Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,260 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Petrino1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has Lina been out on Washington lately? Every bar is open and packed like crazy. Lines out the door. Zero social distancing.
TexAg91
AG
ea1060 said:

Has Lina been out on Washington lately? Every bar is open and packed like crazy. Lines out the door. Zero social distancing.
That's probably why Houston hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID patients. That must be true, since we are still FULL RED!
LostInLA07
AG
ea1060 said:

So, again, those are restaurants. They paid their $1,000 and have a piece of paper that says they are a restaurant for 90 days. That piece of paper drastically changes the covid risk as long as they sell chips.
J. Walter Weatherman
aTm2004 said:

Assuming the virus will be "under control" at about 8pm on November 3rd.
LostInLA07
AG
The restrictions by state and local governments will be lifted about a month into Biden's presidency. They'll need to wait until then so they can attribute the "progress" to the actions by Biden in his first 30 days.

It's pretty easy to predict this stuff. Just like it was easy to predict a "virtual" debate as soon as Biden said he would "listen to the experts" regarding the second debate.
Keegan99
AG
And Biden and the Dems will then proceed to bail out NY, CA, and the other lockdown states, rewarding them for their gross mismanagement.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
LostInLA07
AG
Also, if Trump somehow wins, the D states will probably re-open more quickly because they know they won't be getting a bail out and the allocation of credit for "progress" will need to be assigned to the D governors and local officials who made the "tough decisions based on science" to keep everyone safe. Waiting for widespread vaccine distribution or for Trump's DoJ to force reopening could allow Trump to take credit and that wouldn't be politically palatable for them.
KlinkerAg11
AG
Sounds like you guys think things are back to normal by March one way or the other.

Also, new to this thread.

The woman in question is 29? She looks really old.
cone
AG
she has dead lifeless eyes
NASAg03
Fun sexy Columbians are busy dancing the night away at Fabians or Rumba Club or Club Tropicana. It's not a matter of age, as I've met Lantinas that are twice Dora's age and still look better.

That's what happens even you think you can control one of the largest cities in America. The hate mail must be taking years off her life. It's hard being unloved...
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
KlinkerAg11
AG
True, let me rephrase it. She looks like a 1930s depression era photo come to life.

I guess that's what I mean by old, she looks weathered.
LostInLA07
AG
I'm sure she is intentionally trying to look older with hair style, makeup, outfit choices, etc.

If people actually realized they were voting for a new grad to run one of the largest counties in the nation they may have voted differently. She had / has a need to look "experienced."
Texan_Aggie
AG
Forgive me for my ignorance but, when is she up for re-election and who is running against her?
LostInLA07
AG
I think she has 2 more years.
Post removed:
by user
YellAg2004
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Forgive me for my ignorance but, when is she up for re-election and who is running against her?
MAROON
AG
she rode in on Beto's coattails. There will be no coattails in 2022. It will be an off election year with minimal excitement - that's not good for her.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
drumboy
AG
MAROON said:

she rode in on Beto's coattails. There will be no coattails in 2022. It will be an off election year with minimal excitement - that's not good for her.
Cruz will again be up for reelection and I could see a lot of money thrown at flipping that senate seat.
LostInLA07
AG
It will be 2 years into, based on polling, a Biden presidency. Those mid terms generally result in the President's party losing seats so I doubt Cruz ends up with a serious challenger.
Keegan99
AG
drumboy said:

MAROON said:

Cruz will again be up for reelection and I could see a lot of money thrown at flipping that senate seat.

Senate terms are six years.

With Cruz reelected in 2018 and Cornyn presumably reelected this year, Texas will not have a Senate election until 2024.
Ronnie
AG
LostInLA07 said:

I'm sure she is intentionally trying to look older with hair style, makeup, outfit choices, etc.

If people actually realized they were voting for a new grad to run one of the largest counties in the nation they may have voted differently. She had / has a need to look "experienced."
I agree with this. She had an off camera moment (accidentally caught) where she wasn't wearing a mask and her mannerisms and presence definitely seemed different. Until she noticed and quickly had to put the mask on.
MAROON
AG
exactly
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
LostInLA07
AG
Good point. Was off by 2 years. Cruz will be in a presidential election year so that seat will be at risk.
CowtownAg06
AG
Biggest race in 2022 in Governor. Even with Beto wave 2018 wasn't close. Now lots can change. Dems didn't run a great candidate and Abbot may get a stiff primary challenge.
Post removed:
by user
CowtownAg06
AG
Texas GOP is really in a bad place right between the Bonnen issues from last year and Ken Paxton right now. I'm disappointed by Abbott's lack of leadership the last few months but I still think he survives.
Keegan99
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Biggest race in 2022 in Governor. Even with Beto wave 2018 wasn't close. Now lots can change. Dems didn't run a great candidate and Abbot may get a stiff primary challenge.

Abbott has killed his base. The grassroots of the party overwhelmingly issued a strong rebuke just weeks ago.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-gop-urges-abbott-to-open-texas-now/
Keegan99
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Texas GOP is really in a bad place right between the Bonnen issues from last year and Ken Paxton right now. I'm disappointed by Abbott's lack of leadership the last few months but I still think he survives.

Yep. Got fat and happy from the Bush and Perry eras. No young stars. Just old opportunists. And they haven't really capitalized on the quarter century of dominance here in the way that Dems have in California.

It's a matter of when, not if, the Dems start winning statewide.
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
AgLiving06
Keegan99 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Yep. Got fat and happy from the Bush and Perry eras. No young stars. Just old opportunists. And they haven't really capitalized on the quarter century of dominance here in the way that Dems have in California.

I expect that Crenshaw runs for Governor next go round as a step towards running for president.
BohunkAg
AG
Keegan99 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Well Keegan, I WAS having a good day.
First Page Last Page
Page 287 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.