Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,504,584 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
TarponChaser
Panama Red said:

I think the best part of COVID-19 has been do you giant decrease in number of "best dry cleaners in this neighborhood?" threads
I haven't worn long pants since we got back from Colorado on March 16. Maybe worn a collared shirt 5 times in that same timeframe.
FHKChE07
AG
I actually asked my manager on a team meeting that since we have discovered that everyone is still productive when they wear shorts and t-shirts if it was appropriate when we go back to the office. The response was they were going to move me away from clients. I take that as a win.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Oddly enough, as our dress code allows it, one of the things
I miss the most is wearing my pearl snaps. I like working at home, but I also like my coworkers and kinda miss seeing them too.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Ronnie said:

Have students submit questions on the side or in the messenger during the meeting, not a free for all of interruptions. Mute all speakers except the teacher. Teacher reviews questions at the end and answers what they can. Get with others off line if they didn't get answer or still don't understand.

This was pretty much how my seminar today was done. It made the Q&A portions much, much more orderly and confined them to budgeted Q&A periods. Only downside was some connectivity problems on the panelist side ate up most of the saved time. But we still finished a little quicker than usual.
terradactylexpress
Frankly I'm surprised it took them this long
Dr. Doctor
AG
FHKChE07 said:

I actually asked my manager on a team meeting that since we have discovered that everyone is still productive when they wear shorts and t-shirts if it was appropriate when we go back to the office. The response was they were going to move me away from clients. I take that as a win.

I can't believe they put you in front of clients!

~egon
David_Puddy
AG
With the GOP convention canceled Here I'm betting the silent majority shows up in bigger #s than they did in November of 2016
Ag_07
AG
So let me get this straight...

Drastic increase - Lock it down, mask up, cancel everything
Drastic decrease - It's a computer glitch
Jackal99
AG
Ag_07 said:

They'll probably fix the glitch. Give them two weeks.
AeroAg1
AG
Ag_07 said:

Early this week they had to lump a couple days together to make a big scary number appear.
cajunaggie08
AG
So let me get this straight. For the past few weeks many of yall have been blaming the spike in numbers for both positive cases and hospitalizations on the protests. So you are saying that a large gathering of people is bad news for spreading this and are mad that the city didnt do more to stop it. Well now the city is stopping a large gathering and you are still pissed. Even the governors order bans gatherings of more than 10 if its a protest but a convention was going to be ok? With no elected officials being brave enough to attend, it was just going to be a room of people crammed together watching video streams.

As hypocritical as it was for local leadership to essentially turn a blind eye to the covid risks from the protests and funeral, there was no way they could stop it from happening without going full-on chinese government hong kong suppression.
SirLurksALot
The point is that nothing should be shutdown or canceled. Covid is a mild Illness and we need to start treating it the same way we do every other mild Illness.
cone
AG
so you're saying that if people want to ignore the government's orders on public health, they just have to show up in sufficient numbers

good to know
htxag09
AG
Well scrolling through social media the last couple days it appears teachers are once again flooding it with poor me posts.
Ag_07
AG
Sly's decision has nothing to do with the virus. It's a political power move.

He can stand up there and virtue signal about super spreader events this and that and doing the right thing by the staff that would work the convention (including his deceased momma who was a hotel staffer) but anyone can see by his actions this was a political stunt.

If he wanted to go all in and cancel then go all in and tell everyone how we learned our lesson the hard way when the protests weren't cancelled and we don't want another spike, but again it's not about spikes and number of cases.
BohunkAg
AG
Could be worse....Waco mayor sending police after non mask wearers lol

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/14th-covid-19-death-reported-in-mclennan-county/500-a06fecdd-3afa-47f9-a627-f9c82490dcd4
Nitro Power
AG
cone said:

so you're saying that if people want to ignore the government's orders on public health, they just have to show up in sufficient numbers

good to know
I am just buffaloed by your stances. While I agree here, I still cannot tell which side you are on. If you are on the fence, come on over to the good guys side.
Nitro Power
AG
Ag_07 said:

Sly's decision has nothing to do with the virus. It's a political power move.

He can stand up there and virtue signal about super spreader events this and that and doing the right thing by the staff that would work the convention (including his deceased momma who was a hotel staffer) but anyone can see by his actions this was a political stunt.

If he wanted to go all in and cancel then go all in and tell everyone how we learned our lesson the hard way when the protests weren't cancelled and we don't want another spike, but again it's not about spikes and number of cases.
I wish Trump would give him a big FU and have a rally...at NRG Stadium. On consecutive days...for a week.
gougler08
AG
Nitro Power said:

cone said:

good to know
I am just buffaloed by your stances. While I agree here, I still cannot tell which side you are on. If you are on the fence, come on over to the good guys side.
cone does seem to play both sides on this thread, I'm thoroughly confused
Jet Black
His comment on protestors vs the convention made me lol
cone
AG
hypothetical

something ****ed up happens in some far flung hinterland and we get a fresh round of protests

same fair catch as before?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Jet Black said:

I have been staying away from the news, what were the comments?
Jackal99
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Jet Black said:

So have I, but I'll take a guess.

Protests, good.
Convention, bad.
CFTXAG10
AG

Jet Black said:

Same. Taking a break from news and twitter has been therapeutic
Jet Black
Jackal99 said:

Jet Black said:

So have I, but I'll take a guess.

Protests, good.
Convention, bad.

Pretty much
Jet Black

Jet Black said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc13.com/amp/houston-gop-convention-mayor-looks-to-cancel-repubican-turner/6307514/
HtownAg92
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Jet Black said:

Me too. Comedians who used to tweet funny stuff now just like and retweet woke, SJW tweets and flood my timeline. It started taking 5 minutes of scrolling to get to anything remotely positive, or even only mildly infuriating, so I quit.

I started re-reading Game of Thrones books instead. Second reading has so many hints and forecasts that were confusing and meaningless to me the first read. Now it is awesome to see how they fit into the full story.
Jet Black
Don't blame anyone for taking a break. It's exhausting and demoralizing.
BohunkAg
AG
HtownAg92 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Jet Black said:

Me too. Comedians who used to tweet funny stuff now just like and retweet woke, SJW tweets and flood my timeline. It started taking 5 minutes of scrolling to get to anything remotely positive, or even only mildly infuriating, so I quit.

I started re-reading Game of Thrones books instead. Second reading has so many hints and forecasts that were confusing and meaningless to me the first read. Now it is awesome to see how they fit into the full story.
That sh-t started when Colbert took over for Letterman......it's really an ass whipping.
Jackal99
AG
BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Jet Black said:

That sh-t started when Colbert took over for Letterman......it's really an ass whipping.
It started with Letterman before he even left. He got bitter and unfunny towards the end. The Daily Show was funny when Craig Kilborn was the host, then that assclown Colbert took over and turned it into a political rant. Then he got the Letterman gig. Then it really all went to ***** **** it all.
Keegan99
AG
Remember when no one had any clue about Johnny Carson's politics?
schmendeler
AG
Jackal99 said:

BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Jet Black said:

It started with Letterman before he even left. He got bitter and unfunny towards the end. The Daily Show was funny when Craig Kilborn was the host, then that assclown Colbert took over and turned it into a political rant. Then he got the Letterman gig. Then it really all went to ***** **** it all.

Colbert was not the host of the Daily show.
cajunaggie08
AG
Jackal99 said:

BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Jet Black said:

And yet Colbert leads the late night ratings. I know thats not as important as it used to be since there are a million other options at your fingertips.
cone
AG
twitter is just poison

the worst aspect of modern life
First Page Last Page
Page 190 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.