Houston
Sponsored by

United airlines drags doctor off overbooked flight

13,876 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wessimo
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New World Ag said:

Heisenberg01 said:

Jock 07 said:

He sure did. And my family wouldn't act like a petulant child, and if your family did I would hope that they would expect to be treated as such.

You are wrong and will be proven as much when the doc receives a massive settlement from the airport and United. I would not expect that when buying a seat for a flight that by the end of the day I would be entering into surgery. The cop can reach over unbuckle the guy lead him out by the arm. You don't have to smash the guys face in. If you think the amount of force was appropriate, then you can't be helped. This coming from a guy whose family's greatest infraction with law enforcement is a speeding ticket.
That would have been great but the doc resisted being moved...they had to forcibly pick him up and in the process his head fell on the armrest on the seat across the aisle. Nobody punched his face in.

I guess he would prefer ol boy be tranquillized and hauled out humanely?

Can't fix stupid
Heisenberg01
AG
Jock 07 said:

New World Ag said:

Heisenberg01 said:

Jock 07 said:

He sure did. And my family wouldn't act like a petulant child, and if your family did I would hope that they would expect to be treated as such.

You are wrong and will be proven as much when the doc receives a massive settlement from the airport and United. I would not expect that when buying a seat for a flight that by the end of the day I would be entering into surgery. The cop can reach over unbuckle the guy lead him out by the arm. You don't have to smash the guys face in. If you think the amount of force was appropriate, then you can't be helped. This coming from a guy whose family's greatest infraction with law enforcement is a speeding ticket.
That would have been great but the doc resisted being moved...they had to forcibly pick him up and in the process his head fell on the armrest on the seat across the aisle. Nobody punched his face in.

Can't fix stupid

I never said he was punched in the face. I said his face was smashed in, which it was. It you think the outcome of the situation worked it's way to a logical conclusion and the only other option was a tranquilizer, then you are beyond help. I should have figured from the start that with your username that CTE was a realistic diagnosis for you.
Diggity
AG
sounds like there's no enough going on in Cambridge

Quote:

Officials seek to ban city travel on United after dragging
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) Officials in a Massachusetts city are trying to ban employees from using public funds to fly on United Airlines after a passenger was dragged off a flight in Chicago.
The Boston Globe reports (http://bit.ly/2pipih0 ) the Cambridge City Council passed a proposal Monday asking the city manager to ban official city travel on the airline so long as there are alternative options.
United came under fire when a video showed airport police drag a passenger down the aisle and off a plane this month after he refused to give up his seat to make room for an airline employee. United CEO Oscar Munoz has since apologized.
Council members say United "does not reflect Cambridge's values."
The airline says it no longer allows crew members to displace passengers who are already seated.
Jock 07
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

Jock 07 said:

New World Ag said:

Heisenberg01 said:

Jock 07 said:

Can't fix stupid

I never said he was punched in the face. I said his face was smashed in, which it was. It you think the outcome of the situation worked it's way to a logical conclusion and the only other option was a tranquilizer, then you are beyond help. I should have figured from the start that with your username that CTE was a realistic diagnosis for you.
feel free to explain how you would get the guy off the flight without touching him. And speaking of CTE, I never claimed that you said that he was punched in the face, Einstein.
Bondag
AG
Diggity said:

sounds like there's no enough going on in Cambridge

Quote:

Officials seek to ban city travel on United after dragging
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) Officials in a Massachusetts city are trying to ban employees from using public funds to fly on United Airlines after a passenger was dragged off a flight in Chicago.
The Boston Globe reports (http://bit.ly/2pipih0 ) the Cambridge City Council passed a proposal Monday asking the city manager to ban official city travel on the airline so long as there are alternative options.
United came under fire when a video showed airport police drag a passenger down the aisle and off a plane this month after he refused to give up his seat to make room for an airline employee. United CEO Oscar Munoz has since apologized.
Council members say United "does not reflect Cambridge's values."
The airline says it no longer allows crew members to displace passengers who are already seated.

Shouldn't they boycott fyling out of Chicago since it was not a United employee that dragged him off of the plane?
Echoes97
AG
Can't let facts get in the way of some good ole social outrage, now can we??
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Post removed:
by user
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
jake2011 said:

Article this morning that United is going to start offering up to $10K to passengers bumped from flights. Can they bump me please.
That makes sense.

What they should have done is just reverse auctioned the seat. Basically have the gate agent get on the intercom and say, "ring your call button if you'll take $800 in vouchers to get off the plane." And then, instead of forcibly dragging someone off, say, "Ok, no takers at $800. Ring your call button for $1,000."
Joan Wilder
AG
They should have done all that before actually boarding the aircraft.
Bondag
AG
They are not going to pay anyone $10,000.
Ag_07
AG
Now that they've announced they are willing to go that high it will be interesting to see how passengers play their cards.

Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
I don't think you'll have many people needing to be dragged off the plane once they offer over $1000.

This crap happens every day...they just don't usually involve wacko pill mill doctors acting like petulant children.
Bondag
AG
jake2011 said:

Bondag said:

They are not going to pay anyone $10,000.

They would if someone resisted like that guy to avoid the PR nightmare. $10K is way cheaper than that.

The $10k is for people who volunteer. There will be people that think that $1,000 is a lot of money and they will take it. If no one volunteers at $500 they can randomly draw names and you are not guaranteed anything beyond what your terms or carriage guarantee which is not $10,000
Bondag
AG
And United staff was probably the friendliest I have ever seen them today.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Bondag said:

HJ's to 1st class passengers?
Bondag
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Bondag said:

HJ's to 1st class passengers?

I got one in economy plus
wessimo
AG
Homeboy got his payday, amount not disclosed. Lucky dude.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.