Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,881 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What a thunder****.
Post removed:
by user
ptothemo
AG
The fact that she claims that they designed the system and didn't just make **** up on the fly is laughable. There was no design, it was and is a color code to give unfounded summary level support to a desire to drive fear and control the social media masses.
LostInLA07
AG
She probably meant they paid a graphic designer for the death gauge image.
chimpanzee
ptothemo said:

The fact that she claims that they designed the system and didn't just make **** up on the fly is laughable. There was no design, it was and is a color code to give unfounded summary level support to a desire to drive fear and control the social media masses.

Nice of her to note that she's recommending that we operate under a system that would more easily restrict our lives than it would relieve those restrictions and bonus points for only making that clear once the restrictions are already in place. Why should anyone ever trust a politician that wants to play bait and switch with your liberties?

Hidalgo is taking orders from somewhere to recommend as many restrictions as she possibly can. They're trying to pin every case on Donald Trump and every heroic action against the virus on themselves. So much the better if no one actually has to listen to your mandates. This way Hidalgo can just rely on people falling back to the fear driven precautionary principle imagining a world where someone would have been "safer" but for reckless Republicans while the fundamentals of economies and civilizations are kept barely alive in spite of your efforts outside of the oblivious public's consciousness.

Disneyland just fired 28,000 people in a state with rolling blackouts and brush fires that they won't do anything to prevent.

Disney World is open, I know a family of five going there next week.

In places like NY and NJ where the D's have actual power, they're literally running on the Animal House "You f-ed up, you trusted us" defense mining obscure CDC recommendations for ways they can misinterpret them ex post facto to claim their hands were tied by federal directives that only they followed.

The Republican Party as such is a bunch of self interested jokers, to be sure, but we only have two choices and people need to choose which one of these models might work next time something serious that politicians don't understand comes around.
rhoswen
AG
The biggest issue is the school districts are still listening to her. Namely HISD and Channelview that i know of.
rhoswen
AG
And they're doing it solely to appease the small minority of Karens.
chimpanzee
rhoswen said:

The biggest issue is the school districts are still listening to her. Namely HISD and Channelview that i know of.

That would at least be consistent with those two groups' track record of success.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
chimpanzee
Right there with you thirdcoast.

It's a bit encouraging that once you get outside of countries using English language media that more rationality seems to be mostly taking hold. But all the more disheartening that few people seem to notice or care that every speculative model used by the lockdowner "experts" has proven false by actual experience.

I knew we were in for trouble as soon as the shout-down brigade got fired up over Trump saying "we can't let the cure be worse than the disease". He wasn't even defining "worse" for anyone, but they were geared up to make sure people equated merely thinking about the costs of what they were preparing to do to us to be mentally equivalent to some kind of death mongering ghoulishness.

It's all very purposeful and programmatic.
Post removed:
by user
kb91
AG
Ag_07 said:

From a KPRC story

Quote:

"We designed the system so that we would come out of red better than when we went into it," Hidalgo explained.

"If I were advising the county, I would say it probably is time to reduce that threat level, cause mostly everything is moving in the right direction," said Dr. McDeavitt.

Instead, this week Hidalgo addressed the issue and doubled down.

She's sticking with Red = Stay Home.

So what does this mean for you? Not much, really since the county can only "recommend" you stay home. Only Governor Greg Abbott can "mandate" it. Right now, he's not doing that.

Here's the video: Queen Grande Face Diaper

So dumb. Glad the local shills are finally giving this some airtime.
aTm2004
AG
rhoswen said:

I'm so happy F...agen and Humble ISD told her to go eff herself with a rusty barbwired covered dildo.
jetch17
AG
kb91 said:

Ag_07 said:

From a KPRC story

Quote:

"We designed the system so that we would come out of red better than when we went into it," Hidalgo explained.

"If I were advising the county, I would say it probably is time to reduce that threat level, cause mostly everything is moving in the right direction," said Dr. McDeavitt.

Instead, this week Hidalgo addressed the issue and doubled down.

She's sticking with Red = Stay Home.

