Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,498,900 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We might end up faring as poorly as Florida. But if we kept the mandates we could be as well off as Los Angeles!

BohunkAg
AG
That b-tch doesn't give the first sh-t about healthcare workers. Pardon my rant. My wife has been dealing with this for the better part of a year. And dealing with people like this loony b-tch, who come in thinking they have covid with every little sniffle. It's been a difficult year for all of us, including my business. Some stay at home mom in Katy acting like she has any idea of what it's like can kiss my ever living ass.
cajunaggie08
AG
Ag_07 said:

Didn't we drop below the 200 daily new case line recently?

In a city of 6 million
The current 7-day rolling average is at around 1000 new cases per day
Nitro Power
AG
1000/6000000

When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
lancevance
Talmbout! Never gonna wear a mask anymore.
Unemployed
AG
Nitro Power said:

Probably best if the rockets and Texans both get their seasons canceled
Nah....Rockets need that high draft pick.
cajunaggie08
AG
Nitro Power said:

1000/6000000

509,294/6000000 is not insignificant. We have averaged about 1,400 cases per day starting last March. Thankfully the death rate hasnt been high.

Bondag
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Nitro Power said:

1000/6000000

509,294/6000000 is not insignificant. We have averaged about 1,400 cases per day starting last March. Thankfully the death rate hasnt been high.

WE CAN'T OPEN BACK UP UNTIL THAT CHART GOES TO ZERO!
BowSowy
AG
Who cares about the cumulative case count? Why is that even part of the discussion right now?
Diggity
AG
no *****
JobSecurity
AG
Cumulative case numbers are irrelevant unless you're talking about herd immunity.

Let's say you're contagious for 14 days which is very conservative. Rolling avg 1000/day = 14k current contagious people out of 6 million. Or 0.2%. most of them will stay home but let's say half are out and about because they don't know they're sick. Now we're at 0.1%. Let's say you find one of them and they sneeze in your mouth. Oh no! Now you've only got a 99.6% chance of surviving.

It's all bull*****
Nitro Power
AG
I don't understand where this whole cases thing came about. Logic's says the more case the more deaths (even if the percentage of death is smaller), I get that, but cases are largely irrelevant. All that matters is hospitalization capacity.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
jetch17
AG
cases are largely irrelevant because most people barely know they have it and are fine in a few days.
Onceaggie2.0
LOL pooor Dora and Gay Sly
jetch17
AG
dallas trying to pull a fast one ... Im sure Linas got him on the phone

Ag_07
AG
Holy hell that has to be illegal!

What if something bad happens and they don't have the beds.

Just awful
Diggity
AG
the lady tweeting that crap seems to be a bit "sensational" so take it with a grain of salt.
Nitro Power
AG
Not sure why a hospital would oblige. By doing so, they would be decreasing revenue, which in turn decreases profit. Good luck Clay.
CFTXAG10
AG
Even more reason to open up 100%

jetch17
AG
like Digg said, its probably sensationalized, but i also wouldnt put it past em

just saw it on another thread
CoachRTM
AG
So, here's my opinion that will probably get drowned out by the 10-1 ratio of people that disagree with me on this thread. I'm a "moderate" so sometimes I feel like a crazy person on this red-heavy site, even though I've voted for 10 times as many R's as D's.

TLDR : I disagreed with the mask mandate and original response to the virus... but I think this is too early to go back to 100% and remove the mandate.

If I was 100% in charge, from the beginning my policy would have been that everyone should have been able to make their own decisions. Educate people on exactly what a mask does, and let them make their own decisions if they want to wear one. Let businesses make their own decisions on whether their staff or customers have to wear one, etc. This country was founded on liberty, and I believe in that. I'm guessing most of you will agree with that.

That being said.... we had the mask mandate in place. We are a couple weeks away from everyone in 1A/1B having the ability to get the vaccine. We're maybe a month or two away from everyone in the country being able to sign up for the vaccine. Why not wait for one of those moments to lift the mask mandate and open everything up 100%? Why not use now to raise capacity to 50-75% and take steps back towards normalcy. Whether it's right or wrong, this decision is now going to be viewed as one for political gain. "Abbott wanted to be one of the first..., he's trying to distract from the power grid issue..", etc.

I personally think masks are useless and mostly just emotion theater to make people feel better. But this feels like one more thing that is now going to be used as a political tool. I'm 1,000% sick of the divide in this country. Left vs right, white vs black, gay vs straight... whatever. It's all repulsive. If we had made incremental steps towards 100% open, the divide wouldn't have been nearly as bad - it could have even been framed as a chance for bringing people together and eased people back into society.

I know too many people that have been stuck in their house for a year now.... barely every leaving the house. COVID and the response to it was always going to cause a ton of anxiety and mental issues as we opened back up.... ripping the band-aid off all at once doesn't seem like the right decision here to me.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
CoachRTM said:

So, here's my opinion
So many words. Take it to facebook.
CoachRTM
AG
I don't use facebook. You are my facebook.

(and I added a TLDR for you)
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Thanks
jetch17
AG
no, not unless the hospitals go over 15%
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
CoachRTM said:

I know too many people that have been stuck in their house for a year now.... barely every leaving the house. COVID and the response to it was always going to cause a ton of anxiety and mental issues as we opened back up.... ripping the band-aid off all at once doesn't seem like the right decision here to me.
what band-aid is being ripped off here? These people are still able to stay at home, or not.

Quote:

I personally think masks are useless and mostly just emotion theater to make people feel better
if you truly believe this, you are basically conceding the mandate is political theater...so why are you upset about it being lifted?
LostInLA07
AG
Insane. Intentionally reduce hospital capacity just to maintain power. If he was actually worried about no masks causing a surge he'd be increasing hospital capacity to prepare.
BowSowy
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

jetch17 said:

no, not unless the hospitals go over 15%

Watch her rig capacity numbers.
Thankfully, it's all tied to those hospital "areas", so unless Lina can manipulate capacity numbers for Walker, Montgomery, Waller, Austin, Colorado, Wharton, and Fort Bend counties, she won't have much swing.
Irish 2.0
Is it too late to uncancel HLSR?
TXTransplant
I was where you are up at the start of this up until about the end of last summer. At that point, the fear mongering and use of it to control certain behaviors just became too much.

Sure, we are supposedly just a few weeks away from everyone having the ability to be vaccinated. But we know that not everyone is going to be vaccinated.

It's time to let people who have been vaccinated, have immunity from a previous infection, or have assessed their risk and have determined it is not significant enough to alter their every day life get back to business as usual and start recovering from the damage that has been done.

Everyone else can continue to isolate, socially distance, and wear masks. We should not be altering our lives this significantly for worst case scenario for even one minute longer.
AMW2010
AG
Diggity said:

Cue the Lina: "we are disappointed that the governor is [bla bla bla]. We must remain vigilant. We have made progress, but this is only the third quarter. This fight is not over!" announcement.

Damn... do you write her speeches? This was almost spot on!!!
CFTXAG10
Ag_07
AG
I still don't see why people are upset about this.

If they want to wear a mask they can.
If they wanna stay home they can.

Remember...Your mask was always meant for others not you anyways.

First Page Last Page
Page 354 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.