Houston
Sponsored by

Spring Branch

141,562 Views | 821 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by TriAg2010
tmaggie50
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

They claimed it was a gallon when I ordered over the phone. Then they showed up at my door with this little bucket with handle lid and everything.

Had about 8 drinks in it and costs either $30 or $39 I can't remember.

Either way it was great to not leave the house and get a nice dinner with drinks delivered right to the door.

Probably was a gallon or close to it. 8 pints in a gallon

Caliber
AG
Ag_07 said:

They claimed it was a gallon when I ordered over the phone. Then they showed up at my door with this little bucket with handle lid and everything.

Either way it was great to not leave the house and get a nice dinner with drinks delivered right to the door.

Just liquid to make on the rocks at home?
drumboy
AG
tmaggie50 said:

Ag_07 said:

Probably was a gallon or close to it. 8 pints in a gallon

Most margaritas are not served in pint glasses. Maybe Ag_07 is hard care and if so, I like his style
dubberage
Nice Winery is going to be really nice (NPI) when it is done, but probably not until next Spring until it opens. Will have retail and tasting room and rooms for events, etc. if we ever have group events again . . .
Chewy
AG
Did Goode Co Cantina last night and got the margarita kit with tequila. It was $40 but super easy as we just poured everything in a pitcher and mixed it up. The mix was super fresh and tasty.

No doubt I could have paid less buying my own stuff elsewhere but from a convenience and quality standpoint it was on point. Would definitely do it again.

Because I live in the Dirty Branch I served them in Shiner pint glasses. I don't have fancy ass margarita glasses or whatever you're supposed to use.

Got about 6 glasses from the mix. The ice I got from the convenience store on Witte where the clerk was murdered a little while ago.

That's the beauty of the Dirty Branch. You can get quality margaritas from a nice restaurant and then get the ice from a place where a murder happened. Those margaritas were the yin and yang of where I live. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Charlie Murphy
Thanks for doing your part to keep SB Dirty, this place is going to turn into heights 2.0 if we dont do our parts.
TriAg2010
AG
dubberage said:

Nice Winery is going to be really nice (NPI) when it is done, but probably not until next Spring until it opens. Will have retail and tasting room and rooms for events, etc. if we ever have group events again . . .

I'm willing to give this place a try, but the name sounds like it was chosen by a sarcastic teenager.
ptothemo
AG
I am a huge fan of your descriptions of the Dirty Branch and life in it. The Haden Park one a few weeks ago, the margaritas today, I think there was one for New Years. Keep up the good work.
dragmagpuff
AG
drumboy said:

Chavez

How much were the margaritas?
Went to Chavez for the first time this weekend. It was awesome. Only "complaint" is that they wouldn't let me buy margaritas to-go. Delivery only. And you couldn't get delivery without a $40 order.
Chewy
AG
ptothemo said:

I am a huge fan of your descriptions of the Dirty Branch and life in it. The Haden Park one a few weeks ago, the margaritas today, I think there was one for New Years. Keep up the good work.

Many thanks but I'm sad to report my time in the Dirty Branch is coming to an end. My girlfriend and I bought a house in the Heights. Should be moving in the next month as we're having some updates done right now.

I couldn't convince her to get a spread in the Dirty Branch although I did try.

It's been an outstanding 7 years and I've loved every minute of it. I might be leaving the Dirty Branch but the Dirty Branch ain't leaving me. That much is for certain.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Chewy said:

ptothemo said:

Many thanks but I'm sad to report my time in the Dirty Branch is coming to an end. My girlfriend and I bought a house in the Heights. Should be moving in the next month as we're having some updates done right now.

I couldn't convince her to get a spread in the Dirty Branch although I did try.

It's been an outstanding 7 years and I've loved every minute of it. I might be leaving the Dirty Branch but the Dirty Branch ain't leaving me. That much is for certain.

Moving on up to the east side

Chewy
AG
Yep. Me and Weezy done got one of them deluxe apartments in the sky. Finally getting a piece of the pie.

Don't worry though as I'm hitting Chavez for lunch today.
ptothemo
AG
It's like I never even knew ya.
sockerton
Simply Greek is pretty good
camelclub
AG
anyone in the dirty branch know that lady with the lady with the blue eye shadow and the huge platypus dreadlocks that hangs out mostly at the HEB on gessner and kempwood?
dragmagpuff
AG
camelclub said:

anyone in the dirty branch know that lady with the lady with the blue eye shadow and the huge platypus dreadlocks that hangs out mostly at the HEB on gessner and kempwood?

