Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,421 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i imagine Lina would like to shut down parks for the 4th just like they did for Easter
wessimo
AG
Huge drop in the number of new cases today and no new deaths reported.

schmendeler
AG
wessimo said:

Huge drop in the number of new cases today and no new deaths reported.

great news
BarryProfit
wessimo
AG
Not so good news: set a new record for hospitalizations yesterday.

schmendeler
AG
wessimo said:

Not so good news: set a new record for hospitalizations yesterday.

i'd like to see this as a stacked bar graph with age groups broken out. that would be interesting.
RK
AG
Do they break down patients admitted because of Covid symptoms vs patients admitted for other reasons who happened to test positive? That and age, as mentioned above, would help add some context. Hopefully it's younger or mild/asymptomatic folks raising the bar.
HtownAg92
AG
I'd also like to see it presented as a net - XX new COVID hospitalizations and XX COVID recovered discharges for a +XX for the day.
Jock 07
AG
Are antibody tests included in the positive numbers?
TX04Aggie
AG
Yeah, if wheels lets Houston/Harris shut down, I am leaving town for somewhere else during that time. Im not hanging in my house another month especially now that swamp season has arrived which limits all the outdoor fun that was had the first time around.
Post removed:
by user
CowtownAg06
AG
You can find that at county level here.
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjU5MzU4NjAtZWJjMC00MTllLTkwYjYtMzE4ODY1YjAyMGU2IiwidCI6ImI3MjgwODdjLTgwZTgtNGQzMS04YjZmLTdlMGUzYmUxMGUwOCIsImMiOjN9
rononeill
also - if someone is in for a stroke AND has covid its a COVID case and it goes against the COVID ICU allocation, but it seems like that should be offset with a ghosted traditional ICU occupant
Fitch
AG
Day-over-day 17% increase in the Houston TSA region. Beats out the statewide D-o-D increase of ~10%.

Harris County didn't pop as much (5%), so it's probably coming from the surrounding counties. Lots of room to run still.

Galveston County looks a little weird, but they're probably kicking overflow over to the general ward, which seems correlated with compression in the ICU.

aTm2004
AG
We did that last week and went to the wife's family's farm in Iowa. 3,000+ acres of normalcy. We've talked about staying another week.

Teddy Perkins
AG
JYDog90
AG
aTm2004 said:

We did that last week and went to the wife's family's farm in Iowa. 3,000+ acres of normalcy. We've talked about staying another week.

Where do the old baseball players walk out of the cornfield to play with Ray?
Formerly Willy Wonka
BarryProfit
This differs from what I've heard from my neighbor who is an ICU doc in the med center. But it's probably been three or four days since I've spoken to him.
BarryProfit
Thumbs down was not intentional.
Teddy Perkins
AG
spadilly
S
This seems less than ideal:

Post removed:
by user
n_touch
spadilly said:

This seems less than ideal:

Party in Kemah tonight?
jswags
AG
We can always rely on wessimo to be the bearer of bad news.
Ag_07
AG
What the hell is the deal with quarantining after a possible exposure? When did that start becoming a thing?

It used to be self quarantine if you were having symptoms. Now it's self quarantine if you come into contact with someone who MAYBE has it?

Hell there's a possible exposure for anyone who goes to HEB to get groceries.
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
your mileage is going to vary when only 4% of people getting the bug get hospitalized

urgent cares and the like are seeing the majority of the cases and they are flu like
AgsMyDude
AG
It was always that way.
Ag_07
AG
jayelbee said:

If you were in close contact with someone that was confirmed positive, you are supposed to quarantine.

That's an exposure. I'm talking about this BS about possible exposures.

Like I said there's a possible exposure anytime anyone is in public.

Oh shlt...Went to HEB to get groceries. Possibly came into contact with someone who has it. Time to lock it down for 2 weeks.

It's moving the goalposts.
aTm2004
AG
NE side of the property. Just to the left of the obscure cemetery I just learned was on the property. Me, the wife, BIL, and some brown water hopped on the four wheelers and went out to visit it. Pretty creepy. It's not their family, but some of the headstones you can still make out are of union soldiers. Pretty cool.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Ag_07 said:

jayelbee said:

If you were in close contact with someone that was confirmed positive, you are supposed to quarantine.

Oh shlt...Went to HEB to get groceries. Possibly came into contact with someone who has it. Time to lock it down for 2 weeks.

Just lock it down for two months, please. Can't take any chances.
Ag_07
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Ag_07 said:

jayelbee said:

Just lock it down for two months more weeks, please. Can't take any chances.

FIFY
tylercsbn9
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Frankly not shocking. Much of what has been said here.

More people getting tested equals more cases. People now are getting tested that never would have two month ago due to test capacity reasons. They aren't getting tested because they're sick like in March/April. They have to get tested for work or they're just curious.

Hospitalizations are there less time because the cases aren't nearly as bad because these people are younger. Older people were hit hard back in March/April and were in hospitals longer. Back in March/April there were probably a **** ton of younger folks that wold have tested positive for COVID but wouldn't have been able to get tested because they didn't have symptoms.

And the hospitals have a backlog of people that couldn't get care in March/April because they shut that stuff down so it created a backlog and the "COVID" number is going up because they're testing everyone and likely grouping them there whether they have COVID related issues or other medical problems that they are actually being treated for.
wessimo
AG
Whatever man, I post good news and bad. If the bad upsets you maybe stay off this thread until we get past the peak... hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.
First Page Last Page
Page 175 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.