Houston
Sponsored by

Man levels 3-decades-old bullying charge against Katy ISD's superintendent

37,541 Views | 263 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by vansprinkle
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tylercsbn9 said:

nhayden said:

Dolan videos his own traffic stops when he is caught speeding. This man is the perfect definition of a snowflake.
Apparently he even recorded his conversations with the principal at his kids school after then asked him not to be a watch dog dad anymore.

They asked him to help unpack some boxes but that was beneath him. I'm sure he was a dick about it, so they asked him not to return.

Heard that as well, he has some mental issues and the mob jumped in, but that same mob has only contributed a small portion to his defense, shocking.
BigPuma
AG
RedAgs01 said:

agchugger said:

Quote:

How about Dolan and his minions making death threats to Hindts wife and daughter? Because that was the reason Hindt resigned.
That doesn't sound right either. Living in the K-T I'm reading a lot about people polarized on both sides of the issue. Sounds like both parties are letting their pride get in the way instead of acting like reasonable adults and sitting down and talking through the real issues. Just mudslinging and insulting drivel. Feels like a presidential race!
To some extent you may be correct but they don't seem to have any real issue with his tenure as Sup. This is all about a most of what he did as a kid. They didn't like Frailey and they won't like the next Sup unless they get to hand pick them. The funny thing is, they even have a problem with George Scott and most of them were elated when he got elected.
Exactly. Allegedly bullied Greg Gay at West Memorial JH (with McMeans as the principal there). A couple people vouched for the story, but a few more including a teacher at the time said it was another student. He said/He said so who the eff really knows.
The high school speeding beat down incident. If that had no self defense aspect to it as Lance alleged, why was there no criminal charges ever brought? This whole thing was handled through insurance if I am not mistaken. Again a he said / he said with a person with a large ax to grind.
The dissertation thing is the most BS thing ever. A Rice professor came out and was like yeah this isn't plagiarism. The professor subreddit agreed, etc. And while UH may be conducting a review, they aren't about to call into question hundreds of doctoral dissertations between then and now. Nothing comes of this.

Literally the only reason Hindt resigned was because of the **** his family was being put through. It is one thing to attack the man, but go after his family crossed the line and Hindt's family was just done. I seriously hope this lawsuit breaks Dolan.

George Scott and Spellman (Covering Katy) are buddies and Spellman is going to do whatever Scott tells him to do so his access to the district doesn't get cut off again. Of course Spellman is going to go after Dolan who is going after the Sup and the BOT and whoever else (like OD). For the record I think Spellman is a bit of a weasel to begin with.

As far as the political and mudslinging, the school board election got a little heated at the end because of all this. Scott Martin definitely went all in with Dolan and got beat by doing so. And Martin is butt hurt about it too now and pretty pissed about the 750k golden parachute.
MelvinUdall
The problem with the payout was that it was in the contract and from what I read is pretty standard for Superintendents. This will end up costing the district $1.5 million between the buyout, attorneys fees, searching for a new Superintendent, etc. So in the end, this witch hunt did more harm than good for those that wanted Hindt out.
Wildmen03
AG
Don't worry, this will all get buried in whatever bond gets put up for a vote by the new superintendent.
MrMiyAggie
AG
aggiedata said:

$1,235 of $250,000 goal

Sean's defense is picking up steam now!
gonna have to cancel that trip to Japan to pay for his lawyers
ChipFTAC01
AG
I assumed the payout was contractually obligated but can elaborate?
AgCPA95
AG
BigPuma said:

RedAgs01 said:

agchugger said:

Quote:

