Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,763 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
The Last Cobra Commander
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bondag said:

They are getting volunteers for some of the sites by offering them leftover vaccine at the end of their shift. This is a common practice. Would they rather that the 9 vials go to waste? They can't re-freeze them so it is either find some that can use it or throw it in the trash.

Thank God he found the last sane judge in Harris County.
"Ogg spokesman Dane Schiller said prosecutors will still pursue the case."

"Judge Bynum's gratuitous observations call into question his fairness and impartiality; we anticipate presenting all the evidence in the matter to a grand jury," Schiller said.

dafuq!
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
XpressAg09
AG
If it saves just one life...
TXTransplant
Ag06Law said:

Is everyone ready to play the vaccine lottery?

https://abc13.com/health/judge-hidalgo-announces-new-covid-19-vaccine-waitlist/10004275/

Quote:

The waitlist is said to be weighted and randomized, meaning the website won't necessarily favor whoever has the quickest internet connection. Once the portal opens Tuesday, everyone will be able to register.

If you fall under the 1A, 1B or seniors groups, then your registration will be weighted for priority, and it will then be randomized within the priority list.

It was already an informal lottery process anyway. My coworkers who have gotten the vaccine through Harris Co have said you literally have to stay on the website all day and keep clicking until an appt comes up. One said he thought the only reason he got in was because the website was malfunctioning, and he happened to click right as it came back up.

Getting the vaccine right now is mostly luck, and the process doesn't really favor the demographic who need it most (65+). How many people that age and older sit at a computer all day?
TXTransplant
I'd volunteer for jury duty in that case, if I could.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Haven't you already had covid?
TXTransplant
Yes. Why do you ask?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Why are you so eager to get the vaccine (or at least eager enough to subject yourself to the whip of jury duty) if you already have antibodies?
TXTransplant
ChipFTAC01 said:

Why are you so eager to get the vaccine (or at least eager enough to subject yourself to the whip of jury duty) if you already have antibodies?

Where in any of my posts does it say I'm eager to get the vaccine?

I was discussing my coworkers' experiences getting the vaccine. I do happen to have two parents who do qualify and need to be vaccinated, so they were giving feedback to me on how the process worked (which I then passed on to my parents).

The jury duty comment was in response to the doctor who is being prosecuted for administering extra doses of the vaccine so they wouldn't spoil. Taking that case to a grand jury is abso-freaking-lutely ridiculous, and I would be more than happy to serve on a jury that acquitted him, simply because the charges are stupid. What in the world does that opinion have to do with having antibodies or getting the vaccine?
ChipFTAC01
AG
My apologies I completely misread something that wasn't there. I interpreted your comment about volunteering for jury duty as people going to jury duty getting to the front of the vaccination queue which is a fact that isn't posited anywhere.
TXTransplant
No worries! But I was wondering why you made that leap!
chjoak
AG
BohunkAg said:

Reading this story, this guy got fired and vilified for no reason.

These charges are absolute BS. Isn't it the Houston mayor and Harris Co judge that are pushing for everyone to get tested & vaccinated? With the short shelf life of the vaccine, would she rather he tossed them extras in the trash?

My sister works as a part-time pharmtech at Walgreens as a 2nd job. She said that this is standard practice at 3-4 stores she works at. they never intentionally over prepare but there is inevitably extra doses when they do nursing homes, etc... so they give people in need the opportunity to get vaccinated rather than throw away the doses. My parents were able to get vaccinated because of this.
FalconAg06
Tine victory over Covid day? New cases down like 70% over last Monday, r* of .76.
spadilly
S
BowSowy
AG
In case anyone's looking to register for the vaccine, you can now get register and get in line here:

https://vacstrac.hctx.net/landing
AgLiving06
Tried the link.

Like half the fields are supposed to have dropdown options but are blank so you can't select.

Quality rollout.
TraditionsPD
AG
is the registration button not active
AgLiving06
TraditionsPD said:

is the registration button not active

It is. If you click "none" on the occupation question, there's then a new drop down were you pick your specific field.

