Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,713 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RK said:

It's LSU...somebody probably took the first test for him.
First test result where from a team vote
IrishTxAggie
AG
BQ_90 said:

RK said:

It's LSU...somebody probably took the first test for him.
First test result where from a team vote

Kind of surprised any of them passed honestly.
AgsMyDude
AG
Have a link for the story? Can't find it anywhere.
Post removed:
by user
Petrino1
jayelbee said:

I've read you can still test positive after having gotten it and recovered.

This is what I'm worried about. I tested positive and I'm currently on day 14 since first symptoms. I haven't had fever or symptoms in 4 days. I tested twice and hope to get two negative results, but I have a feeling I'll test positive.
aggiemike02
AG
this is correct. we had a family friend test positive 3 times over a 21 day period, he had symptoms for only 5 days. no one else in his household (wife, one teenage kid) caught it or if they did, did not have any symptoms.
swimmerbabe11
aggiemike02 said:

this is correct. we had a family friend test positive 3 times over a 21 day period, he had symptoms for only 5 days. no one else in his household (wife, one teenage kid) caught it or if they did, did not have any symptoms.

how long are you contagious for though? I thought you can be contagious while asymptomatic?
Gap
AG
Sasappis said:

The curve was flattened and extended, but the disease is still here and growing.
The virus is on this Earth forever. It isn't going away. That is why getting to herd immunity is important.
BowSowy
AG
https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3119732

CDC says 3 days symptom-free and 10 days post onset. I don't know how true it is, but one guy in there said he's read studies that say there's no viral growth 7-8 days after onset. I assume that means you stop being Infectuous around that time?
lunchbox
Yeah they had to change the "all clear" when so many people were testing positive days/weeks after getting over it.

If 2 negative tests in a row were the rule, then some people would have to wait a month to re-enter society.

I just hope most employers use the new CDC guidance.
TXTransplant
Saw this headline this morning: TEXAS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL ADMITTING ADULT PATIENTS TO FREE UP HOSPITAL BEDS IN HOUSTON

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-childrens-hospital-admitting-adult-patients-as-covid-19-cases-continue-to-rise/285-5aa0a132-a318-4a41-81b3-6659086c2ef7
CowtownAg06
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

aggiemike02 said:

how long are you contagious for though? I thought you can be contagious while asymptomatic?
I think the current thought, and yes it changes all the time, is that you not contagious while asymptomatic. You are contagious when presympotmatic, and outside of testing everyone everyday, there is no way to tell the difference. However, you are not contagious when postsymptomatic, even if you are still testing positive for traces via swab.
cajunaggie08
AG
Gap said:

Sasappis said:

The curve was flattened and extended, but the disease is still here and growing.
The virus is on this Earth forever. It isn't going away. That is why getting to herd immunity is important.
It is important. But we shouldnt be in a race to get it either
BohunkAg
AG
aggiemike02 said:

Nice use of tests
IrishTxAggie
AG
BohunkAg said:

aggiemike02 said:

Nice use of tests
Anyone want to take a guess as to how many of these positive repeat tests get counted again?
jetch17
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

BohunkAg said:

aggiemike02 said:

Nice use of tests
Anyone want to take a guess as to how many of these positive repeat tests get counted again?

Chalk it up on the big board!
aTm2004
AG
jayelbee said:

I'm not sure. My uncle, who has been in a hospital/long-term care facility since mid-February (I believe), has tested positive for it 3 times but hasn't had any symptoms. He's 60 and overweight, so a high risk for sure. We went to visit my dad on Sunday and my aunt and her husband were over there. When I asked about how my uncle was doing, both my dad and aunt said he's not able to kick it. I didn't ask if he tested positive again, but they did say he doesn't have any symptoms. My aunt has POA due to the fall that put him there earlier this year resulted in mental issues. Not sure if he hit his head or had a lack of oxygen.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
ea1060 said:

jayelbee said:

This is what I'm worried about. I tested positive and I'm currently on day 14 since first symptoms. I haven't had fever or symptoms in 4 days. I tested twice and hope to get two negative results, but I have a feeling I'll test positive.
so once you are officially clear, what is your plan? Will you resume normal life, disregarding all the Dora instructions? Or are you going to keep your distance, blend in, etc? If you are going back to normal, do you get a little card that says you already had it, or some other identifier? Really curious here, cause I said from week 2 the right play was to catch this crap before things got too crowded, then go back to normal life.
BarryProfit
LostInLA07
AG
I think the answer depends on whether the under 50 hospitalizations in Dallas are people with other high risk conditions. If 50% are otherwise healthy people under 50 then we have a new problem, otherwise he is just observing one risk factor (age) and ignoring others.
lunchbox
LostInLA07 said:

I think the answer depends on whether the under 50 hospitalizations in Dallas are people with other high risk conditions. If 50% are otherwise healthy people under 50 then we have a new problem, otherwise he is just observing one risk factor (age) and ignoring others.
It also depends on what you believe the age range of the Dallas-area protesters was...
Ag_07
AG
I'm not an expert but I think there are three reasons we're seeing the increase in young cases

• Protests
  • Bars
  • Old folks learned their lesson early and are staying home
T Durden
AG
I'm not saying it is the riots...i mean protests...but its the riots man.

