Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,779 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chimpanzee
chimpanzee said:

cone said:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/27/covid19-concerns-about-lasting-heart-damage/

Now do the flu, and give me data on the control group.

Specifically do an analysis of risk factor controlled versus the healthy controlled. There's no context there, just scary speculation.
I wasn't being flippant. The "latest and greatest" is old news. If you get a respiratory infection it can hurt your heart, this has been known.
[url=https://www.ersjournals.com/press/2203/respiratory-infections-trigger-stoke-mycocardial-infarction#:~:text=In%20general%2C%20respiratory%20infections%20are,effects%20on%20the%20heart%20muscle.][/url]
LINK

Quote:

In general, respiratory infections are thought to increase the risk of heart attack and stroke by causing inflammation, which can lead to the development of blood clots. The influenza virus and S.pneumoniae, the most common pneumonia causing bacteria, can also have harmful effects on the heart muscle.

This thing is impacting people in ways that we have endured continually as a society without batting an eyelid, but we just shaved 10% of our GDP off for this one.

redag06
***en absolutely wants to open the schools back up, there is a board meeting on Monday to determine if it will happen or not.
TXTransplant
Heard from a friend that Humble ISD made essentially the same decision about marching band. They will not compete or have a show.
59 South
AG
oglaw said:

It feels like multiple people use the cone account.

Nah he's just bipolar
59 South
AG
TXTransplant said:

cone said:

I didn't make the virus

the Chinese did, complain to them

The problem isn't just the virus. It's as how we as a collective society have reacted to it - giving very little consideration to actual scientific data and instead basing major decisions on emotions and feelings and anecdotes.

That's not China's fault.

They knew how western society would react. Don't kid yourself. They played us. And we fell for it hook, line and sinker.

ETA To clarify, I'm not saying they released the virus on purpose. No conspiracy theory or anything like that. But once they realized it was a problem, they probably had a good idea how this could play out. And then the politics took over and they had no issue with the chaos that ensued.
Panama Red
AG
How'd they know we'd shut down our economy? Never did before

Either way, F em.
Agz_2003
AG
Quote:

Either way, F em.

Half of the dems are in bed with China. See Diana Feinstein for example.
59 South
AG
Panama Red said:

Either way, F em.

Don't underestimate political posturing with a side of peer pressure from western allies, in Europe especially.

Y'all really don't think Boris Johnson called Trump from the ICU and said "F this sh*t is for real"? If not your head is in the sand.
aTm2004
AG
I've read her emails and she seems to be pro opening. Hopefully they do.
Panama Red
AG
I don't understand how Boris Johnson calling Trump when he was sick means China knew we'd shut down our economy.
XpressAg09
AG
A negative slope is not a flat curve.

2 more weeks and we'll see.
XpressAg09
AG
I would imagine "long term" damage takes longer to develop than 3 months. So these "latest and greatest findings" are incredibly premature.
59 South
AG
Not that simple. They played the odds and let things play out how they have if you will. The polarized politics and media handling of things took care of that. Election year, "divided" country, etc. This was all so predictable.
schmendeler
AG
XpressAg09 said:

I would imagine "long term" damage takes longer to develop than 3 months. So these "latest and greatest findings" are incredibly premature.

If you stare at the sun you'll have "long term" damage to your eyes a lot quicker than 3 months.
cone
AG
good point
Stat Monitor Repairman
Panama Red said:

Either way, F em.
They control the media and knew that the media can get fat gullible Americans to do pretty much anything ... like sacrifice their businesses, fight each other for not walking around in face diapers and incite race riots.

We are a bunch of suckers. The curtain has been ripped back and we are a senile old man behind the controls.

TXTransplant
XpressAg09 said:

If I understand correctly, the heart doesn't have the ability to repair itself like some other organs can. Heart damage often results in the formation of scar tissue. So, detecting heart damage now probably does mean it's long term/permanent.

Edit: didn't mean to add the ! Symbol.
Panama Red
AG
It was so "predictable" that we'd close bars for months? Tell 1/2 the country they couldn't leave the house? Force kids to school on the Internet? Sorry, not buying that.

This was about the least predictable thing that's happened in my lifetime.
59 South
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Panama Red said:

Either way, F em.
They control the media and knew that the media can get fat gullible Americans to do pretty much anything ... like sacrifice their businesses, fight each other for not walking around in face diapers and incite race riots.

