Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,483 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ag06Law
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everyone get your masks out!

https://abc13.com/health/another-mask-order-in-harris-county-is-happening-today/6255781/
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I'm excited for the next round of local elections in 2022. Political ads depicting current office holders as dictators and blaming problems (i.e. unemployment) on them will be fun to watch.
cajunaggie08
AG
Fitch said:

If anyone is comfortable sharing, what company size or part of town are your offices? This sort of directly impacts my line of work.
stupidly large and all over
DustysLineup
AG
Dallas did it so she's following them, once again.
Ag06Law
AG
Don't forget about Nelson Wolff in Bexar County. She's always about two days behind what other counties are doing. Waits for someone else to lead, then just copies their order. She's an absolute joke.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Good grief.
Koldus131
AG
Fitch said:

If anyone is comfortable sharing, what company size or part of town are your offices? This sort of directly impacts my line of work.

Our company has been told to expect not to go back into the office until at least late September. I would imagine we won't be at 100% in the office until next year. Large financial institution with multiple hundreds of employees in Uptown
Foamcows
AG
if you can go this long without an office... do you even need one?
aTm2004
AG
This is how my company seems to be looking at things. We're not back and it appears we will be home in July as well, but we've been told they're looking at utilizing WFH for some groups, be it full-time or part-time.
cajunaggie08
AG
Before this outbreak even existed, my office would frequently joke about how it was a waste for us to all come in when we could all just work from home. I think depending on the role, many companies are discovering they dont NEED to own or pay for the amount of real estate they have been. Now just because you can, doesnt mean its preferred for many employees. If WFH becomes more if the norm, I dont know how companies will handle new hires. I did most of my learning through hands on experience at the plant so it will be difficult to gain that while stuck in a home office in PJs. But it will be interesting to see if employers begin to downsize on office space moving forward.
RK
AG
it's a good question. i think for some it's probably possible to tread water from home, but an office is important for growing/moving-forward operations. for many, though, it may not be an issue. i think we fall into the former group. we can maintain and get things done from home, but some level of office time is needed to run full steam and do all that we need to do in order to grow and adapt to ever-changing market conditions.
CowtownAg06
AG
TXTransplant said:

Fitch said:

I work at corp HQ. With the exception of some people who sit in cubes (which are all being modified with sneeze guards) and a few who consider themselves high risk, we are all back in the office. Our offices are not downtown.

I've heard P66 went back weeks ago, and XOM has brought at least some of their people back to the campus in Spring. Chevron has not opened back up downtown and has no specific date to do so. Heard Shell may start bringing people back in Sept. also heard BP still has most people (who can) WFH.

Others who actually work at these locations may confirm or correct the above.
Not exactly true on Shell. 15% went back last week or this one. They are going to scale up 15% every few weeks, but with the county putting out new orders, who knows. BP is Sept at the earliest.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
I (or my source) may have gotten Shell and BP confused.

The one that was "Sept at the earliest" my source said might get extended to Jan.
TarponChaser
My company told us to expect to WFH until 9/1 at the earliest. Our offices are on Augusta between Woodway & San Felipe. Lots of us are pushing for permanent WFH but we're also building a brand new office building right on 10. But in reality, I'm every bit as efficient and productive at home- of course I'm in a "eat what you kill" mode where the vast majority of my income is commission/bonus.

I also told my boss I needed to WFH through the next school year at least because they're opening a new elementary that we'd be zoned to and we want our boys to stay where they've been. We have that option but no transportation and since both the wife and I work and I have more WFH flexibility, there it is. My boss was cool with it.
gougler08
AG
TXTransplant said:

The one that was "Sept at the earliest" my source said might get extended to Jan.
Yeah most likely...as noted above Shell is sending 15-20% back each month basically starting this week, very slow still but at least moving somewhat forward
tylercsbn9
AG
Fitch said:

Major tech company in spring. We have about 2.5k employees here

I honestly don't expect us back in the office until next year at the earliest. They seem to want a vaccine first. There's even talk about it being permanent
Jett01
AG
I work at a credit union in League City. About 15 branches.

We were WFH thru the end of May and then we did alternating schedules for 3 weeks. This week was our first week with everyone back....

....we go back to alternating schedules on Monday for back offices.

Our in-store branches had been closed, but opened up on Monday, and then closed again on Wednesday for the foreseeable future....mainly staffing issues. If someone tests positive at a branch, they can send those guys home, clean the branch and then have the extra employees cover for 2 weeks. They haven't said it yet, but I would anticipate the rest of the branches doing drive thru only starting Monday.

