Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,375 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
BarryProfit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SoupNazi2001 said:

BarryProfit said:

aTm2004 said:

Panama Red said:

Quote:

LOL someone is triggered.

He roll over & kiss you for rushing to his rescue?

Abbott is wrong to close bars in my opinion, but it wasn't spineless. He's putting his political life on the line.

Not calling out the protestors is spineless.
To me, he is spineless to go back to closing things rather than keep things where they currently are. If anyone gives him any grief, point to the protests happening 2 weeks ago and tell them you're giving it more time. Make policing bars/restaurants adherence to the guidelines a priority, and if need be, implement strict fines/punishment for those out of compliance. But don't tell bar owners they have to shut back down just after re-opening and feeling they survived.

Have you considered that he's looking at data you aren't? I suspect whatever he's seeing suggests he doesn't have "more time" to let things work out. He knows taking this action puts him at odds with cheerleaders like yourself. It's a reversal that can only mean the situation has deteriorated significantly.

You think he has data others don't when the Houston Hospital CEOs immediately came out and discredited the panic on hospitalization capacity.

Of course the governor has access to data that others don't, or at least he has access to it before others do.

We already talked about the hospitals, that was like two pages ago you gotta keep up!
Post removed:
by user
XpressAg09
AG
What is the link to this data? I'd like to keep an eye on it.
XpressAg09
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

we are all watching around a cell phone.
Is your cell phone six feet wide?
corndog04
AG
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/

You can get to their dashboard from there, or get the raw data as an excel format if you want to do your own analysis.
BohunkAg
AG
NO RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE....ANY OF YOU

jetch17
AG
F her.
Gap
AG
Time for these tyrants to resign. Here is Chief Art Acevedo at a protest on June 2, 2020:

Seabreeze
Attention ***** level 10+
Betoisafurry
[Clean up your act. - Staff]
Gap
AG
Suppress law abiding citizens. Fine businesses out of existence.

But don't use the power of the state when it meets their political objectives with 60,000 people in the streets shoulder to shoulder.
bearkatag15
AG
rhoswen
AG
So depression, suicide, hunger, unemployment, pain, illness, the permanent closing of small businesses is NOT collateral damage?

If it saves just one life, right?

God I hate that woman.
Betoisafurry
nm
Post removed:
by user
ChemAg15
AG
Exponential!
ATM9000
AG
Panama Red said:

aTm2004 said:

BowSowy said:

Spineless = doesn't do things my way, to atm2004
Don't worry, your fellow coronoabros will be by shortly to give you a pat on the back and tell you how awesome you are! They may even have a socially distanced beer with you!

Throwing in a "coronabro" is great way to ensure maximum blue stars from your internet buddies

5 of the following things makes for the generic stupidguy corona post bingo

Coronabro
Karen
Something anti-mask
Horrible half quote from a leader
A statistical cherry-pick
Posting a noname rando's Twitter insight
'Only thing that matters is deaths!'
Weak virus
Open it all up!

Am I missing any?
rhoswen
AG
I don't even care about the protests. Opening back up was absolutely going to cause an increase in cases. It always will. Shutting down again is just kicking the can down the road.

And what can we DO? I feel like all I'm doing is *****ing and arguing, which I hate, what can we do that's productive to stop these shutdowns?
CoachRTM
AG
My office was one of the first back to work downtown. (May 4) and have been worked through at least one out break of COVID in the building.

We just got told that we (anyone working in an open air area) are resuming "work from home" on Monday. Little surprised to be honest with you, but glad to be back to wearing shorts all day I guess.
Texan_Aggie
AG
rhoswen said:

I don't even care about the protests. Opening back up was absolutely going to cause an increase in cases. It always will. Shutting down again is just kicking the can down the road.

And what can we DO? I feel like all I'm doing is *****ing and arguing, which I hate, what can we do that's productive to stop these shutdowns?
Wear a mask...
Jet Black
rhoswen said:

So depression, suicide, hunger, unemployment, pain, illness, the permanent closing of small businesses is NOT collateral damage?

If it saves just one life, right?

God I hate that woman.

Homeless and broke but alive!
Jock 07
AG
cone said:

okay no problem

pandemics are ****ty

Pretty sick that you get joy out of the government shutting everything down.
Post removed:
by user
Keegan99
AG
jayelbee said:

My favorite part of COVID infection graph discussion is when people say "look at the point of inflection after [insert event based on your particular bias]".

This is biology. It isn't your checking account. There is no inflection point. It works on exponents.

Epidemic curves are not purely exponential and do have inflection points.
BQ04
AG
Real estate guy checking in here. Seems to me that a hospital ICU running at 100% occupancy is meeting the targeted demand when they designed the space.

I imagine that an ICU bed is a high margin business, so what business would want unused space not making them money?

Wouldn't a fully occupied ICU be the goal of every hospital with or without the C-19 epidemic?

IrishTxAggie
AG
Stop paying the politicians and their staff and I bet this **** stops with the shutdown...All "non-essential" government employees should be furloughed right now and any still employed should be at 1/2 pay.
Jet Black
Jerks it to covid charts 24/7
schmendeler
AG
i'm not sure what is dumber, not wearing a mask "because it makes no difference" when the entire medical community is begging everyone to do it, or thinking that the government in a state that gets a large chunk of its revenue from sales tax wants the economy shut down.
Chipotlemonger
AG
schmendeler said:

i'm not sure what is dumber, not wearing a mask "because it makes no difference" when the entire medical community is begging everyone to do it, or thinking that the government in a state that gets a large chunk of its revenue from sales tax wants the economy shut down.
Yea there's a real lack of critical thinking going on around here.
IrishTxAggie
AG
schmendeler said:

You're assuming politicians understand economics and operating a budget that they can't run with a deficit with
RK
AG
god the internet turns people into miserable pieces of sh*t.
BohunkAg
AG
RK said:

case in point.
AgsMyDude
AG
schmendeler said:

Yup. The people in here most upset about the shutdowns are the same who refused masks as they are oppressive/inconvenience.
RK
AG
BohunkAg said:

RK said:

case in point.
i'm consistently miserable in my actual life, as well.
wessimo
AG
Or maybe just reveals their true nature?
First Page Last Page
Page 167 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.