I haven't seen her around for a while, and I've been going to that HEB more since all this rona fun started.
Chewy
AG
I haven't thought of her in some time. I used to eat at that KFC quite a bit and she'd always park her grocery cart there. She would go inside from time to time and all the employees knew her. She's legit crazy and they did a good job managing her.

Speaking of crazy street people in the Dirty Branch is the homeless guy that likes to be dressed up still at Hammerly and Gessner? My travels haven't taken me by there in a good month or so.
lb sand
AG
I heard the dreadlocks lady is named "Maria". I was getting my haircut at the great clips in that HEB center and Maria came walking out of the back where the restrooms are and walked right out the front door. Didn't speak to anyone. I asked the gal cutting my hair what the deal was, she said that her manager had told them all that it was okay for Maria to use the bathroom there. I asked the obvious follow up question. The haircut lady said that Maria left the bathroom in a good a condition.

We always call that dude that hangs out between nuens and Hammerly the sharp dressed man cause he always wears a tie. Lots of stories circulate around that guy. Allegedly he has a sister that lives in the hood that keeps an eye on him. I know he got run off the corner at hammerly and gessner because he was scaring the high school kids. Heard he was ****ting in plastic grocery bags, then would throw in the trash cans near those bus stops.
Caliber
AG
I saw the dread lock lady yesterday morning walking in front of the HEB gas station on Kempwood.
Boats and Hose
AG
We tried the SeoulSide Wings food truck today. Off of Gessner and just north of Long Point. $20 for 15 wings with 2 flavors, a large (very generous) order of fries, and two sides of ranch. We had the k-sauce and the soy garlic. We really liked it and will be heading back. Thought I'd share in case anyone wants to check them out.
Ag_07
AG
Maria doesn't seem to bother anybody. I've seen her a couple times come in and out of that Village liquor store right there by HEB when I'm in there.

I have noticed the new homeless lady that posts up by the metro stop on Gessner just south of Kempwood. She sets up a huge spread of trash and shlt on a blanket. She sometimes wears very little and it's disgusting. Her and her setup are a huge eye sore.
sockerton
Ya, Maria does the same thing at Chavez. Hangs out on the front porch with the stuffed animal and then goes inside to fill up water and comes out with no one saying anything.
AggieLong
AG
Chewy said:

Speaking of crazy street people in the Dirty Branch is the homeless guy that likes to be dressed up still at Hammerly and Gessner? My travels haven't taken me by there in a good month or so.
He seems to have moved over to the abandoned Sonic at Gessner & Tiger Trail. He is always sweeping and keeping that area clean.
TriAg2010
AG
I was wondering why a helicopter was circling the neighborhood until midnight. Hoo boy...

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/crime/teen-killed-brother-wounded-in-spring-branch-shooting/285-352440cc-c778-418a-b69e-5b7e07e652a9
AggieLong
AG
We were out in our yard and heard the gunshots. Neighbor's yard guy said the car crashed later in front of his house.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
drug deal gone bad is my bet
ptothemo
AG
Trying to drive themselves to the hospital and then calling mom to take them to the hospital is definitely indicative of something along those lines.
Diggity
AG
Quote:

Police said they were able to recover spent gunshot shells at the shooting scene and they're looking for two men who were wearing hoodies and possibly masks.
Well at least they were being responsible
tmaggie50
AG
If the shots were at 3pm I don't know why that chopper would have been in the air circling at 11:30pm like it was. It didn't indicate that the suspects had been chased or caught.
AggieLong
AG
The ABC13 helicopter was in the area a little after 5. I didn't hear one that late, but was already passed out...
Chewy
AG
Having a drug deal gone bad and then not even being able to drive yourself to the hospital having to get your mom do it is so soft. They wouldn't last 30 minutes at Haden Park.
ptothemo
AG
You know how MLB teams have farm systems full of minor leaguers working their way up to the show? Same thing here. Haden Park is the show, a special place full of the cream of the crop, other areas are just double A.
Chewy
AG
Just wanted to give a Haden Park update while I'm still able to.

There were people administering and receiving haircuts at the Gazebo thanks to the magic of the 110 outlet. I'm sure they were same household and just didn't want to mess with the clippings in their home.
Pretty sure the fella administering wasn't licensed so no license violations at risk. Completely in accordance with current restrictions.

The parks department was out cutting the grass while people just enjoyed the day. Fresh cuts for the grass and people's hair while everyone being friendly with each other. That's how Haden Park rolls.
Motis B Totis
AG
I wonder if the Gessner construction is moving faster with less traffic.
camelclub
AG
Anyone know what they will be putting in at the SW corner of blalock and long point where they tore down that auto shop?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.