We are a bunch of suckers. The curtain has been ripped back and we are a senile old man behind the controls.

This more or less, not sure I'd word it this way but can't say I disagree. We Americans seem to think we are god's chosen people, and due to not knowing anything outside of first world freedoms, all of us who come in all colors and all genders think we are all something special and have all the answers. We also simultaneously think we are somehow persecuted just because we really don't know what it's like to really have a sucky life. So we make kinda bad things out to be way worse than they are cause that makes us feel better about ourselves. Make sense? Nah, cause it doesn't. But that's America b*tches. And that's true of whites, blacks, Latinos, men, women, and children and everything in between.
59 South
AG
I think you're underestimating "desperation politics" to get an incumbent president out. They were literally looking for anything, literally anything, to grasp onto to get him out. And I'm nowhere near a Trump supporter tbh. The desperate left I've noticed over the past couple of years is something to behold. I mean the anger has been greater than the white supremacists had against Obama imo.
Panama Red
AG
You've completely changed what the discussion is. I asked how China knew we'd crash our economy like this. I haven't gotten an answer in that yet.

I know the democrats are desperate to get Trump out any way possible. Calling what ended up happening predictable is just extremely far-fetched in my opinion. This has been unprecedented. No one, and I mean no one, predicted anything remotely close to this back in first week of March.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The hysteria has far exceeded anything I imagined in early March. Back then I was more concerned about the economic consequences of shutting down businesses and massive job losses. I don't think we are close to realizing the full impact of those two factors. From what I can tell it hasn't really hit hard yet.

I was predicting major economic damage. The civil unrest and general insanity is icing on the cake.
XpressAg09
AG
I interpreted it as "years from now you'll have damage." And we'd have to wait years before we know that.
FarmerJohn
AG
China didn't slow play this because they wanted to screw over the U.S. China slow played this because the local officials were afraid. 2020 was the final year of a 10 year plan to double GDP and household income. Thanks to the law of diminishing returns, that was going to require 5.5-6% growth in 2020. Very tough but not impossible over there. But any hiccup, much less a pandemic and you are the person blamed for not meeting the national goal. That's a career limiting move, to understate it a bit.

So weird illnesses in October happen but no one is going to look too much closely. It's not until late December that some physicians ask some unapproved questions. The officials try to silence them, but the genie is out of the bottle. By Chinese New Year it's no longer possible to control and shutdowns begin, but not locally at first because again, you don't want to take the lead on not meeting the party's goals.
redag06
redag06 said:

***en(guess they super's name is censored) absolutely wants to open the schools back up, there is a board meeting on Monday to determine if it will happen or not.
MAS444
AG
Panama as a voice of reason is one of the least predictable things I've seen on this board.
Panama Red
AG
My birthday gift to you.
Hope it was a good one (and glad you are alive after not wearing a mask on vacation)
AgsMyDude
AG
Quote:

a person whose had two positive tests as two positive Covid cases.

I guess homie has nothing to back up. Crickets only.
htxag09
AG
Haha, just did a quick google search on this as i as curious because I've heard it through social media, Texags, etc. Literally every article said they don't, only first time positive tests count as new cases....except one, Laura Ingram on Fox News. She's been proven an absolute joke throughout this, i really wish people would stop taking what she says as gospel.
Nitro Power
AG
I know for a fact a lady was tested multiple times and every single one counted as a new case. 5 in total...
htxag09
AG
Nitro Power said:

I know for a fact a lady was tested multiple times and every single one counted as a new case. 5 in total...

How do you know that? They send a note with your positive saying "Congrats you're a new positive case in our stats!" I mean, is it possible that people are messing up record keeping and it's happening, absolutely. Governments can and will mess up anything.

But when states are coming out saying the record keeping is not based on this, and when doctors are coming out saying they are only submitting new positives and new cases, I'm going to tend to believe them over the random people on the internet stating the opposite.
MAS444
AG
Thanks. Vacation was great but I haven't been able to taste my food lately for some reason.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The media and politicians scammed all these morons into rushing out to get tested when they have no symptoms. Played right into their hands.

First it was not enough tests ... they hammered that for weeks. Now that there are tests ... surprise, surprise everybody got covid.

I suspect the tests have been bad from the beginning, high error rate and fudged numbers.
AgsMyDude
AG
Nitro Power said:

First Page Last Page
Page 226 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.