So what does this mean for you? Not much, really since the county can only "recommend" you stay home. Only Governor Greg Abbott can "mandate" it. Right now, he's not doing that.

Here's the video: Queen Grande Face Diaper

So dumb. Glad the local shills are finally giving this some airtime.
sh*t the ch.2 story was actually pretty good - mannnn F her.
cone
AG
she's about to head to Washington

there's no other explanation i can come up with
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
cone said:

she's about to head to Washington

there's no other explanation i can come up with
Occam's razor. She's an idiot.

cone
AG
well it just doesn't make sense from a career perspective to run out this term like this when your re-election is going to run into the teeth of the Biden presidency mid-terms

so she's most likely outta here. if she's smart she's already got an exit ramp to where dead-eyed bureaucrats feel more at home.
Jet Black
cone said:

well it just doesn't make sense from a career perspective to run out this term like this when your re-election is going to run into the teeth of the Biden presidency mid-terms

so she's most likely outta here. if she's smart she's already got an exit ramp to where dead-eyed bureaucrats feel more at home.
Irish 2.0
cone said:

She's caught the attention of the national dems. She knows what she is doing with this *****
Noble07
AG
I agree that she's obsessed with higher office, but this is still a dumb strategy. Nobody listens to her anymore, or this color code system.

I never put up campaign signs, etc. I can't wait to put up a sign, bumper sticker, etc for her challenger.
cone
AG
i know polite slightly left of center working white ladies with kids that pretty much hate her now

still plenty of time for people to forget, but that's her primary demo
chimpanzee
CreakinDeacon said:

cone said:

She's caught the attention of the national dems. She knows what she is doing with this *****

A pretty face and willing to follow instructions to the letter.

What's not to like?
Diggity
AG
Noble07 said:

I agree that she's obsessed with higher office, but this is still a dumb strategy. Nobody listens to her anymore, or this color code system.

I never put up campaign signs, etc. I can't wait to put up a sign, bumper sticker, etc for her challenger.
I don't think it matters if anyone pays attention. She'll just be known as the tough young latinx that stood up to big bad Abbott.

Do you think anyone nationally knows (or cares) if people on the ground are listening? She's going to ride this crisis as long as she can.
RK
AG
i would be very surprised if she is actually making any decisions. i don't believe she is anything more than a mouthpiece. i can't imaging anyone in a room full of city/county higher-up officials listening to anything she has to say.
chimpanzee
RK said:

i would be very surprised if she is actually making any decisions. i don't believe she is anything more than a mouthpiece. i can't imaging anyone in a room full of city/county higher-up officials listening to anything she has to say.
I can't imagine for a second that the Harris County Democrat party would have run with her as their actual choice, did they even have a primary? I always had the impression that her name was thrown in on a lark.
Noble07
AG
I thought the same thing until KPRC pointed out that other democrat run cities in Texas have reduced the "alert" to coincide with improved conditions...even Dallas. I assumed she was just copying the Dallas county judge at the beginning.

On all other stuff like hurricanes, etc I assume she just listens to whoever the crusty old county bureaucrat is that's been doing it for 30+ years.
Noble07
AG
If she were a smarter politician I think she'd change the color to orange (or whatever it is) and take credit for it.
Al Bula
AG
Noble07 said:

If she were a smarter politician I think she'd change the color to orange (or whatever it is) and take credit for it.
this assumes the dimtard NPCs are capable of independent thought.
cone
AG
I don't think we can relax until after Halloween

give it four days after or so just make sure
FHKChE07
AG
I think you mean, 2 weeks...
Silky Johnston
Why did you drive to LAX instead of taking a packed flight if it is only the sniffles? Not disagreeing that it isn't the sniffles, but find it interesting that your actions seem counter to your perception of the disease.
aTm2004
AG
Silky Johnston said:

Why did you drive to LAX instead of taking a packed flight if it is only the sniffles? Not disagreeing that it isn't the sniffles, but find it interesting that your actions seem counter to your perception of the disease.

Just a thought...maybe driving from San Diego to LA is better than catching 2 flights there and having to spend more time in a crappy airport.
First Page Last Page
Page 280 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.