That's what initially stopped me from getting to the registration page.
07fta07
AG
But then the next page won't let you select anything in the drop down boxes - there's nothing there.
czechy91
AG
Unfortunately the site isn't working. It doesn't allow you to proceed to registration after acknowledging the privacy statement.
TraditionsPD
AG
I let it sit there for about 5 minutes then it moved to the next page
BowSowy
AG
I was able to register. But it looks like it's not active anymore. Womp womp
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

I was able to register. But it looks like it's not active anymore. Womp womp

You're just cooler than the rest of these people
Diggity
AG
good work Dora. At least the Hungers Games actually worked.
BowSowy
AG
Quote:

The waitlist is said to be weighted and randomized, meaning the website won't necessarily favor whoever has the quickest internet connection. Once the portal opens Tuesday, everyone will be able to register.
lol
Diggity
AG
and KPRC runs a story today using last weeks numbers. Shocking

Ag06Law
AG
Diggity said:

I saw that on the news last night. What a joke. Clearly some reporter had been working on the report for a few days and they just decided to run with it even though it wasn't really relevant anymore.
TraditionsPD
AG
Website is working
BQ_90
AG
Diggity said:

good work Dora. At least the Hungers Games actually worked.
you better watch it or she'll put the county in double secret purpleish-chartreuse color alert
T Durden
AG
Ag06Law said:

Diggity said:

I saw that on the news last night. What a joke. Clearly some reporter had been working on the report for a few days and they just decided to run with it even though it wasn't really relevant anymore.

My gosh we better go to Red Alert status...
Bondag
AG
They opened the Today show with a quote from Dora that we now had an online waiting list.

WTF did they wait until after the the vaccine was available to create a list?
TXTransplant
Bondag said:

They opened the Today show with a quote from Dora that we now had an online waiting list.

They initially rolled out a website where you could actually make an appointment. But, there were so few doses available that you pretty much had to sit at your computer all day and keep refreshing until one came up. Plus, the website kept crashing/having technical difficulties. So, they decided that wasn't fair.

This "waiting list" is what they've rolled out to make it more "fair". No one can schedule an appt directly. You put your info in, it gets prioritized based on age, occupation, and (maybe) the health questions they ask. That puts you on a list that is supposedly randomized and Harris Co Public Health will contact you when your name comes up.

FWIW, you can get on the waiting list right now even if you don't qualify under 1A or 1B status. Supposedly when more categories are approved for vaccination, then they will include you in the selection process.

However, they have said that when/how early you get on the wait list does not impact when you are selected. It's all supposed to be random, after they prioritize for occupation, age, and pre-existing conditions. Website doesn't say which of those they give most/least priority to.
TraditionsPD
AG
I was able to vaccinated yesterday. My wife had an appointment but I did not and showed up with her and was able to get one. There was 0 line and took all of 25 minutes including waiting 15 minutes post injection
aTm2004
AG
Bondag said:

You can't expect a government employee to think and plan ahead.

drumboy
AG
TXTransplant said:

Bondag said:

They initially rolled out a website where you could actually make an appointment. But, there were so few doses available that you pretty much had to sit at your computer all day and keep refreshing until one came up. Plus, the website kept crashing/having technical difficulties. So, they decided that wasn't fair.

This "waiting list" is what they've rolled out to make it more "fair". No one can schedule an appt directly. You put your info in, it gets prioritized based on age, occupation, and (maybe) the health questions they ask. That puts you on a list that is supposedly randomized and Harris Co Public Health will contact you when your name comes up.

FWIW, you can get on the waiting list right now even if you don't qualify under 1A or 1B status. Supposedly when more categories are approved for vaccination, then they will include you in the selection process.

However, they have said that when/how early you get on the wait list does not impact when you are selected. It's all supposed to be random, after they prioritize for occupation, age, and pre-existing conditions. Website doesn't say which of those they give most/least priority to.
I wonder if race makes any difference in priority.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
JYDog90
AG
TraditionsPD said:

I was able to vaccinated yesterday. My wife had an appointment but I did not and showed up with her and was able to get one. There was 0 line and took all of 25 minutes including waiting 15 minutes post injection
I'm not sure this is legal. You'd better take this post down. We can't have vaccination places thinking for themselves and wasting doses on people without appointments.
Formerly Willy Wonka
First Page Last Page
Page 341 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.