Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,721 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went there last Wednesday, I guess I'd love to know if was my waiter, but not really that concerned. I guess their staff is small enough that whoever it was probably had contact with everyone.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
WES2006AG said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Coltivare closed until further notice. Says employee had close contact with a positive test, not even that they were positive.
https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/dining/more-local-restaurants-temporarily-close-after-15340618

This is from a few days ago but it seems like restaurants closing because of employees coming in contact with COVID is going to be a common occurrence.

OSHA partly to blame. If an employee contracts COVID on the job, it's a recordable injury. Restaurant might not care too much about that, however recordable injuries have impacts on contract awards in the Energy sector, among others.
Al Bula
AG
This time its personal

Gap
AG
All of this is why the lockdowns were moronic and nothing as extreme ending in 40 million Americans unemployed was ever recommended before. All of this has to occur because the virus is in our world as we creep toward herd immunity. All the lockdowns did was create extreme and unnecessary costs and pain, social unrest, and delay the inevitable. We are now where we should have been months ago. Protect the elderly and plow through. There is no better option.
CowtownAg06
AG
Hopefully we've leaned some things about who to protect and how to treat.
Fitch
AG

Gap
AG
I appreciate the charts. If you pull them again can you add a daily death trend? Whatever is available whether state total or the largest counties.
AeroAg1
AG
what is Covid 19 Census?
dragmagpuff
AG
rudy99 said:

what is Covid 19 Census?
Hospitals are reporting the number of beds filled with COVID patients.
Keegan99
AG
rudy99 said:

what is Covid 19 Census?

Headcount of all COVID+ patients.
AeroAg1
AG
Is it an actual exact number or is it a "census."
jetch17
AG
Our office announced this morning we'll remain closed and WFH through the end of August - gettin a little long.
FarmerJohn
AG
Quote:

OSHA partly to blame. If an employee contracts COVID on the job, it's a recordable injury. Restaurant might not care too much about that, however recordable injuries have impacts on contract awards in the Energy sector, among others.
A hassle but really the only way to ensure companies follow good practice. As it is I have to deal with so many rumors that someone has tested positive that it's becoming a hassle.
Post removed:
by user
bearkatag15
AG
jetch17 said:

Our office announced this morning we'll remain closed and WFH through the end of August - gettin a little long.
My company announced plans to begin a return to the office beginning July 20th at 30% then another 30% in August and the last group coming back in September. This was supposed to start this week but it got delayed. I kind of expect it to get delayed again.
Keegan99
AG
Believe it's exact.
aTm2004
AG
You can't disable it? I know Apple did the same, but there's an app you have to download to activate it.
cajunaggie08
AG
My office said they wont reopen until there is a 14-day decline in positive tests locally. So it looks like I may not be going back to work in 2020. They also sent a survey asking about the WFH experience to gauge interest in possibly allowing those who want to remain WFH to continue to do so.
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
went back to the office this week

it's amazing. i've never been happier to come to work and get **** done.
Fitch
AG
I've been hitting 80-90 mph on the commute in on the Katy Freeway at 8:00am the last couple weeks. It's been a thing of beauty.
MAROON
AG
we were going back in teams starting June 29th. %A0But now there have been a few positive cases pop up at some of our subsidiaries. %A0Now looking at mid July at the earliest before the teams start as we now have a some people on 14 day quarantine because they were exposed to the positive cases during meetings at those locations.

Suspect this will be the norm for awhile. %A0
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
BowSowy
AG
Ours was planning July 1 to be the start of a phased return, but just emailed us this morning pushing it back to Aug 3. They are tying our return to office date to what Harris Co does, so I expect it to keep getting pushed back.
CoachRTM
AG
I've been back in the office downtown for over a month and a half now.

So much better than working from home. There's almost no traffic, and no lines at any places for lunch. That, and I get significantly more work done.
CowtownAg06
AG
Did any lunch places downtown not make it through the shut down?
AggieArcher17
AG
Just found out I have to get a negative test before I can return to work, and I'm having hell finding a place to go that will do it. This sucks!
wessimo
AG
Do one or those mail-in tests if you can wait a few days for the results.
Panama Red
AG
UV light in air conditioner?
MAROON
AG
I get way more done at home than at the office. %A0Of course I don't have school age kids at home so there are no distractions at all - whereas the office is nothing but one big distraction.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
agz win
AG
My office announced yesterday to be prepared not to return to the office for the rest of the year. They doubt they'll reach 50% by then.
Fitch
AG
If anyone is comfortable sharing, what company size or part of town are your offices? This sort of directly impacts my line of work.
CoachRTM
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Did any lunch places downtown not make it through the shut down?

Hard to tell. I would guess half of the places are open and half aren't. Of those who aren't open, it's hard to tell if they're closed for good, or if they're just waiting for people to come back.
CoachRTM
AG
MAROON said:

I get way more done at home than at the office. %A0Of course I don't have school age kids at home so there are no distractions at all - whereas the office is nothing but one big distraction.

I'm sure everyone has a unique situation that influences if they'd rather work from home or an office, so we're all going to have different opinions.

I'm 20-30% more efficient at the office (we can measure). I don't have kids either, but there are just so many distractions at home, and my number of "meetings" doubled when I was at home. Stupid things like daily check-ins, which I'm sure our team leaders thought was a good idea in theory, but turned into 1 hour wasted each day.

I was also going crazy cooped up in the house. Getting back into the normal routine has lowered my stress level and made everything feel more "right" again.

But again, everyone has a different viewpoint on this and that is ok.
CoachRTM
AG
Fitch said:

If anyone is comfortable sharing, what company size or part of town are your offices? This sort of directly impacts my line of work.

Sending you a PM.
TXTransplant
Fitch said:

I work at corp HQ. With the exception of some people who sit in cubes (which are all being modified with sneeze guards) and a few who consider themselves high risk, we are all back in the office. Our offices are not downtown.

I've heard P66 went back weeks ago, and XOM has brought at least some of their people back to the campus in Spring. Chevron has not opened back up downtown and has no specific date to do so. Heard Shell may start bringing people back in Sept. also heard BP still has most people (who can) WFH.

Others who actually work at these locations may confirm or correct the above.
First Page Last Page
Page 150 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.