How about Dolan and his minions making death threats to Hindts wife and daughter? Because that was the reason Hindt resigned.
That doesn't sound right either. Living in the K-T I'm reading a lot about people polarized on both sides of the issue. Sounds like both parties are letting their pride get in the way instead of acting like reasonable adults and sitting down and talking through the real issues. Just mudslinging and insulting drivel. Feels like a presidential race!
To some extent you may be correct but they don't seem to have any real issue with his tenure as Sup. This is all about a most of what he did as a kid. They didn't like Frailey and they won't like the next Sup unless they get to hand pick them. The funny thing is, they even have a problem with George Scott and most of them were elated when he got elected.
Exactly. Allegedly bullied Greg Gay at West Memorial JH (with McMeans as the principal there). A couple people vouched for the story, but a few more including a teacher at the time said it was another student. He said/He said so who the eff really knows.
The high school speeding beat down incident. If that had no self defense aspect to it as Lance alleged, why was there no criminal charges ever brought? This whole thing was handled through insurance if I am not mistaken. Again a he said / he said with a person with a large ax to grind.
The dissertation thing is the most BS thing ever. A Rice professor came out and was like yeah this isn't plagiarism. The professor subreddit agreed, etc. And while UH may be conducting a review, they aren't about to call into question hundreds of doctoral dissertations between then and now. Nothing comes of this.

Literally the only reason Hindt resigned was because of the **** his family was being put through. It is one thing to attack the man, but go after his family crossed the line and Hindt's family was just done. I seriously hope this lawsuit breaks Dolan.

George Scott and Spellman (Covering Katy) are buddies and Spellman is going to do whatever Scott tells him to do so his access to the district doesn't get cut off again. Of course Spellman is going to go after Dolan who is going after the Sup and the BOT and whoever else (like OD). For the record I think Spellman is a bit of a weasel to begin with.

As far as the political and mudslinging, the school board election got a little heated at the end because of all this. Scott Martin definitely went all in with Dolan and got beat by doing so. And Martin is butt hurt about it too now and pretty pissed about the 750k golden parachute.
My one addition to this to back up the "Spellman is a bit of weasel to begin with". I realize he is trying to keep Covering Katy up and running but he comes off as desperate and sometime as an unprofessional noob on some of his posts regarding subscriptions and funding.
Smokedraw01
AgCPA95 said:

BigPuma said:

RedAgs01 said:

agchugger said:

Quote:

My one addition to this to back up the "Spellman is a bit of weasel to begin with". I realize he is trying to keep Covering Katy up and running but he comes off as desperate and sometime as an unprofessional noob on some of his posts regarding subscriptions and funding.
What is really disappointing is that there are a lot of great things going on in the district. Schools that are struggling due to families that flooded have shown great resiliency and are flourishing but Dolan was able to find an accusation from 35+ years ago and he changed the dynamic.
JSKolache
AG
GoAgs92 said:

$750K...and I thought the district was dumb spending $70M on a football stadium.

You know which ISD he came from before, right?
BigPuma
AG
JSKolache said:

GoAgs92 said:

$750K...and I thought the district was dumb spending $70M on a football stadium.

You know which ISD he came from before, right?
The stadium bond was put forth and passed while Frailey was the Superintendent. Hindt hasn't even hit the two year mark with Katy before this **** show.
BigPuma
AG
RedAgs01 said:

AgCPA95 said:

BigPuma said:

RedAgs01 said:

agchugger said:

Quote:

What is really disappointing is that there are a lot of great things going on in the district. Schools that are struggling due to families that flooded have shown great resiliency and are flourishing but Dolan was able to find an accusation from 35+ years ago and he changed the dynamic.
Yep. And those with project roll outs and what not, depending on what stage they are at, may have just gotten put on the shelf. Hindt has been doing a lot to improve the district that he went to school in, frankly because he gives a damn. There was a lot of mess to clean up from Frailey and some of that takes a lot of time. Its pretty terrible that this basically went down because one guy stomped his feet when he didn't get the answer he wanted on his time table.

And my opinion on spellman is derived from some of the dirty tactics with the bond election this last november and quoting people on closed groups way out of context. But dolan is still the bigger weasel.
BohunkAg
AG
For all intents and purposes, this has all the feel of small town politics in a massive suburb. This Dolan guy seems like a freaking lunatic. Why would anyone ever want to be on a school board if you have to deal with know it alls like this?
randy828
AG
Quote:

tylercsbn9 said:
Apparently he even recorded his conversations with the principal at his kids school after then asked him not to be a watch dog dad anymore.

