Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,382 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
worse than that

it'll be midterms when her party controls the House, the Presidency, and maybe the Senate

she's staring down a wave

if she's smart, she's got her exit ramp in place already
BohunkAg
AG
Follow me on this:

https://www.kwtx.com/2020/10/08/waco-isd-to-close-4-campuses-effective-friday/

This happened after a bunch of state sponsored free rapid tests arrived in Waco. They then determined they had a problem. Everything was OK until then.
Keegan99
AG
BohunkAg said:

Follow me on this:

https://www.kwtx.com/2020/10/08/waco-isd-to-close-4-campuses-effective-friday/

This happened after a bunch of state sponsored free rapid tests arrived in Waco. They then determined they had a problem. Everything was OK until then.

Don't have a problem?

Create one!
KlinkerAg11
AG
Aren't rapid tests really inaccurate?
Bondag
AG
KlinkerAg11 said:

And you can run as many cycles as it takes until you get a positive
BohunkAg
AG
https://wacotrib.com/townnews/school/covid-19-outbreak-shutters-waco-university-high-school-campuses-two-others/article_90f8638a-0983-11eb-a8c5-ebe2392a4814.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

Quote:

Kincannon urged high school students and staff to avail themselves of free COVID-19 testing available next week at sites including Waco ISD Stadium, which offers tests from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday
https://www.wacoisd.org/covidtesting

Quote:

October 7-17: Surge Testing

To save time, pre-registration is recommended by going online and printing out your completed registration form. If you do not have access to a printer, you can complete the form or print it out at any of the four Waco Libraries or three Community Centers locations at no charge. Registration will be available on-site. Waco Transit will be providing free transit rides to anyone going to or from a testing site for testing. All sites listed below will operate from 8 am - 5 pm.
Schools shuttered October 8.
KlinkerAg11
AG
This is all so strange.

It's almost like we are being run by people who are apart of some weird death cult.
BohunkAg
AG
KlinkerAg11 said:

Yes. Wildly.
David_Puddy
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Keegan99 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Texas GOP is really in a bad place right between the Bonnen issues from last year and Ken Paxton right now. I'm disappointed by Abbott's lack of leadership the last few months but I still think he survives.

Yep. Got fat and happy from the Bush and Perry eras. No young stars. Just old opportunists. And they haven't really capitalized on the quarter century of dominance here in the way that Dems have in California.

It's a matter of when, not if, the Dems start winning statewide.

I expect that Crenshaw runs for Governor next go round as a step towards running for president.

I agree with this as well. Crenshaw would dominate whomever he's running against. Outside of his policies and holding people's feet to the fire, he's got over 2 million followers on Instagram, which is absurd for a Congressman (the guy running for President has 4.7 million as a comparison). Lot of people like him because he votes on common sense.
Keegan99
AG
He can also communicate extremely well from a foundation of first principles and facts. A bit like Reagan, he can "sell" conservatism.
The TC Jester
ea1060 said:

Has Lina been out on Washington lately? Every bar is open and packed like crazy. Lines out the door. Zero social distancing.

McIntyres and Drift on 20th were packed and bumping Saturday night, along with every other bar in the area. Abbott's latest announcement was good for a solid chuckle.
Texan_Aggie
AG
David_Puddy said:

AgLiving06 said:

Keegan99 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Texas GOP is really in a bad place right between the Bonnen issues from last year and Ken Paxton right now. I'm disappointed by Abbott's lack of leadership the last few months but I still think he survives.

Yep. Got fat and happy from the Bush and Perry eras. No young stars. Just old opportunists. And they haven't really capitalized on the quarter century of dominance here in the way that Dems have in California.

It's a matter of when, not if, the Dems start winning statewide.

I expect that Crenshaw runs for Governor next go round as a step towards running for president.

I agree with this as well. Crenshaw would dominate whomever he's running against. Outside of his policies and holding people's feet to the fire, he's got over 2 million followers on Instagram, which is absurd for a Congressman (the guy running for President has 4.7 million as a comparison). Lot of people like him because he votes on common sense.
Yes, but I'd also wager a lot of those followers are from the traction he got on SNL w/ Pete Davidson. Push comes to shove, I wouldn't bet that those followers would equal votes, per se.
BarryProfit
He's very smart. Held his own well with Bill Maher on his show, which is not easy to do.
CW Griswold
The TC Jester said:

ea1060 said:

Has Lina been out on Washington lately? Every bar is open and packed like crazy. Lines out the door. Zero social distancing.

