about undocumented people going to testing sites:
She answered in spanish.. from what I can understand.. go get tested, nobody is looking to trap you. Its very important to get tested, especially if you are pregnant.
. Trying to be reasonable about things that they shut down.

why did we hear about this from a different judge?
I don't have control of what they say.

Did you leave the county this weekend?
She laughed and said absolutely no, her movement has been meeting to meeting. I believe her. she looks exhausted, but also she looks like she feels like the kid in a room of adults.

Okay, that's the end of it.

aTm2004
AG
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

They were worried that you test negative and then get it a week later.
Which is why I wish we had blood testing to determine if you already had it so you could do both at the same time
BMX Bandit
berry not very bright then.

whats being talked about nothing like a shelter in place as term commonly used.

which explains why so many posters think it means they can't leave the house or wont be able to get groceries.
Ag_07
AG
Yep

When I hear shelter in place I think dangerous conditions are present don't go outside.
jc1402
AG
People on this thread were saying the exact same thing a couple pages ago. Shelter in place is not an accurate description of what some of these cities (Dallas) are doing and is not what we would do.
Zobel
AG
CDC is working on a blood test. Hope it's soon, that will unfreeze everything.
CFTXAG10
AG
k2aggie07 said:

I agree. I actually think it has the potential to surpass the positive testing kits in usefulness.

BohunkAg
AG
Quote:

Huh, okay this is interesting and did not know. Part of the reason that we are only testing symptomatic people, is that you shed more virus, the more symptomatic you are. So people who have no symptoms, but have it, can and will spread the virus, just not nearly as much as those who are sick.
Yes, yes yes......my doctor wife has been telling me this all along.
Bondag
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

k2aggie07 said:

I agree. I actually think it has the potential to surpass the positive testing kits in usefulness.

So will the blood tests tell you if you have the virus, or if you have had it and now have antibodies to fight it?
CFTXAG10
AG
Bondag said:

CFTXAG10 said:

k2aggie07 said:

So will the blood tests tell you if you have the virus, or if you have had it and now have antibodies to fight it?
My understanding is that it is the latter.
jetch17
AG
Sly up.
David_Puddy
AG
Of course Sheila pedegg Lee has to be on camera
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
So...did the mayor just imply that liquor stores are an unnecessary exemption to a potential shelter in place order? Because, man, look...
gougler08
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

So...did the mayor just imply that liquor stores are an unnecessary exemption to a potential shelter in place order? Because, man, look...
Man talk about a way to get people to rebel against you quickly
jetch17
AG
social distanctsing
social distanctsing
social distanctsing
kapon
AG
I was on a call with a guy in PA and they closed the liquor stores up there last week!

Govt runs the stores
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.