They asked him to help unpack some boxes but that was beneath him. I'm sure he was a dick about it, so they asked him not to return.
Is this serious? I have been a WDD for two years in a row for my son's school. I love it and nothing is below me. The teachers act like you are a gift from god when you are there. I really encourage anyone who has a chance to do this to do it.

Guy must really be a db if he acts like something is below him while being a WDD.
Post removed:
by user
tylercsbn9
AG
randy828 said:

Quote:

tylercsbn9 said:

Is this serious? I have been a WDD for two years in a row for my son's school. I love it and nothing is below me. The teachers act like you are a gift from god when you are there. I really encourage anyone who has a chance to do this to do it.

Guy must really be a db if he acts like something is below him while being a WDD.

I've done it before too. I did a thing or two to help around the school that wasn't associated with the kids. I guess he was pissed he wasn't around the mold the kids all day since he's god's gift to humanity. Just look at his bio. He sang in Rhodes Stadium for crying out loud.
Bert315
AG
Sasappis said:

BohunkAg said:

For all intents and purposes, this has all the feel of small town politics in a massive suburb. This Dolan guy seems like a freaking lunatic. Why would anyone ever want to be on a school board if you have to deal with know it alls like this?

Except that here the players have $300k+ a year saleries, get massive golden parachutes and probably get a lobbyist/consulting gig out of it.

My only real question is why the tax payers are picking up the fees for a defamation lawsuit.

Because KISD and Hindt were the focus of Dolans bs and may impact people moving to Katy for the schools. Some of my neighbors moved to Katy because of the positive reputation of the schools.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Yep. If not for KISD, Katy would no different than Kingwood.
Smokedraw01
randy828 said:

Quote:

tylercsbn9 said:

That's insane. Screwing up WDD is quite a feat. They love it when we show up and just act decent and engage the kids.
BohunkAg
AG
Well hell, why should he have to unpack some boxes if he sang in Rhodes Stadium????
Post removed:
by user
MelvinUdall
Sasappis said:

BohunkAg said:

Except that here the players have $300k+ a year saleries, get massive golden parachutes and probably get a lobbyist/consulting gig out of it.

My only real question is why the tax payers are picking up the fees for a defamation lawsuit.

You do understand that the "golden parachute" is a fairly standard contractual offering for large district superintendents.

They are picking it up because Hindt wasn't the only one Dolan and his cronies defamed and in true defamed the district with his antics. As a taxpayer in Katy ISD I am all for using tax payer dollars to to shut this guy down.
Bert315
AG
Sasappis said:

Bert315 said:

Sasappis said:

BohunkAg said:

Because KISD and Hindt were the focus of Dolans bs and may impact people moving to Katy for the schools. Some of my neighbors moved to Katy because of the positive reputation of the schools.

So the school district is seeking recovery of damages?

Yes, not that difficult if you actually think about it. They are having to spend money to find a new superintendent because a guy went on a smear campaign with half truths to try and draw attention to himself and his cause. On top of his negative campaign against the district that effects public perception and potentially people's decision to move to Katy.
94chem
Ducks4brkfast said:

Yep. If not for KISD, Katy would no different than Kingwood.

Yep. Well, to be fair, Katy also has a large Rooms to Go. I drove past it once while looking for the New Mexico state line. It seemed like it took 3 days to go past it, but really it was only 2 hours. But I did stop to look at the tree.
94chem
What's a WDD? We have "class mom's," and every so often it's a class dad. Whenever that happens, it's just a big uh-oh. The dads seem to stir up lots of stuff. Whereas moms can just hang out at the park and gossip, dads do dumb stuff like criticizing the teachers in mass emails...stuff that wouldn't be acceptable in the corporate world, but somehow they think it's okay with the 2nd grade parents. Dolan seems to fit this to a tee.
tylercsbn9
AG
94chem said:

What's a WDD? We have "class mom's," and every so often it's a class dad. Whenever that happens, it's just a big uh-oh. The dads seem to stir up lots of stuff. Whereas moms can just hang out at the park and gossip, dads do dumb stuff like criticizing the teachers in mass emails...stuff that wouldn't be acceptable in the corporate world, but somehow they think it's okay with the 2nd grade parents. Dolan seems to fit this to a tee.
Watch Dog Dads.

