Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,507,365 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BowSowy
AG
I agree with you. The people who are banging the "they lied to us then, how can we trust them now" drum are just looking for an excuse to not wear masks.

That said, Fauci did recently come out and acknowledge that they initially told the public that masks were "not effective" to save the supply for healthcare workers.
Quote:

Fauci's comments echo those of Surgeon General Jerome Adams on March 2, when he said that the increased demand for masks was putting medical professionals at risk.

A few days earlier, he tweeted that masks were "not effective in preventing" COVID-19 in the general public, saying, "Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!" He later reversed his advice.

Fauci explained the early advice against masks by saying: "The public-health community and many people were saying this were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply."
Bassmaster
AG
The problem is that you lose credibility when you lie. Look, I understand why he did that, but it doesn't change the fact that lying like that is going to make many people distrustful of anything else he says.
Bassmaster
AG
sts7049 said:

Bassmaster said:

sts7049 said:

blindey said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

I don't know what it's like but it seems like the ICUs were at 70% capacity anyway, which is concerning. And this drive it up near 100. And we have a plan to help mitigate it. Which we should. What do you want?
For it to be taken a little more seriously. Call me crazy, but I don't think that reaching our "oh s&&&" contingency is no big deal, especially since trends are showing that even that may not last. Usually the "worst case scenario" is a passing thought with no real expectation that it will be reached, but we are there.
perhaps political leaders could have been preaching that message 2 weeks ago when .... something .... what was it .... 60,000+ people in mass .... what was that ..... but leaders encouraged it .... can anyone recall???
next time you want to protest a social issue we'll check and see first if it's convenient or not
Don't worry, it is not an issue for most of us. We are too busy working to support our families to have time to engage in pointless protests.
how you feel about the issue at hand is irrelevant honestly. because if it were something important to you, i don't think you would care much about it being convenient to go protest your cause.
Wrong. Never in my life will I protest anything. It is stupid and pointless.
03_Aggie
So it stayed relatively flat through the whole month of May but the reopening is still the main source of blame?
BowSowy
AG
Bassmaster said:

The problem is that you lose credibility when you lie. Look, I understand why he did that, but it doesn't change the fact that lying like that is going to make many people distrustful of anything else he says.
Yeah, I get that. I also don't give Fauci much credibility. I don't really want to get into another mask vs no mask debate, though
Beat40
BowSowy said:

Bassmaster said:

Yeah, I get that. I also don't give Fauci much credibility. I don't really want to get into another mask vs no mask debate, though
And if you go back and read my comment on the last page before this, my intention for bringing it up was to be an example of poor communication. I didn't want it to cause an argument - that argument is exhausting and not worth while.

cajunaggie08
AG
03_Aggie said:

So it stayed relatively flat through the whole month of May but the reopening is still the main source of blame?
the growth curve for cases and hospitalizations starts 14 days after phase 2 of reopening.
Pahdz
You can't tell the people the truth because they can't be trusted to not act like jackwagons. The large majority of our population is stupid and selfish, and if you believe if the government would have just asked nicely to not hoard masks so the right people had enough, you're really putting a lot of faith in people who don't deserve it.

Really sucks if you are big on personal responsibility because the lowest common denominator folk ruin it for all of us.
03_Aggie
cajunaggie08 said:

03_Aggie said:

the growth curve for cases and hospitalizations starts 14 days after phase 2 of reopening.

I guess that could be somewhat debatable. Incubation is 5-6 days on average so not sure why 14 days is the common range used?
cone
AG
it's got to go through a couple generations of viral spread to really start the epidemic

two weeks was always a stupid heuristic

it's more like a month or two
bearkatag15
AG
Daddy-O5
AG
Leaders of Houston's 4 largest hospitals say capacity is in good shape as coronavirus cases increase

Quote:

Dr. Marc Boom, of Houston Methodist, said those numbers don't fully tell the capacity story.

"Just that number is being misinterpreted and, quite frankly, we're concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now," Boom said.

