Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,748 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cone said:

twitter is just poison

the worst aspect of modern life
Nah.
BohunkAg
AG
Keegan99 said:

Remember when no one had any clue about Johnny Carson's politics?
I say that all the time. There's a reason Carson was on top for so long.
Jackal99
AG
schmendeler said:

Jackal99 said:

BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Jet Black said:

His comment on protestors vs the convention made me lol
I have been staying away from the news, what were the comments?
Same. Taking a break from news and twitter has been therapeutic
Me too. Comedians who used to tweet funny stuff now just like and retweet woke, SJW tweets and flood my timeline. It started taking 5 minutes of scrolling to get to anything remotely positive, or even only mildly infuriating, so I quit.

I started re-reading Game of Thrones books instead. Second reading has so many hints and forecasts that were confusing and meaningless to me the first read. Now it is awesome to see how they fit into the full story.
That sh-t started when Colbert took over for Letterman......it's really an ass whipping.
It started with Letterman before he even left. He got bitter and unfunny towards the end. The Daily Show was funny when Craig Kilborn was the host, then that assclown Colbert took over and turned it into a political rant. Then he got the Letterman gig. Then it really all went to ***** **** it all.

Colbert was not the host of the Daily show.
Duh. That's right. It was that asshat Jon Stewart. They all run together in my mind.
BohunkAg
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Jackal99 said:

BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Jet Black said:

Me too. Comedians who used to tweet funny stuff now just like and retweet woke, SJW tweets and flood my timeline. It started taking 5 minutes of scrolling to get to anything remotely positive, or even only mildly infuriating, so I quit.

I started re-reading Game of Thrones books instead. Second reading has so many hints and forecasts that were confusing and meaningless to me the first read. Now it is awesome to see how they fit into the full story.
That sh-t started when Colbert took over for Letterman......it's really an ass whipping.
It started with Letterman before he even left. He got bitter and unfunny towards the end. The Daily Show was funny when Craig Kilborn was the host, then that assclown Colbert took over and turned it into a political rant. Then he got the Letterman gig. Then it really all went to ***** **** it all.
And yet Colbert leads the late night ratings. I know thats not as important as it used to be since there are a million other options at your fingertips.
He leads late night network talk show ratings.....Greg Gutfield was beating them all when I last checked lol.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/495796-foxs-greg-gutfeld-show-tops-colbert-fallon-kimmel-in-late-night-ratings-race
cajunaggie08
AG
BohunkAg said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Jackal99 said:

BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Jet Black said:

And yet Colbert leads the late night ratings. I know thats not as important as it used to be since there are a million other options at your fingertips.
He leads late night network talk show ratings.....Greg Gutfield was beating them all when I last checked lol.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/495796-foxs-greg-gutfeld-show-tops-colbert-fallon-kimmel-in-late-night-ratings-race
His show is a weekly saturday night show. His ratings are higher but its not exactly apples to apples.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
All 3 of the late night shows are awful. Even worse from their homes. Not even close to a chuckle from any of them. Almost Astros time!
LostInLA07
AG
Case growth trending up again. Hopefully today is just a catch up.

texagbeliever
How can growth be up, bars are closed, everyone is wearing masks and absolutely no fun is taking place
Ag_07
AG
IT fixed that computer glitch. We're back on track now
cone
AG
yeah
Bassmaster
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

So let me get this straight. For the past few weeks many of yall have been blaming the spike in numbers for both positive cases and hospitalizations on the protests. So you are saying that a large gathering of people is bad news for spreading this and are mad that the city didnt do more to stop it. Well now the city is stopping a large gathering and you are still pissed. Even the governors order bans gatherings of more than 10 if its a protest but a convention was going to be ok? With no elected officials being brave enough to attend, it was just going to be a room of people crammed together watching video streams.