You volunteer at your kids school for the day. Typical stuff like help with the car rider line, hang out with your kid in class, talk about your job with the kids, eat lunch with the kids, help with lunch duty, walk the halls, help teachers with random stuff, and play with the kids on the playground.

The help teachers with random stuff apparently offended Dolan. On reddit he talked about how they asked him to help unpack boxes and it was WW3 with admin at his kid's school.
aTm2004
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

94chem said:

Watch Dog Dads.

You volunteer at your kids school for the day. Typical stuff like help with the car rider line, hang out with your kid in class, talk about your job with the kids, eat lunch with the kids, help with lunch duty, walk the halls, help teachers with random stuff, and play with the kids on the playground.

The help teachers with random stuff apparently offended Dolan. On reddit he talked about how they asked him to help unpack boxes and it was WW3 with admin at his kid's school.
Do any schools still allow parents to go to class one day a year for their kids? When I was in HS, they had a day each year that kids could stay home and parents could go to class for them. My dad went one year and my History teacher decided to give the parents the history test we took the previous week. My dad, being a history buff, got a 100 on it and the teacher let me use that grade (I was in the 90s but did miss a couple).
Al Bula
AG
aTm2004 said:

Do any schools still allow parents to go to class one day a year for their kids? When I was in HS, they had a day each year that kids could stay home and parents could go to class for them. My dad went one year and my History teacher decided to give the parents the history test we took the previous week. My dad, being a history buff, got a 100 on it and the teacher let me use that grade (I was in the 90s but did miss a couple).
WTF?!

aTm2004
AG
BigPuma
AG
The stated purpose of the lawsuit is as follows:
Quote:

"To curb the harm reputational damage to the chief executive and the reputational damage of Katy ISD and this board of trustees which has placed us all (the board) in a negative light. This has significantly affected the superintendents ability to perform his duties as expected by purposefully interfering with the relationship with the board, the community, the administration, and staff. All of this working together negatively impacts the lives and changes of our students."...."This has and is interfering with our long term strategic plan and educational mission which is required by law. The public purpose is to address, remediate, and prevent such future harm"

link to the meeting start at 1:40 for the entire stated purpose.
tylercsbn9
AG
BigPuma said:

Quote:

"To curb the harm reputational damage to the chief executive and the reputational damage of Katy ISD and this board of trustees which has placed us all (the board) in a negative light. This has significantly affected the superintendents ability to perform his duties as expected by purposefully interfering with the relationship with the board, the community, the administration, and staff. All of this working together negatively impacts the lives and changes of our students."...."This has and is interfering with our long term strategic plan and educational mission which is required by law. The public purpose is to address, remediate, and prevent such future harm"

Is it open to the public? Wonder if Dolan and his minions will do anything to get themselves removed and play victim.

I'm anxiously awaiting Dolan's post on reddit filled with omissions and half truths in order to rile them up over there.
MelvinUdall
tylercsbn9 said:

BigPuma said:

Quote:

Is it open to the public? Wonder if Dolan and his minions will do anything to get themselves removed and play victim.

I'm anxiously awaiting Dolan's post on reddit filled with omissions and half truths in order to rile them up over there.

I doubt he will be vocal moving forward, maybe his people will, but he won't. No way that he would put more crap out there that could be used in a court of law, but I will let an attorney tell me otherwise.
94chem
BigPuma said:

Quote:

Do lawyers even care about grammar?
BigPuma
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

BigPuma said:

Quote:

This meeting was. In fact you hear many cheers and boos in the crowd during that video.
BigPuma
AG
They care about something called the oxford comma
94chem
BigPuma said:

They care about something called the oxford comma
Yes, well, I shall award them 5 points for not buckling to 1980's trendy obfuscation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.