Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,470 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
I Am A Critic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
David_Puddy said:

cone said:

Quote:

especially when testing kits for a new virus are at a premium
why are they at a premium here and not in SK?

they started dealing with their outbreak much earlier in the pandemic

Ummmm......bc most of the medical industry in order to cut costs shifted the majority of their manufacturing over to China. Not to turn this political, but this is one of the things that Trump has been preaching for 3 years is that we have to shift this back to the U.S. If that were the case, the kits would definitely be more readily available.
If you want to drag Trump into this, you should also note how much the budget for this exact scenario has been cut over the last 3 years. People knew it would happen yet planning for it wasn't worth the $$$. Then it happens and the testing kits we have are contaminated and we've been doing nothing but playing catch-up for the last month. But who cares as long as Trump's stock market looks good.
Username checks out.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I Am A Critic said:

David_Puddy said:

cone said:

Quote:

Ummmm......bc most of the medical industry in order to cut costs shifted the majority of their manufacturing over to China. Not to turn this political, but this is one of the things that Trump has been preaching for 3 years is that we have to shift this back to the U.S. If that were the case, the kits would definitely be more readily available.
If you want to drag Trump into this, you should also note how much the budget for this exact scenario has been cut over the last 3 years. People knew it would happen yet planning for it wasn't worth the $$$. Then it happens and the testing kits we have are contaminated and we've been doing nothing but playing catch-up for the last month. But who cares as long as Trump's stock market looks good.
That's ****ing horse**** and has been discredited numerous times. Trump has tried to cut CDC's budget in the past, but it never made it through congress. CDC's budget is still fully intact.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Take it to forum 16.

David_Puddy
AG
I Am A Critic said:

David_Puddy said:

cone said:

Quote:

People knew a global pandemic was gonna happen? GTFOH with that nonsense buddy.
wessimo
AG
Houston news and updates:

https://houstoncoronavirus.com/

No announcement on additional local cases in the last couple of days. Would be nice to know officially how many are getting tested, although the answer is probably 15/day (most likely only on business days).
MelvinUdall
I Am A Critic said:

David_Puddy said:

cone said:

Quote:

And here is why the is a run to TP and other products because outright lies perpetuated by posters like this and the media.
Gap
AG
Just heard from a person that is supposed to be self quarantined after a vacation tour in Egypt that they are stressed about it and went to HEB to get a massage today. I'm didn't know you could get a message at HEB but I guess that isn't the main point.

We have a lot of stupid people in our society. Freedom and stupid don't go well together.
TombstoneTex
AG
I don't believe you.
BohunkAg
AG
Gap said:

Just heard from a person that is supposed to be self quarantined after a vacation tour in Egypt that they are stressed about it and went to HEB to get a massage today. I'm didn't know you could get a message at HEB but I guess that isn't the main point.

We have a lot of stupid people in our society. Freedom and stupid don't go well together.
How is this impacting the rub and tugs?
Gap
AG
100% true. I wish I was making it up. She was asked not to come into work. Her doctor had her call the Health Department.
BohunkAg
AG
Here's one of the more reasonable stories I've seen on it.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-covid19-symptoms-five-days-210041231.html
TXAG 05
AG
Which HEB?
wessimo
AG
Bunker Hill HEB has a Nails & Spa place attached to it.
rangerdanger
AG
Gap said:

I didn't know you could get a message at HEB but I guess that isn't the main point.

How else are you supposed to get essential elderberry oils rubbed into your orifices?
Beat40
Cstrickland05 said:

Which HEB?
Yeah. If you're going to post the story, why not tell us which location?

So, Gap, let us know!
Beat40
Gap said:

Did you tell them they were stupid?
Zobel
AG
For what it's worth in the large sample studies being referenced here, like in the New England Journal of Medicine and Nature, the 80% mild figure was up to and including pneumonia. The lead of the WHO group that went over there said "mild" isn't a cold or the sniffles. Just to qualify what "mild" means.

15% were severe, which meant shortness of breath or low oxygen levels, ie, severe pneumonia likely requiring oxygen. 5% critical which was organ failure. But all this is coming out of China so who knows if any of it is real or accurate.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
What does the rest of the world think about the numbers coming out of America? You think ole Hong Lee reads the Beijing Sun and says, 'eh, those numbers are from Washington, so no telling how many'? It is a slow day at work, sorry.
cone
AG

here's what Italy is seeing as they exposure the iceberg

10% asymptomatic
5% pauci-symptomatic
31% symptomatic
30% light
6% severe
19% critical

this cohort is pretty old - almost 80% of cases over 50

i don't know what's meant by light vs. symptomatic. i would assume one means fever and cough and one means something closer to shortness of breath/walking pneumonia.

i would assume the milder category to get bigger as the cohort is enlarged as well as the severe number
Stat Monitor Repairman
Gap said:

I think that's the real issue here. People aren't going to follow the protocol on their own. (Rules for thee, not for me)

I think the enforcement is going to have to come from coworkers having a zero tolerance policy of people coming to work the slightest bit sick.

Of course everybody is gonna blame it on allergies or some **** ... it couldn't possibly be me!
Scruffy
AG
Quote:

I think the enforcement is going to have to come from coworkers having a zero tolerance policy of people coming to work the slightest bit sick.
This.

My wife is working from home today because in her open floor-plan dog-boned desk layout office the guy who sits next to her just came back from a 3 week international business trip and was coughing up a storm yesterday (she said eff this and peaced out back home).

swimmerbabe11
so Rice cancelled classes, but not sporting events?
Gap
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Which HEB?

Cypress. The part just south of Tomball.
Gap
AG
Beat40 said:

Gap said:

Did you tell them they were stupid?

It is actually my wife's friend. I guess more of an acquaintance of mine. I told my wife her friend was stupid giving the example of how easy it would be for her to go in for a message later not realizing the risk and then going to visit my Mom in a nearby long-term care facility and just that quick you have 15 highly at risk people in big trouble. Yeah I'm pissed because it is so stupid and plain selfish. Too many people think they live in an alternate reality or video game
Sazerac
AG
has the Technip quarantine been mentioned on this thread yet?
dragmagpuff
AG
cclearman said:

has the Technip quarantine been mentioned on this thread yet?

I haven't seen anything on it.
Gap
AG
And this person went to Egypt having all the information. They considered not going but decided it was a once in a lifetime trip. Then got home and decided the consequences were not to their liking. What is cheating a little bit is the attitude. She is stressed. She deserves a massage. Odds are that they don't have the virus but no one knows and this is extremely reckless and dangerous. A self-quarantine is as only as strong as the self involved. And there is no penalty for what this person is doing. We are shielding the names of people acting in this reckless manner.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
get the flu, stays in bed for 72 hours

get the coronas, go gets a massage
sts7049
AG
f that, call out that kind of stupidity
David_Puddy
AG
David_Puddy
AG
AlaskanAg99
AG
10w traffic was noticeably lighter today.

Small miracles.
Martin Q. Blank
Gap said:

And this person went to Egypt having all the information. They considered not going but decided it was a once in a lifetime trip. Then got home and decided the consequences were not to their liking. What is cheating a little bit is the attitude. She is stressed. She deserves a massage. Odds are that they don't have the virus but no one knows and this is extremely reckless and dangerous. A self-quarantine is as only as strong as the self involved. And there is no penalty for what this person is doing. We are shielding the names of people acting in this reckless manner.
Only one person in this thread is doing that. Rule 1.
txags92
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

10w traffic was noticeably lighter today.

Small miracles.
Spring break for west side districts has more to do with that...
inch05
AG
Technip quarantine? Details please...
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.