All four CEOs agreed they are concerned about the increasing number of coronavirus cases, and asked Houstonians to do everything they can to help flatten the current curve. However, the hospitals in the Texas Medical Center are equipped to deal with a surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations.

BohunkAg
AG
Wait, a new COVID death who passed on May15?
aTm2004
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

03_Aggie said:

George Floyd's funeral was 16 days ago.
cajunaggie08
AG
aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

03_Aggie said:

George Floyd's funeral was 16 days ago.
yes. i'm sure thats greatly contributed. What I'm saying is the upward trend for this local exponential spike started roughly 14 days after the phase 2 of the state reopening. The protests didnt help matters at all. However to blame this spike on just the protests is ignoring the full picture as all the numbers were trending the wrong way before the protests started. The spike may not have been as steep or quick without the protests, but it was coming.
IrishTxAggie
AG
80s and no underlying conditions??? How about he's in his ****ing 80s!!!
Post removed:
by user
CowtownAg06
AG
Date
IrishTxAggie
AG
So basically the current daily death numbers could very well be inflated and should count back...Yeah, this is ****ing awesome data presentation.
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Because bureaucrats are in charge...
BohunkAg
AG
Hey, gotta give ol' Sly credit, at least he's being honest with the data.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Quote:

Mayor Sylvester Turner is asking Houstonians to take 10 minutes to complete a brief survey by Saturday, June 27. Responses to this survey, which are anonymous, will provide the City of Houston with important information regarding the ways the coronavirus pandemic has impacted residents' lives. The survey can be accessed here. The survey is conducted by the Mayor's Health Equity Response (H.E.R.) Initiative and Task Force.

Quote:

4. How often have you worn a face covering outside your home during COVID-19?

7. Recommended safe practices include wearing face coverings, practicing social distancing, and maintaining clean hands. Which of these, in general, represents the safety of the practices between businesses and clients in your community?

13. How safe do you feel calling the Houston Police Department?

17. Who do you most trust to go to for help in your community?

18. Are you registered to vote in the election?

19. Have you completed the US Census?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Haha...NO

Anonymous my ass
RK
AG
Sasappis said:

How does it take a 35 days to code a death?

Coding seems to be the most complicated thing in the universe based on every healthcare or insurance person I've ever talked to. I love getting random bills 18 months after a visit because the parties involved can't figure their own ish out.

Seems like "dead" should be a pretty unambiguous code...but you never know.
cone
AG
boy you're completely paranoid
IrishTxAggie
AG
cone said:

And you'd follow the government into a pot filled with vipers if they said it was ok
Chipotlemonger
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

cone said:

And you'd follow the government into a pot filled with vipers if they said it was ok

Nice comeback
IrishTxAggie
AG
If being a skeptic of Sly and Dora is considered paranoid, then yeah, I'm paranoid. I don't trust the government and I sure as hell don't trust the government with an "anonymous" questionnaire.
03_Aggie
cone said:

What exactly is the relevance of some of those questions in a survey about the impact of COVID on someone?
AgsMyDude
AG
Don't fill out the survey, it'll give you rona
BohunkAg
AG
RK said:

Sasappis said:

How does it take a 35 days to code a death?

Coding seems to be the most complicated thing in the universe based on every healthcare or insurance person I've ever talked to. I love getting random bills 18 months after a visit because the parties involved can't figure their own ish out.

Seems like "dead" should be a pretty unambiguous code...but you never know.

Coding sucks because insurance is looking for a way to deny claims. So on the healthcare side they have to find a way to code it in order to get paid. It's a big game. Also it's turned our doctors into paper pushers. So yay for our healthcare system! And don't think the government taking it over would solve it all lol
sts7049
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

If being a skeptic of Sly and Dora is considered paranoid, then yeah, I'm paranoid. I don't trust the government and I sure as hell don't trust the government with an "anonymous" questionnaire.

but you trust Twitter randos
AeroAg1
AG
bearkatag15 said:

So the heads of the 4 biggest hospitals in Houston come out and say we are fine not sure where y'alls information is coming from AND 208 are dead in Houston?

Cone you keep bashing Irish- you may owe them an apology.

First Page Last Page
Page 164 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.