Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,178 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
gigemags2016
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AlaskanAg99 said:

10w traffic was noticeably lighter today.

Small miracles.
Spring break
bearkatag15
AG
Sazerac
AG
inch05 said:

Technip quarantine? Details please...

I heard they have an employee positive and they have evacuated an entire floor. Unverified.

LawAg17
AG
I have been seeing a lot of hysteria on local news, etc. The kicker for me is the dean of our law school saying that he is going to follow what TAMU and U of H are doing. Here's to hoping for an extended spring break!
BigPuma
AG
cclearman said:

inch05 said:

Technip quarantine? Details please...

I heard they have an employee positive and they have evacuated an entire floor. Unverified.

FMC buddy said that was accurate. Allegedly since he works not at HQ
bigjag19
AG
My company ordered immunocompromised to stay home indefinitely.

No biz travel for any employee. New York and Chicago to alter hours to avoid rush hour.
gougler08
AG
Work for a major O&G and still not much change outside of screening before heading offshore and travel only for business critical activities. Actually surprised as we normally err on the conservative side
IrishTxAggie
AG
I just got asked if I could meet with a new, rather large customer in Pune, India end of the month. I'm conflicted; I'm not worried about traveling anywhere right now but it's the unknown with returning that has me trying to push this off a bit.
lunchbox
Just an inside peek at what HISD is planning...if it comes to it

Flashdiaz
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I just got asked if I could meet with a new, rather large customer in Pune, India end of the month. I'm conflicted; I'm not worried about traveling anywhere right now but it's the unknown with returning that has me trying to push this off a bit.

Have fun with your 2 week quarantine when you come back
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hence why I'm trying to push it back. I'd like to roll it into my first trip back to Hong Kong once this crap ends. Just knock them both out on the same trip.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Hence why I'm trying to push it back. I'd like to roll it into my first trip back to Hong Kong once this crap ends. Just knock them both out on the same trip.

Yeah I'd push that out, high chance you're stuck in India when flights get cancelled or you get to sit in your house and stock pile toilet paper when you get back
txags92
AG
gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Yeah I'd push that out, high chance you're stuck in India when flights get cancelled or you get to sit in your house and stock pile toilet paper when you get back
He can learn how to deal with that without needing the toilet paper while he is in India...
IrishTxAggie
AG
txags92 said:

gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

He can learn how to deal with that without needing the toilet paper while he is in India...

I don't want to get the "Delhi Belly"
tamuags08
AG
txags92 said:

gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Livin the bidet life
wessimo
AG
Another travel related case. If you flew UA47 Frankfurt to Houston first class on March 3 you may have cooties.

bearkatag15
AG
already posted above
ptothemo
AG
The to/too/two misspelling in the HISD Watch tweet is fun.
inch05
AG
Thanks for sharing the info on the technip person!
Ciboag96
My young daughter sneezed in a store today and you'd think by the reaction of people around us she pulled a Ruger out of her waste-band and started laying lasers on foreheads.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Private school my wife used to see kids at near the med center is shutting down for the next two weeks due to someone at the school being exposed to someone.
combat wombat™
AG
cone said:

the situation in Italy sounds absolutely horrific

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0310/1121368-italy-coronavirus-outbreak/

Quote:

Overall in Italy, 631 people have died from Covid-19 disease caused by the virus and 10,149 have been infected in just over two weeks.

Dr Giovanni Rezza, head of infectious disease at the National Institutes of Health, has attributed Italy's high death rate to the fact that the country has the world's oldest population after Japan.

Most of those who have died are elderly with previous health issues.

For that very reason the high death rate is not surprising, said Professor Marina Della Giusta from the department of economics at the University of Reading.

"The little we know so far of this virus is that it has much higher mortality rates for older people, at least that's what the Chinese data suggests so far.

She said: "The interpersonal physical space in Italy is a lot shorter than it is in [the UK or Ireland].

"Their habit is to kiss each other when you say hello.

"There is higher physical contact anyway around the Mediterranean between people...

Professor Della Giusta, who is originally from the Piedmont region in the northwest of the country, said many people did not take self-isolation measures very seriously when schools were first closed in northern regions a few weeks ago.

"When schools got shut in Lombardy a lot of people just took their kids and went off on holiday to their holiday homes in the mountains and at the seaside in the other regions.

"They thought they were making their kids safe by taking them away, but this kind of behaviour is really very damaging."

Death rate of about 6.2% IN ITALY.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

Quote:

The death rate from seasonal flu is typically around 0.1% in the U.S., according to The New York Times.

The death rate for COVID-19 appears to be higher than that of the flu.

In the study published Feb. 18 in the China CDC Weekly, researchers found a death rate from COVID-19 to be around 2.3% in mainland China. Another study of about 1,100 hospitalized patients in China, published Feb. 28 in the New England Journal of Medicine, found that the overall death rate was slightly lower, around 1.4%.

Still, the death rate for COVID-19 appears to vary by location and an individual's age, among other factors. For instance, in Hubei Province, the epicenter of the outbreak, the death rate reached 2.9%; in other provinces of China, that rate was just 0.4%, according to the China CDC Weekly study. In addition, older adults have been hit the hardest. The death rate soars to 14.8% in those 80 and older; among those ages 70 to 79, the COVID-19 death rate in China seems to be about 8%; it's 3.6% for those ages 60 to 69; 1.3% for 50 to 59; 0.4% for the age group 40 to 49; and just 0.2% for people ages 10 to 39. No deaths in children under 9 have been reported.

Though the death rate for COVID-19 is unclear, most research suggests it is higher than that of the seasonal flu.

CoachRTM
AG
I don't trust any of the numbers on % mortality / % of cases critical, etc. because of how little testing is being done worldwide.

Basically the South Korean numbers are the only ones close to accurate. All the others overstate how serious it is because only the serious cases are tested.
RVAg02
AG
St Thomas Episcopal is closing for two weeks because student may have been exposed.
txags92
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

txags92 said:

gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I ain't shaking hands with your left hand when you get back...
nonameag99
We are all going to die, eventually!

The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
nonameag99
RVAg02 said:

St Thomas Episcopal is closing for two weeks because student may have been exposed.
poosays!

The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Ags #1
AG
Ags #1
AG
Hisd holding a meeting this morning, wonder what thats about?
IrishTxAggie
AG
txags92 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

txags92 said:

gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I ain't shaking hands with your left hand when you get back...
I'm left handed. I wipe with the right.
Ciboag96
Ags #1 said:

Their crook ex-janitor CFO got busted so they need to recruit another crook to keep the gravy train rollin?
Ags #1
AG
Good point. Forgot about all that
aTm2004
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Ags #1 said:

Their crook ex-janitor CFO got busted so they need to recruit another crook to keep the gravy train rollin?
Let me try to summarize this meeting before it happens and the minutes are released to the public...

They'll spend 89% of the time talking about Coronavirus, 10% of the time talking about their plan and interaction with the state, then a 1% bullet point talking about the raid.

Media Headline: "HISD Officials Hold Meeting to Discuss Coronavirus!"
Bondag
AG
RVAg02 said:

Leave the one kid at home.

A bunch of people with minimal exposure isn't necessarily a bad thing. That is how immunities get built up.

Now if the one kid walks into school and throws up on 10 people we have an issue, but limited exposure to someone that may have had exposure is not necessarily a bad thing.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.