Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,675 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what happened to that one guy that was an expert in pandemics and statistics and graphing and stuff that was all over the thread during the lock down? he was also an expert on global commodity trading during the handful of days oil was trading <$10 a barrel?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

what happened to that one guy that was an expert in pandemics and statistics and graphing and stuff that was all over the thread during the lock down? he was also an expert on global commodity trading during the handful of days oil was trading <$10 a barrel?
mfbarnes?
Betoisafurry
AgsMyDude said:

schmendeler said:

i'm not sure what is dumber, not wearing a mask "because it makes no difference" when the entire medical community is begging everyone to do it, or thinking that the government in a state that gets a large chunk of its revenue from sales tax wants the economy shut down.

Yup. The people in here most upset about the shutdowns are the same who refused masks as they are oppressive/inconvenience.
No, maybe we're upset about the hypocritical bs double standard that our local leaders are showing.
corndog04
AG
corndog04
AG
Can someone explain it like I'm 5 why Houston reports deaths so freakin late? Out of these 8 deaths, most recent was from 6/12 and majority were from May.
schmendeler
AG
corndog04 said:

Can someone explain it like I'm 5 why Houston reports deaths so freakin late? Out of these 8 deaths, most recent was from 6/12 and majority were from May.
from what i've read on reporting, this is pretty common everywhere.
Texan_Aggie
AG
corndog04 said:

If you have to ask this question, you're part of the problem!

I have no idea, my guess is it's like anything else government and extremely slow
TXTransplant
CoachRTM said:

My office was one of the first back to work downtown. (May 4) and have been worked through at least one out break of COVID in the building.

We just got told that we (anyone working in an open air area) are resuming "work from home" on Monday. Little surprised to be honest with you, but glad to be back to wearing shorts all day I guess.

I went back on June 3. Gradually, just about everyone came back over the last 3 weeks. Got told yesterday were alternating 1/2 in the office, 1/2 WFH every two weeks.

I think it more has to do with medical privacy and OSHA investigations if someone tests positive.
TXTransplant
Texan_Aggie said:

corndog04 said:

I have no idea, my guess is it's like anything else government and extremely slow

How long does it take to get an official death certificate (regardless of cause)? Maybe that's what they wait on before they count a death as COVID?
Texan_Aggie
AG
TXTransplant said:

Texan_Aggie said:

corndog04 said:

How long does it take to get an official death certificate (regardless of cause)? Maybe that's what they wait on before they count a death as COVID?
Sounds about right. Birth certificates have taken about 1.5-2 months based upon our friend group, seems in line with this timing for death certificates as well.
Teddy Perkins
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CB6Tl3LgW-9
cone
AG
our office closed again

they're doing the right thing
Teddy Perkins
AG
His pocketbook is probably thankful. Homie was at damn near every road game.
Fitch
AG
Our office just closed again and canceled all events in July . We had been 100% back on June 1.

Sort of not wanting to leave Florida now.
cone
AG
we were at about +90% productivity working at home

so going back never made total sense
Daddy-O5
AG
AgsMyDude said:

schmendeler said:

i'm not sure what is dumber, not wearing a mask "because it makes no difference" when the entire medical community is begging everyone to do it, or thinking that the government in a state that gets a large chunk of its revenue from sales tax wants the economy shut down.

Yup. The people in here most upset about the shutdowns are the same who refused masks as they are oppressive/inconvenience.
The government has no right to tell us we cannot go to work and make a living to support our families, nor do they have a right to place conditions on doing so (masks).

This isn't a for or against mask take, it's a for or against government mandate take. Whether you agree with it or not, it is very consistent.
Bigballin
AG
Just received the alert on my cell phone. The fear mongering just hit another level.
i is smart
AG
Shameless fear mongering text.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yep. Just got blasted. Using the alert for a press release is an abuse of the system.

Jock 07
AG
I'm sure those alerts were going out all during the protests & riots, right?
Post removed:
by user
andgate
You can turn them off if you want
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yeah....and people were giving me **** yesterday for being skeptical of Sly and Dora...
Bigballin
AG
Yeah, I keep the emergency alerts on so that I can be notified of a real emergency. It should not be used a propaganda medium.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
andgate said:

You can turn them off if you want

I turned off amber alerts, but we don't get many "emergency" alerts outside of hurricanes. Which is what the emergency alert system is for.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Who's to say we won't be dealing with the government opening and closing all businesses on a whim for years to come? There's no guarantee that an effective, widely available vaccine will be here anytime soon.

Are we going to "two more weeks" this for the rest of our lives?
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
I'd rather see an Emergency Alert that "scares" people into staying home than have businesses closed again.

People should be staying home as much as possible, doing nothing more than what they really need to, and as best they can, going places where they CAN appropriately socially distance.

I think people are panicking again, though. I had to go to HEB this afternoon; it was pretty crowded for a Friday mid-afternoon, and a lot of staples were sold out
AgsMyDude
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Just wait for school, it's going to be a big **** show. One kid or teacher gets it or is suspected of getting it and they will shut the whole school down for you guessed it, 2 weeks.

Yes. That's exactly what will happen.
IrishTxAggie
AG
aTm2004
AG
AgsMyDude said:

schmendeler said:

No, we're upset at the government once again forcing businesses to shut down for doing nothing wrong. Couple that with not one word from the politicians about the impact of the protests/funerals for George Floyd, and we see it for what it is...bull_***** They're having to pay because our politicians and media gave the protestors and rioters free reign. We even had the health experts applauding it.

You talk about masks. I've asked a few times on this thread and have gotten no response. If masks are so effective, why is LA County leading the nation now? They've been slow to open and have been much more strict with mask requirements.
TexAg91
AG
Quote:

If masks are so effective, why is LA County leading the nation now?
Rhetorical, I know, but...

aTm2004
AG
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/texas-government-counting-every-covid-positive-hospital-case

Quote:

Lindsey Rosales, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of State Health Services, confirmed to Just the News this week that the state is categorizing every inpatient in the state with a positive COVID-19 test as a COVID-19 hospitalization.

"The number of hospitalized patients includes patients with a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 even if the person is admitted to the hospital for a different reason," Rosales said.
At a virtual press conference on Thursday, the chief executives of Houston Methodist, Memorial Hermann Health System, St. Luke's Health, and Texas Children's hospitals stated that their hospitals are well-prepared to handle an even greater increase in patients than that which has emerged over the past few weeks.

The number of hospitalizations are "being misinterpreted," said Houston Methodist CEO Marc Boom, "and, quite frankly, we're concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now."

"We do have the capacity to care for many more patients, and have lots of fluidity and ability to manage," Boom said.

He pointed out that his hospital one year ago was at 95% ICU capacity, similar to the numbers the hospital is seeing today. "It is completely normal for us to have ICU capacities that run in the 80s and 90s," he said. "That's how all hospitals operate."
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.