As hypocritical as it was for local leadership to essentially turn a blind eye to the covid risks from the protests and funeral, there was no way they could stop it from happening without going full-on chinese government hong kong suppression.
It is not that the city didn't stop it, it is that Sly and his ilk were front and center and downright promoted/celebrated the protests and funeral.
aTm2004
AG
This. Local politicians out being involved and promoting it during a "pandemic" is what pisses people off. They're picking and choosing which political thoughts get to be promoted and using fear of a virus as their justification.
Bondag
AG
Bassmaster said:

cajunaggie08 said:

So let me get this straight. For the past few weeks many of yall have been blaming the spike in numbers for both positive cases and hospitalizations on the protests. So you are saying that a large gathering of people is bad news for spreading this and are mad that the city didnt do more to stop it. Well now the city is stopping a large gathering and you are still pissed. Even the governors order bans gatherings of more than 10 if its a protest but a convention was going to be ok? With no elected officials being brave enough to attend, it was just going to be a room of people crammed together watching video streams.

As hypocritical as it was for local leadership to essentially turn a blind eye to the covid risks from the protests and funeral, there was no way they could stop it from happening without going full-on chinese government hong kong suppression.
It is not that the city didn't stop it, it is that Sly and his ilk were front and center and downright promoted/celebrated the protests and funeral.
Saw a guy on facebook that posted pictures on himself at the rally for George Floyd and again for Vanessa Guillen on July 4 is now on day 9 of quarantine waiting for his COVID test results. It is Donald Trumps fault he has been in quarantine for 9 days and that the results are taking too long. Everyone needs to stay at home. I also don't think he knows what quarantine means.
kapon
AG
HtownAg92 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Jet Black said:

Me too.

Have you seen thread?
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3087065
Jet Black
cone said:

twitter is just poison

the worst aspect of modern life

We actually agree about quite a bit. Surprised.
agz win
AG
Letterman in his prime and Craig Ferguson. Everyone else can't hold their water.
cone
AG
i'm pretty heterodox
wessimo
AG
More cases than yesterday but still way down from last week.

Stat Monitor Repairman
That settles it. Schools should remain closed.

If even one life can be saved!
Bondag
AG
Quote:

While the five newly-reported deaths had underling health conditions, this virus can be deadly to anyone.
Keegan99
AG

Quote:

While the five newly-reported deaths had underling health conditions, this virus can be deadly to anyone.

No.

To even loosely imply that risk is uniformly distributed throughout the population is a damn lie.
Bondag
AG
Trying to sort through twitter to see if anyone in Houston has died from covid this month and found this.

We are supposed to stay at home and Turner has a photo op with Reliant. Wonder how much he got paid for that one? Turner can't turn down a payday due to covid, but hourly workers at restaurants, bars, and small businesses won't get one this week.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
gougler08
AG
I feel like 65 deaths in a county of over 2MM people isn't a big deal right?
schmendeler
AG
gougler08 said:

relative to what?
Daddy-O5
AG
gougler08 said:

I miss something? Almost 5 million in Harris county now.
AgsMyDude
AG
Keegan99 said:

Quote:

No.

To even loosely imply that risk is uniformly distributed throughout the population is a damn lie.

I didn't get that implication. It can be deadly to anyone.
htxag09
AG
Of all the things to get upset about, don't think this is one. Reliant donated air conditioner units for people without them. You don't expect them to get some publicity?
Bondag
AG
htxag09 said:

Of all the things to get upset about, don't think this is one. Reliant donated air conditioner units for people without them. You don't expect them to get some publicity?

What was essential about them being in the same room as Sylvester? Could they give a free A/C to everyone in Houston if they don't have a photo op?

It is just hypocrisy.
gougler08
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

gougler08 said:

I miss something? Almost 5 million in Harris county now.

I was just guessing at the number but makes my point even more
lne2011
AG
Bondag said:

Trying to sort through twitter to see if anyone in Houston has died from covid this month and found this.

We are supposed to stay at home and Turner has a photo op with Reliant. Wonder how much he got paid for that one? Turner can't turn down a payday due to covid, but hourly workers at restaurants, bars, and small businesses won't get one this week.

They're all wearing masks, no chance of spreading the virus.
Stat Monitor Repairman
God, make it stop.
Fitch
AG
Statewide Summaries

Metro Area Breakouts

Fatalities

Statewide Hospitalizations

Houston-Area Hospitalizations

Testing

JYDog90
AG
Bondag said:

htxag09 said:

What was essential about them being in the same room as Sylvester? Could they give a free A/C to everyone in Houston if they don't have a photo op?

It is just hypocrisy.

I think this is not worth complaining about.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 191 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.