AgLiving06
gougler08 said:

TXTransplant said:

Yeah most likely...as noted above Shell is sending 15-20% back each month basically starting this week, very slow still but at least moving somewhat forward

Shell downtown is lagging behind the locations off I10. First group goes back July 6th.

spadilly
S
Quote:

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas County Judge Lina Hidalgo signed an order today requiring all county businesses to ensure employees and customers wear face coverings.

The order goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. June 22 and runs through 11:59 p.m. June 30.

Businesses may refuse service to customers who don't wear face coverings. Businesses that don't comply may face a fine up to $1,000. Customers won't face any fines.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/harris-county-mask-requirement-for-businesses/285-369e931f-7c44-48a8-92bd-81b4dd289de5
gougler08
AG
AgLiving06 said:

gougler08 said:

TXTransplant said:

Shell downtown is lagging behind the locations off I10. First group goes back July 6th.

Good call, I was focused on the campus off I10 (selfishly as I work there)
IrishTxAggie
AG
So how does this work in restaurants and bars? Because those are the only places I really go.
aTm2004
AG
Anything on Montgomery county?
RVAg02
AG
nm
Jett01
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

So how does this work in restaurants and bars? Because those are the only places I really go.

aTm2004
AG
Ahh...so if you work at a bank, she doesn't care about you.
TXTransplant
aTm2004 said:

MoCo Commissioner refused to issue a mask order first time around. There are only 550 active cases in the county (as of yesterday), down by 25 cases.

With that said, most places I go ask that you wear a mask. Just ran in Whole Foods to get a bottle of wine, and they provide masks. Trader Joe's was requiring it (now it's just strongly encouraged). I'd say, on average, about 1/2 of people comply. Of course, I really only go to the grocery. I've been to a couple of retail stores, but only to do quick returns.

Saw on Instagram today that Central Market is going to require them. Makes me wonder if HEB is far behind.

I'm required to wear one at work anytime I step outside the confines of my own office.
aTm2004
AG
I'm right on the edge of Montgomery/Harris counties, so if Montgomery County doesn't require one, then I'll drive a couple extra miles to do the grocery shopping.
XpressAg09
AG
Welp, here's the loophole for everyone who doesn't want to wear a mask.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Like the other poster said, this sounds like the same question straight from three months ago. I'm thinking that most people in that time have been to a place that has required a mask for entry.

The policy, if we're using say Boomtown Coffee in the Heights as an example, is that you have to wear a mask for entry and when moving around, but (if they allow for it) is not required to be worn when dining at a table/seat. Usually for places like this, the bar area is also closed if they have one and the tables themselves are spaced out.

Or they only have the patio open.
Post removed:
by user
Cromagnum
AG
I see that riots are subsiding so we're back to banging on the virus drum.
agz win
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

XpressAg09 said:

Welp, here's the loophole for everyone who doesn't want to wear a mask.

This loophole exists everywhere even on a plane. Saw several people tell the flight attendant they couldn't wear one because of a medical condition. It's not enforceable.

American Airlines forced a passenger to get off one of their planes for refusing. Fortunately, the plane was still parked on the ground.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2020/06/18/american-airlines-passenger-kicked-off-plane-not-wearing-face-mask/3212619001/
IrishTxAggie
AG
That guy handled it like a ****ing idiot. My stance is and always has been that it should be left ENTIRELY up to the business owners. Airlines included. Though I may disagree with them, it is their policy. Gov't should sit down and STFU.
Bregxit
AG
TXTransplant said:

aTm2004 said:

MoCo Commissioner refused to issue a mask order first time around. There are only 550 active cases in the county (as of yesterday), down by 25 cases.

With that said, most places I go ask that you wear a mask. Just ran in Whole Foods to get a bottle of wine, and they provide masks. Trader Joe's was requiring it (now it's just strongly encouraged). I'd say, on average, about 1/2 of people comply. Of course, I really only go to the grocery. I've been to a couple of retail stores, but only to do quick returns.

Saw on Instagram today that Central Market is going to require them. Makes me wonder if HEB is far behind.

I'm required to wear one at work anytime I step outside the confines of my own office.
As of today:

1555 Total
604 Active (+40 from Thursday)
917 Recovered (+30 from Thursday)
15 Hospitalized (-1 from Thursday)
33 Dead (+1 from Thursday)

1/5 of the total cases and 1/3 of the active cases are in Conroe (77301) because of the county jail.
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.