Insert alien meme pic here.
BarryProfit
Ag_07 said:

I'm not an expert but I think there are three reasons we're seeing the increase in young cases

• Protests
  • Bars

I think it's the latter, older folks are more risk adverse and thusly more likely to take protective measures.
TarponChaser
TXTransplant said:

Saw this headline this morning: TEXAS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL ADMITTING ADULT PATIENTS TO FREE UP HOSPITAL BEDS IN HOUSTON

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-childrens-hospital-admitting-adult-patients-as-covid-19-cases-continue-to-rise/285-5aa0a132-a318-4a41-81b3-6659086c2ef7

So they are going to admit adult patients or they already have? That's unclear.

We spent millions on a temporary, overflow hospital which never treated a single patient.

And like others have said on here, I don't care about increased cases. What I want to see is the whole data on hospital admissions/ICU for CV19. And it's been alleged here (and elsewhere) that a number of these hospitalization numbers are just as wonky as the deaths where anybody admitted to the hospital, say for knee surgery, tests hot then they're counted as a CV19 hospitalization case.
TXTransplant
The most recent news articles (published within the last hour) indicate they have admitted adult patients.

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/texas-childrens-hospital-admits-adults-as-virus-cases-soar

Edited to add: has it been confirmed that there are widespread incidents of people being admitted to hospitals for things like knee surgeries only to test positive and be counted as a COVID hospitalization?

I'm asking because it seems odd to wait to test until the person is admitted. Seems like you would do this a day or two ahead, in order to minimize any potential exposure to hospital workers who don't regularly deal with COVID patients.

And I know there are rapid tests, but how widely available are they? Seems like there are still a lot of delays reporting test results and waiting to test right before a scheduled surgery runs the risk of not getting the result back quickly enough.
rhoswen
AG
Ag_07 said:

• Protests
  • Bars

Younger folks are more social, imo, and not just bars or parties.
cone
AG
young people just aren't scared of it right now

maybe they will be more scared by the end of summer, but paranoia broke in a big way after the protests
rhoswen
AG
TXTransplant said:

The most recent news articles (published within the last hour) indicate they have admitted adult patients.

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/texas-childrens-hospital-admits-adults-as-virus-cases-soar

Edited to add: has it been confirmed that there are widespread incidents of people being admitted to hospitals for things like knee surgeries only to test positive and be counted as a COVID hospitalization?

I'm asking because it seems odd to wait to test until the person is admitted. Seems like you would do this a day or two ahead, in order to minimize any potential exposure to hospital workers who don't regularly deal with COVID patients.

And I know there are rapid tests, but how widely available are they? Seems like there are still a lot of delays reporting test results and waiting to test right before a scheduled surgery runs the risk of not getting the result back quickly enough.

They take temperature at the doors to the hospital. I'm sure if there's fever, they then test for covid. I think either way, if you're scheduled for something major like surgery, they'd still carry on, positive or not.

We've been in & out of medical facilities these last few months for xrays or a shot or other basic visits, and we've never had the fever when checked. Boyfriend is scheduled for back surgery 7/20 so we'll see what happens.
BohunkAg
AG
cone said:

maybe they will be more scared by the end of summer, but paranoia broke in a big way after the protests
Yes....this is true. The protests did cause everyone to say "f-ck it" I guess it's OK for everyone if nothing else.
Fitch
AG
Some are alleging that, but I'm admittedly suspicious it's happening or if it is that it's happening in any statistically significant way.

A family member of mine recently had day surgery two weeks back in McKinney and was required to have a COVID test no more than 48 hours before. If she had tested positive they would not have admitted her and she would have had to have two negative tests before they would reschedule the appointment. Just my opinion, but I see that being more the status quo than people coming in for "XYZ procedure" and testing positive while in the hospital, and potentially infecting others in a vulnerable condition.
BohunkAg
AG
cone said:

Yes....this is true. The protests did cause everyone to say "f-ck it" I guess it's OK for everyone if nothing else.
Fitch
AG
Some are alleging that new hospitalization counts are incidental to other elective procedures but I'm admittedly suspicious it's happening or if it is that it's happening in any statistically significant way.

A family member of mine recently had day surgery two weeks back in McKinney and was required to have a COVID test no more than 48 hours before. If she had tested positive they would not have admitted her and she would have had to have two negative tests before they would reschedule the appointment. Just my opinion, but I see that being more the status quo than people coming in for "XYZ procedure" and testing positive while in the hospital, and potentially infecting others in a vulnerable condition.
Ag_07
AG
rhoswen said:

Ag_07 said:

• Protests
  • Bars

True but I think bars are a big culprit of not following the occupancy and distancing guidelines.

From what I've seen restaurants and other places are doing a decent job of spacing people out, wiping down common areas, and taking the right precautions.

I've seen and heard multiple instances where bars aren't doing much of anything.
cajunaggie08
AG
Ag_07 said:

rhoswen said:

Ag_07 said:

• Protests
  • Bars

True but I think bars are a big culprit of not following the occupancy and distancing guidelines.

From what I've seen restaurants and other places are doing a decent job of spacing people out, wiping down common areas, and taking the right precautions.

I've seen and heard multiple instances where bars aren't doing much of anything.
Bars weren't known as champions of cleanliness pre-pandemic.
First Page Last Page
Page 156 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.