Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,744 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
BarryProfit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jayelbee said:

What we're all of the Staff edits for? Are we not allowed to call the governor Wheels anymore?

Don't know about staff but maybe common decency would suggest you should not?
gougler08
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Frankly not shocking. Much of what has been said here.

More people getting tested equals more cases. People now are getting tested that never would have two month ago due to test capacity reasons. They aren't getting tested because they're sick like in March/April. They have to get tested for work or they're just curious.

Hospitalizations are there less time because the cases aren't nearly as bad because these people are younger. Older people were hit hard back in March/April and were in hospitals longer. Back in March/April there were probably a **** ton of younger folks that wold have tested positive for COVID but wouldn't have been able to get tested because they didn't have symptoms.

And the hospitals have a backlog of people that couldn't get care in March/April because they shut that stuff down so it created a backlog and the "COVID" number is going up because they're testing everyone and likely grouping them there whether they have COVID related issues or other medical problems that they are actually being treated for.
This has been confirmed right? Go in for knee surgery but have very mild/asymptomatic COVID and you're now a COVID hospitalization
Panama Red
AG
I don't think any hospital in med center is doing Elective surgery on positive patients. Have you seen differently?

I do know some of the numbers, but don't know the amount, are attributable to trauma admissions (such as car wreck) having coronavirus and that counts as a "corona bed."
gougler08
AG
Panama Red said:

I don't think any hospital in med center is doing Elective surgery on positive patients. Have you seen differently?

I do know some of the numbers, but don't know the amount, are attributable to trauma admissions (such as car wreck) having coronavirus and that counts as a "corona bed."

Not med center, but surrounding counties still can I believe...I'd have to dig back through the thread but there was some info around any positive COVID test at the hospital for any reason counts as a COVID hospitalization in the numbers, which is fine, but also attributes to the very mild cases we continue to hear about
Ag_07
AG
How's that fine?

It skews the numbers pretty heavily.
gougler08
AG
Ag_07 said:

How's that fine?

It skews the numbers pretty heavily.
I don't agree with it but assuming all are doing it the same way, then so be it. The issue I have is that the media doesn't point any of this out and just uses high numbers to fear monger

It's also ridiculous to count deaths from 4-6 weeks ago on today's number but it's what we have.
gougler08
AG
aTm2004 said:

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/texas-government-counting-every-covid-positive-hospital-case

Quote:

Lindsey Rosales, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of State Health Services, confirmed to Just the News this week that the state is categorizing every inpatient in the state with a positive COVID-19 test as a COVID-19 hospitalization.

"The number of hospitalized patients includes patients with a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 even if the person is admitted to the hospital for a different reason," Rosales said.
At a virtual press conference on Thursday, the chief executives of Houston Methodist, Memorial Hermann Health System, St. Luke's Health, and Texas Children's hospitals stated that their hospitals are well-prepared to handle an even greater increase in patients than that which has emerged over the past few weeks.

The number of hospitalizations are "being misinterpreted," said Houston Methodist CEO Marc Boom, "and, quite frankly, we're concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now."

"We do have the capacity to care for many more patients, and have lots of fluidity and ability to manage," Boom said.

He pointed out that his hospital one year ago was at 95% ICU capacity, similar to the numbers the hospital is seeing today. "It is completely normal for us to have ICU capacities that run in the 80s and 90s," he said. "That's how all hospitals operate."

Bumping
swimmerbabe11
BarryProfit said:

jayelbee said:

What we're all of the Staff edits for? Are we not allowed to call the governor Wheels anymore?

no, no, how will you prove you are superior to someone else if you don't give them a denigrating nickname based on physical attributes?
swimmerbabe11
SIAP

cajunaggie08
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

BarryProfit said:

jayelbee said:

no, no, how will you prove you are superior to someone else if you don't give them a denigrating nickname based on physical attributes?
But it looks like we still can prove we are superior to someone else by giving them a denigrating nickname based on ethnic background.
cone
AG
this thread sucks
Silky Johnston
No, if you test positive for COVID you are NOT getting your surgery. Each hospital in the Med Center has a policy about cancelling surgeries for COVID positives. People are just talking out of their ass about this point.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
No hospital will perform an elective surgery on someone with an illness, be it COVID or the common cold.
YellAg2004
AG
Silky Johnston said:

