Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,775 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cone would marry the virus if the could.
cone
AG
don't worry it'll all go away if you pretend it doesn't kill anyone that matters to you
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'm taking this seriously
Jock 07
AG
anecdotal, but with the way folks out here in LA take their masks so seriously I'd figure we'd be about the lowest in the country. If the masks were so effective LA county shouldn't be leading the country right now. You get dirty looks out here even if you're simply minding your own business outside in public without a mask.
Bubba smollett
deaths are still very low..Cone is obsessed
AggieArcher17
AG
Id say thats possible if they didn't have the party at our ranch in the middle of nowhere! Now to say she didn't pick it up beforehand at home is certainly within the realm of possibility lol
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yeah, financial squawk boxes that drop breaking news that literally move the market are rando twitters... Tell me, have any of the tweets I've provided from those squawk boxes not been widely reported by other news sources as well?
BowSowy
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

IrishTxAggie said:

cone said:

boy you're completely paranoid

And you'd follow the government into a pot filled with vipers if they said it was ok

Nice comeback
You don't live in Houston and never have
aTm2004
AG
Jet Black said:

Cone would marry the virus if the could.
AgLiving06
It's worth pointing this out for perspective.

Harris County
Cases: 27,017
Deaths: 353

LA County:
Cases: 91,467
Deaths: 3,246

LA County has more cases than all but 7 states and more deaths than all buy 9 states (and more deaths than all of Texas).

So why the focus on Texas? Surely has nothing to do with us being a Republican state right?
schmendeler
AG
AgLiving06 said:

It's worth pointing this out for perspective.

Harris County
Cases: 27,017
Deaths: 353

LA County:
Cases: 91,467
Deaths: 3,246

LA County has more cases than all but 7 states and more deaths than all buy 9 states (and more deaths than all of Texas).

So why the focus on Texas? Surely has nothing to do with us being a Republican state right?
you are aware what board you're posting on right now, right?
CowtownAg06
AG
I think his point is that nationally all you hear about is TX, AZ, FL being new "hot spots". NY hasn't asked travelers from CA to quarantine yet.
aTm2004
AG
If you're going to get hammered today, better do it by noon. Abbott just closed the bars effective at noon today.
CowtownAg06
AG
LA County population: 10M
Harris County Population: 4.6M

Would expect the gross to be higher but still skews much higher for LA per capita.

aTm2004
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I think his point is that nationally all you hear about is TX, AZ, FL being new "hot spots". NY hasn't asked travelers from CA to quarantine yet.
This. Cuomo is also getting his knob puffed several times a day by the media for his excellent handling of it, but his effing state has 31,000 deaths. All of this is 100% political.
AgLiving06
CowtownAg06 said:

LA County population: 10M
Harris County Population: 4.6M

Would expect the gross to be higher but still skews much higher for LA per capita.

Agree...not 5x the cases and 10x the deaths when they are 2x the people.

Debbie downers like Cone never look at the details, they just want to freak out. The media love people like him.
jetch17
AG
aTm2004 said:

If you're going to get hammered today, better do it by noon. Abbott just closed the bars effective at noon today.

Fcker will close the beaches right before the 4th, I'm sure. Just in time for our trip
BarryProfit
aTm2004 said:

This was inevitable.

Also since there is a lag between behavioral changes and spread impact we can expect matters to get worse before they improve, assuming that they do.
IrishTxAggie
AG
aTm2004 said:

Bondag
AG
jetch17 said:

aTm2004 said:

Fcker will close the beaches right before the 4th, I'm sure. Just in time for our trip

He is just trying to save the good people of Port A from having to see your pasty white ass.
aTm2004
AG
Yep, pretty sure of it. We're headed to the family farm in Iowa today. The only restrictions there is to not drink too much before hopping into the cab of a $250k+ machine to drive around in for some fun.
aTm2004
AG
Reading that...if I'm a bar that has to close, I put out something on my social media page to bring chairs and sit outside on the sidewalk. Just order a to-go drink from me and I'll deliver it curb-side.
jetch17
AG
Bondag said:

jetch17 said:

aTm2004 said:

He is just trying to save the good people of Port A from having to see your pasty white ass.

Absolutely
BarryProfit
jetch17 said:

aTm2004 said:

Closing things up runs counter to everything Abbott stands for politically and Is done with a tremendous amount of egg on his face. Had to be his last resort and should be a strong indication of how bad the state's projections are at present.
aTm2004
AG
Or it shows how spineless he really is.
bearkatag15
AG
rhoswen
AG
Does anyone have a line graph over time of cases vs. deaths? I swore I saw one but I went back a few pages & didn't see it. Texas, Houston, or even national.
jetch17
AG
Quote:

Hidalgo lacks the authority, however, to issue a mandatory stay-at-home order
BarryProfit
aTm2004 said:

Or it shows how spineless he really is.

spineless
1. having no spine or backbone; invertebrate.
2. lacking resolution; weak and purposeless

Do you even make sense to yourself?

The path of least resistance for Abbott is to do nothing, he's completely reversing his previous position. You may disagree with his actions but there's no way to accurately describe them as spineless.

You are blindly defending a position and ignoring the changing data.
BowSowy
AG
Spineless = doesn't do things my way, to atm2004
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

Spineless = doesn't do things my way, to atm2004
Tabasco
AG
What was restaurant capacity before (current as of right now)? Was it 75? I thought it might have still been 50, but from the abbott post I suppose it was 75.
dragmagpuff
AG
Tabasco said:

What was restaurant capacity before (current as of right now)? Was it 75? I thought it might have still been 50, but from the abbott post I suppose it was 75.
It was 75%.
AgsMyDude
AG
Didn't we Abbot set some sort of markers for rolling back the openings?
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.