Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,516 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://abc13.com/watch/23374/

Link to the live stream for the press conference.
Jack Klompus
AG
Waiting on getting the slides in the background lined up. Can't have enough information from the control center in the background.
Houston Lee
AG
Is your job is part of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce? Look here...

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3101961
CowtownAg06
AG
Between this and Abbott's yesterday, I don't udnerstand how they run so late.....
swimmerbabe11
anyone know why the presser hasn't started yet?

wtf is this daily blast nonsense on KHOU11?
GiggityAg01
AG
At least I'm getting to learn how smarties are made on KPRC
i is smart
AG
Got to love the government.
bearkatag15
AG
Its a requirement that government press conferences start at least 15 mins late. Abbot's presser yesterday was this late as well.
HouAggie2007
Khou is unwatchable
jetch17
AG
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I can't stand listening to Lina. She sounds like she is drunk and trying not to sound drunk to the cops.
Houston Lee
AG
Just starting now.
bearkatag15
AG
No order today.
johnrth
She's sounds very uneducated
Teddy Perkins
AG
So basically, no order yet, but there may be one. Still doing their due diligence.
i is smart
AG
nm
jetch17
AG
what a dingle.
Hulla Baller
AG
Her face just shows how lost she is
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm impressed. Kudos to her as of now for not doing it
maroon10
AG
Just speak woman, some Stanford education there. Good lord.
K Bo
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

She sounds like she is drunk and trying not to sound drunk to the cops.
nailed it
Houston Lee
AG
Still talking today about a shelter in place, that she does not want to call a shelter in place.

They will use today to further discuss.
Tom Hagen
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Houston should never follow the lead of Dallas.
We have seen this movie before. Government over-hypes a threat as an excuse to grab more of our freedoms. When the “threat” is over, however, they never give us our freedoms back...Ron Paul

CowtownAg06
AG
Clearly she intended to issue an order and got shot down by Turner, et al. I'm sure something is coming, but if what we've already is working... great.
BMX Bandit
very glad she said "this is not a shelter in place" being considered

too many people using that term.
Bondag
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Its a requirement that government press conferences start at least 15 mins late. Abbot's presser yesterday was this late as well.
Have you ever had a meeting with SJL? She called a meeting with some of my coworkers that was completely unnecessary. They dropped what they had going on to show up to the meeting with about 50 people. After the last person that was supposed to be there arrived, SJL's aide called her and she left her pedicure or wherever she was and showed up like an hour after the phone call.
Teddy Perkins
AG
And readyharris.org is being hit hard and won't load.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Tom Hagen said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Houston should never follow the lead of Dallas.
Agreed. Our city layout is nothing like Dallas. She says what we are doing is working, so why push it and piss of the masses further than most of us already are
HouAggie2007
I don't think she reports to turner
Marvin_Zindler
AG
HouAggie2007 said:

Not in the formal chain of command, but she doesn't do a damn thing with his moronic blessing.
IrishTxAggie
AG
HouAggie2007 said:

She reports to the same people that Turner reports too. There's a lot of money behind the both of them telling them not to do it.
swimmerbabe11
Okay, live from Swimmy's house, we've got the press conference.

... either it is starting late or the link I found it terribad. The Daily Blast? Who are these people watching youtube videos and commentating?

I might give up. This is obnoxious. I prefer watching C-span over whatever this is. Oh thank goodness they just cut off a video of some guy named Josh Gad crying.

I think it is about to start...I guess not.

okay, Lina is talkin.. poor thing is in over her head.
She is thanking peeps for staying home and doing the right thing and working together to stave off this crisis. Folks are mostly staying home.. but others shouldn't be out and about but are.
Shelter in Place is not the right term for our region.. it makes you think of active shooter drills/tornado/hurricane etc. We are working and doing our due diligence and trying to figure out what is essential/nonessential. How to be deliberate about this.
We may issue a stay at home order, but we have not made that decision yet. We are still meeting with stakeholders (who isn't a stakeholder here?)
I know these words sound scary (are we 4th graders) but we will get through this and my first priority is the health and safety of the community and will be my guiding light for the DECISION LATER ON TODAY.

Okay, so the reason we are here is good news about testing. So go online to READYHARRIS.ORG for the screening tool and you can see if it is necessary for you to be tested at this time. Based on passing, you will get an identifier and a phone number to call. They will screen you again and if you pass, they will give you a location to go to.

So, we only want to test people who are symptomatic so that we don't get back false negatives.
250 tests per day, per site, and we have two sites.
neighboring counties are welcome to use this also. We do expect a waiting list.

There is a phone number if you don't have internet..I'm not providing it because if you read this, you have internet. It is now only in english, should have spanish in a few hours, 5 other languages in days.

If you receive a positive, you will probably just be told just to go home and be safe. Stop being out and about. Unless you need hospitalization, and then of course we will connect you to the right people. However, testing is still important, so if you have symptoms, please get tested even though that's not treatment.

test results take 2-4 days. still working to speed that up.
when tested, please keep your window rolled up.

We are not exaggerating when we say social distancing is a matter of life or death.

Lina translating it all to spanish now.

AgLiving06
Maybe someone within Houston actually looked at the covidactnow website and realized it was FOS and they postponed any decision.

Makes Dallas look stupid which is always a positive.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Is she going to repeat *everything* in Spanish?
cajunaggie08
AG
she keeps using the word folks like someone advised her that it makes he seem more relatable . People is an acceptable synonym
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.