No, if you test positive for COVID you are NOT getting your surgery. Each hospital in the Med Center has a policy about cancelling surgeries for COVID positives. People are just talking out of their ass about this point.
This. My mom had an "elective" surgery at MDA in May, and she had to go in 2 days before and have a COVID test. If she had tested positive, the surgery would have been cancelled. I think the trauma patients that also happen to be positive are a better example.
CowtownAg06
AG
Similar for my dad in Fort Worth. I'm sure there are some people showing up with trauma we are now catching, but not that many. Also, his elective surgery did take an ICU for about 2 days.
Fitch
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Silky Johnston said:

This. My mom had an "elective" surgery at MDA in May, and she had to go in 2 days before and have a COVID test. If she had tested positive, the surgery would have been cancelled. I think the trauma patients that also happen to be positive are a better example.
My grandmother had the same situation a few weeks back (McKinney area).

I tend to think the prevalence of people going to the hospital and *surprise* testing positive once they're already there isn't that material to the overall headcount given the procedures in place to specifically avoid that.
jetch17
AG
Beaches closed for holiday weekend
Post removed:
by user
Ags #1
AG
****!!!!!! Saw they may close some of them thru the rest of the summer
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
ridiculous
TexasAggie008
AG
Increase police funding to help enforce covid rules
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Just waiting for them to try to close the parks again. Ass holes.
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
We're headed to Port Aransas Friday for a week, but weren't planning to beach til next week due to the sh*tshow - now they've closed the beaches to vehicles and imposed curfew and all the heehaws are cryin pretty hard.

Glad we like the house we're staying at and can just deck drink and chill til some stuff loosens up after the holiday
Nitro Power
AG
Shyster Turner is such a piece of ***** That son of a ***** was just talking about how what happens this weekend is critical. However when the rioters...errr protesters were out, he didn't say a ****ing thing. Time to go on about life and keep appealing punishment. If they get bombarded with appeals, they will have no choice but to start dropping charges.
cone
AG
the protest fair catch makes this so ****ing galling

we're led by clowns. this is clown world.
MAS444
AG
We'll be there too at Cinnamon Shore. No vehicles/golf carts sucks as it's a long walk over the bridge to the beach...but we'll probably survive.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
Supposed to be fireworks in Kemah on Saturday (or so I was told - can't find anything online). Any word if that's been cancelled?

Webster, Nassau Bay, and League City have already cancelled their displays.

Edited to add - I finally found an article saying the Kemah display is cancelled, too.

The Woodlands says they will still have a show, if anyone is interested. Details below.

https://www.woodlandsonline.com/npps/story.cfm?nppage=67104

Quote:

Around the Township
Township to Present "Drive-In" and Online Fireworks Show to Celebrate America's Birthday
The Woodlands Fourth of July celebration will take a different look this year due to COVID-19 pandemic, but the fireworks of celebration will continue the tradition of America's birthday.

The Woodlands Township will offer a "drive-in" and online fireworks display, presented by St. Luke's Health - The Woodlands Hospital, on Saturday, July 4, 2020. Watch the fireworks show online from the comfort of your home! The show will be streamed live on The Woodlands Township website at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov and www.woodlandsonline.com

The 18-minute show will be launched from the campus of Lone Star College - Montgomery at approximately 9:30 p.m. and will be simulcast on KSTAR Country 99.7 FM with live coverage on The Woodlands Township's website and Woodlands Online. To listen to the soundtrack live, spectators can download the KSTAR app by searching "KSTAR Country Radio" in the App Store or on Google Play.

Due to COVID-19, the festival locations of The Woodlands Fourth of July activities have been cancelled due to mass gatherings.
TX04Aggie
AG
Glad we are daytripping tomorrow to the beach, hopefully not with everyone else beating the closure. This is just dumb.
ChampagneAg
AG
You know if y'all just wore a mask and chilled out for a couple weeks we could get past this thing and we all move along with our lives. There will be more summers, more vacations, more holidays, etc. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, you know.
cone
AG
so the beach is where you catch the itis?
ChampagneAg
AG
huh?
Nitro Power
AG
ChampagneAg said:

You know if y'all just wore a mask and chilled out for a couple weeks we could get past this thing and we all move along with our lives. There will be more summers, more vacations, more holidays, etc. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, you know.

Flagged for trolling
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.