McIntyres and Drift on 20th were packed and bumping Saturday night, along with every other bar in the area. Abbott's latest announcement was good for a solid chuckle.

Forget remdesivir. The government needs to make Covid corn chips available to the public.
swimmerbabe11
They can though.

This does nothing for places like D&W, Big Star, Danny's Fly a Kite...etc.
neighborhood bars that can't just plop a food truck out in the lawn and call it a day.
Texan_Aggie
AG
They can do a drink and chips combo. $6 for the combo, $4 for the chips if you only want chips.
Caliber
AG
Keegan99 said:

He can also communicate extremely well from a foundation of first principles and facts. A bit like Reagan, he can "sell" conservatism.
And he's a damned pirate too!
Silky Johnston
I guess we've doing it wrong all along. Instead of wearing a mask, we should strap a bag of Cheetos across our face to keep the Rona away.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Instead of walking around with an onion tied to your belt, everyone should tie a small bag of tortilla chips to their belt. 'Rona eliminated.
tamuags08
AG
blindey said:

Instead of walking around with an onion tied to your belt, everyone should tie a small bag of tortilla chips to their belt. 'Rona eliminated.
which was the STYLE at the time
Post removed:
by user
TexAg91
AG
50% false negative
Near 0% false positive

Per this article:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734
Post removed:
by user
The TC Jester
swimmerbabe11 said:

They can though.

This does nothing for places like D&W, Big Star, Danny's Fly a Kite...etc.
neighborhood bars that can't just plop a food truck out in the lawn and call it a day.

A lot of em have been saying F it for weeks now. Not sure about those. But others in the area have. Shady ass Catty Corner for instance.
BohunkAg
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

BohunkAg said:

KlinkerAg11 said:

Yes. Wildly.

Most are 93% accuracy. Hardly highly inaccurate.
I'm going by what someone very close to me in the medical profession told me.
cone
AG
it's been explained to me by someone in medicine that the rapid test is what you use to get back to work after symptoms have cleared

but it's not diagnostic at all
one MEEN Ag
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

BohunkAg said:

KlinkerAg11 said:

Yes. Wildly.

Most are 93% accuracy. Hardly highly inaccurate.
Bayes theorem coming in hot! 93% is more than bad enough to overwhelm a city with false positives if testing is done on a large enough scale. Random samplings of coronavirus should show an infected rate of like .01% of our population? Its a super low number. This isn't the spanish flu where 1/3 people got it. Run this test randomly* 100,000 times and your false positive rate will overwhelm the number of those actually with it.

People actually with corona = .001*100,000= 100
People with a false positive of corona = .07*100,000= 7,000

This is a vast oversimplification, but this is why tests need to be 99.9+% accurate. 93% accuracy means more than 1/20 people are getting a false positive. Thats dog*****

*we do not have random sampling. We've got high risk people self selecting into testing. And even then we are still way way down.

BohunkAg
AG
cone said:

it's been explained to me by someone in medicine that the rapid test is what you use to get back to work after symptoms have cleared

but it's not diagnostic at all
Not how I understand it. You don't want to take a test to get cleared. You will still have some of the covid markers in your body for possibly weeks. 10 days from first symptoms and 48 hours with no fever. This whole testing until you test negative is a real problem from what I understand.
cone
AG
some places require a negative test to get back (or at least have so far)

so don't want to wait for a PCR negative as evidence
BohunkAg
AG
cone said:

some places require a negative test to get back (or at least have so far)

so don't want to wait for a PCR negative as evidence
I realize some places do. I'm saying I think that's not the right approach.
Cromagnum
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

aTm2004 said:

Assuming the virus will be "under control" at about 8pm on November 3rd.

What a dumb *****.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Mama Lina treatin' the houston economy just right.

jetch17
AG
Houston heath dept reporting the ever elusive 5% today - bet hobag won't say sh*t about it

No deaths reported.

Cases under 200.
Post removed:
by user
DustysLineup
AG
Just wait for the 2nd wave!!!!!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 288 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.