Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,827 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's almost like they knew this was coming and had prepared
TXTransplant
Interesting observation - the people around me who are most disappointed by this decision are those who have had at least one dose (some of them two doses) of vaccine.

I don't qualify for vaccination, yet, but I'm happy to take my chances with no mask. If I were worried, I always have the option of curbside at HEB and live-stream/on-demand fitness classes in my own home. Besides work, HEB and my fitness studio are the only places I spend a significant amount of time.

I doubt my employer will be dropping our mask requirement anytime soon, though.

It will be interesting to see what the Catholic Diocese of Houston-Galveston does. I expect them to continue to require masks and reduced capacity at Mass, only because there seems to be a disproportionate number of high-risk people attending Mass (at least at my church, anyway).
Keegan99
AG
Quote:

Nearly 5.7 million vaccine shots have been administered to Texans, and the state is now administering almost one million shots each week. By next Wednesday, about 7 million shots will have been administered in Texas and over half of seniors in Texas will have received a vaccine shot. By the end of March, every senior who wants a vaccine should be able to get one. The vaccine supply continues to increase so rapidly that more and more Texans will soon be eligible to receive a vaccine.

https://news4sanantonio.com/newsletter-daily/gov-greg-abbott-to-make-statewide-announcement-during-lubbock-visit-tuesday
Nitro Power
AG
Lol...**** em both. They can say and order whatever they want, but it is purely symbolic. They have no path to enforcement. I hated here pressers, but I will make it a point to watch today.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
CoachRTM
AG
I don't hate Hidalgo as much as most of you. I believe she thinks she's doing the right thing, and I'm ok with respecting people with different opinions than my own.

That being said, can we discuss how ridiculous this signature is? It's not like this was an unimportant letter than she just signed in a hurry.

Post removed:
by user
Irish 2.0
I've got Dora's presser opened up, but she hasn't started yet. I'll try to give notes, but not like she can di *****
LostInLA07
AG
Sasappis said:

Neighborhood Facebook page is in full meltdown. People are literally saying they cannot leave their house now because of the increased risk by lifting the mask mandate.

It will be interesting to see how and what the schools say. The EO is completely silent on school mask mandates.

Good they should stay inside forever.
Nitro Power
AG
Whether her intentions are good or not (I suspect she is power hungry like most pols), she is a dumbass. That is not debatable.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
jetch17
AG
"light at the end of the tunnel, but were not there yet .... THIS IS NOT THE TIIIIIIIIME"
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
jetch17 said:

"light t the end of the tunnel, but were not there yet .... THIS IS NOT THE TIIIIIIIIME"
"....rather we are far from it..."

F that
jetch17
AG
"follow the spirit of what we need to do, and keep wearing your facemasks"
Keegan99
AG
Sasappis said:

Neighborhood Facebook page is in full meltdown. People are literally saying they cannot leave their house now because of the increased risk by lifting the mask mandate.

It will be interesting to see how and what the schools say. The EO is completely silent on school mask mandates.

Good. They can go buy an n95 for their own protection.

That's actually effective, unlike the cloth mask theater.
Irish 2.0
Dora:
Light at the end of the tunnel. We're not there yet. Not even close.

Imploring people to keep up and follow the spirit of the COVID restrictions

Dora (In Spanish)
Luz al final del tnel. An no hemos llegado. Ni siquiera cerca.

Implicando a las personas que se mantengan al da y sigan el espritu de las restricciones de COVID.
XpressAg09
AG
CoachRTM said:

I don't hate Hidalgo as much as most of you. I believe she thinks she's doing the right thing, and I'm ok with respecting people with different opinions than my own.

That's where you're wrong, bud. When you're in power and you force your opinion on other folks at the cost of their freedom to move (liberty) and their job (pursuit of happiness), you don't get no respect.

A good opinion shouldn't have to be forced onto others.
jetch17
AG
she just keeps saying tiempo, and now i want green sauce.
Irish 2.0
Now going after them for the grid crap
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
She's accusing this as politically motivated to ignore power grid failure issues.
BohunkAg
AG
jetch17 said:

she just keeps saying tiempo, and now i want green sauce.
And an everclear marg
Nitro Power
AG
That's weak. I don't give a **** what the reasoning. Those issues from two weeks ago are in the past. You have to work in the present. Man I thought this would be later in the day. I'm sad I'm missing it.
jetch17
AG
jeez she always sounds like shes going to breakdown crying
evestor1
Lina - "I have been working day and night to get vaccines out there"

Evestor1 - "Not so fast Lina. I saw you buying crab legs with your boyfriend at HEB"
Irish 2.0
She just acknowledged that Abbott did indeed clip her wings. **** her, she can go back to being irrelevant now
BohunkAg
AG
CypressCPAg said:

She's accusing this as politically motivated to ignore power grid failure issues.
Someone gave her that talking point.
TarponChaser
LostInLA07 said:

Sasappis said:

Good they should stay inside forever.

Until somebody has to do a wellness check because of the strange smell emanating from the house.
Charlie Murphy
CoachRTM said:

Too bad she doesnt agree with your sentiment.
Nitro Power
AG
Lol...I doubt she did much besides grandstand and cheerlead via ****ter
Bondag
AG
jetch17 said:

Sly on wallowing ... NOT THE TIME TO TAKE YOUR MASKS OFF OR LOWER STANDARDS
Masks and low standards. Sounds like his dating life.
BohunkAg
AG
Sasappis said:

Those types of people probably shouldn't leave their house TBH.....maybe we would all be better off.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Here's the full order if it hasn't been posted yet:

https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/EO-GA-34-opening-Texas-response-to-COVID-disaster-IMAGE-03-02-2021.pdf
Ag_07
AG
Didn't we drop below the 200 daily new case line recently?

In a city of 6 million
Diggity
AG
you ain't kidding. This lady already has both doses, but everyone gonna die now.

Someone should tell her businesses can still mandate whatever the hell they want...and nobody is preventing you and your malnourished ilk from wearing all the masks you want.

BohunkAg
AG
No one is overreacting at all

Nitro Power
AG
Probably best if the rockets and Texans both get their seasons canceled
HtownAg92
AG
So f'ing funny that she calls Abbott's actions purely political.

Also citing 3200 deaths in a county of 4.8 million may not be the most persuasive statistic supporting your whiny plea.
First Page Last Page
Page 353 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.