Houston
Sponsored by

Metallica

15,148 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 3rdGenAg05
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zgood10 said:

Jeff Bagwell shoutout
Thanks for sharing. I was probably 10-15 feet behind the person taking this video, this was basically my view all night.
Simplebay
AG
where's the link to preorder?

Thought this show was great. sound was bad song 1 but they fixed it. ears still rining. get setlist (Creep instead of Fuel, thank god)
Cromagnum
AG
zgood10 said:

Jeff Bagwell shoutout

Yeah, the sound where you were at is about 1000x better than being off the floor.
zgood10
AG
I was actually front row lower bowl behind the floor, but the sound where I was was pretty good too
digging tunnels
AG
Anyone have a good pic of them when all 4 were in the front for Seek and Destroy?
jetch17
AG
Had a good spot but sh*tty pic for S&D

Zobel
AG
Here's some mediocre pics.

62strat
AG
Best I got, Rob quickly walked off to the other side.

Screen shot from the vid I took

Ag_07
AG
So many people living through a 5" screen nowadays. [/RantOver]
Liquid Wrench
Have you been to a concert lately? You're looking at a sea of small screens.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ag_07 said:

swimmerbabe11
Ag_07 said:

I think this is exaggerated.

Everyone takes some pictures, maybe a video, but its not like they are doing it the entire duration of the show.
Ag_07
AG
I'm aware.

I still shocks me. I've been before and seen people record an entire set. Or even at an Stros game record the entire 9th inning.

I get taking a picture, but take one during the beginning, call it quits, sit back and enjoy being able to be that close for a show like that.

Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Everyone takes some pictures, maybe a video, but its not like they are doing it the entire duration of the show.
a lot of people do. It's crazy and annoying. It's really crazy when you get on facebook the next day and see that someone you were at a concert with was posting to Facebook throughout the entire concert. They're not there to experience the concert, they're there to let everyone else know what an amazing time they had. I guess it's important to impress the elderly out of state relatives who actually comment on our facebook pages.
62strat
AG
Gotta be able to relive the moment. I wish I took more videos. My battery was single digit territory for second half of met's set.
swimmerbabe11
I've never once thought, "man, I wish I hadn't taken so many pictures"

Facebook is just photo storage to me. People can like or dislike, but I can go find those pics years from now.
zgood10
AG
I understand the desire to save the experience for the future.

During the Hardwired intro I looked out over the floor, and it just looked like statues holding phones up. I mean, the band's about to come out and it *looks* like no one is getting excited. Anyway, I don't have anything against it, just found myself thinking about it. Wonder how the band feels about it.
62strat
AG
I do get a kick out of watching people take selfies. While I was waiting for outside for M&G rep to take us back, I'm watching a girl taking a selfie with the stadium entrance/logo in the background.. Pic 1, not good enough.. turn the phone at 37 degree angle.. there we go.. no try again let's flip hair over to side, again, oh I forgot to pucker my lips, again...

The vanity some people have.

Did I post stuff to facebook? Yes, because I'm a 25 year die hard fan of metallica, and I met them, so I wanted to share that with my friends and family who know me as a die hard metallica fan.. but it all came a good 12 hours after the show was over.
Zobel
AG
People take a lot of photos when they first come out, then it dies down, then comes back when something cool happens.

The better the band is at getting the crowd amped, the more the crowds hands are up / they are jumping. There's less people taking pics in that environment. Sevendust has very few screens in the air when I've seen them...

But I stood there for five hours partially to get those nice pictures. Not sure why you care from the back.

Edit to say that the size of the venue makes a huge difference too. It's hard to get that many people into it. Smaller venues you can get a lot more people locked in for a sustained amount of time.
cone
AG
gross
62strat
AG
If I'm not close, I'm not taking any pictures. I couldn't care less to go back and revisit pics of a stage 200' away with a bunch of heads, and you cant even see the band. Take one of the stage, call it good.

But when I'm close, I'm taking pics and vids.
swimmerbabe11
I'll go ahead and say it too, I like people's selfies.

If they go and travel to London bridge and just take a picture of it, I can google image that.

However, seeing people take pics with their friends/families/whatever in front of those places is fun.
digging tunnels
AG
I got there at 1245 to get on the rail... I'm taking pics and videos!!

Liquid Wrench
Ag_07 said:

This is slightly off-topic, but I just remembered a pic I took at a Texans game a couple years ago that was the perfect example of "watching the world through a lens."

She's recording the halftime dance routine with her ipad in one hand while her fancy camera is focused...on the big digital stadium display. At no point does she look down to watch the humans with her own eyes before leaving our section. Of course I had to take a picture of her taking the pictures for some second hand digital living.
CheeseSndwch
Thought the show was awesome and it sounded great from my section.
Cromagnum
AG
digging tunnels said:

I got there at 1245 to get on the rail... I'm taking pics and videos!!

How did you hold your piss for 12 hours?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Since he is alive He definitely didn't go outside to piss
jetch17
AG
I peed twice in the green lot without getting choked out luckily
Liquid Wrench
Yer gawt damn lucky I weren't there with muh kids!
digging tunnels
AG
Cromagnum said:

The bud light plaza opened at 12. The actual gates into the stadium didn't open til 4. I had brought some Gatorade and vodka and water to drink but the security made me throw it away. They were selling water though. There is a bathroom in the plaza so I was able to go a few times. Sweating in the heat dehydrated me some as well. So my bladder was emptied out

Once the gates opened I only got one beer at 4pm and that was all I drank for rest of the day. I knew I wasn't gonna be able to leave and piss.

Really sucks not being able to drink at a concert. Never done that before
idAg09
digging tunnels said:

Cromagnum said:

The bud light plaza opened at 12. The actual gates into the stadium didn't open til 4. I had brought some Gatorade and vodka and water to drink but the security made me throw it away. They were selling water though. There is a bathroom in the plaza so I was able to go a few times. Sweating in the heat dehydrated me some as well. So my bladder was emptied out

Once the gates opened I only got one beer at 4pm and that was all I drank for rest of the day. I knew I wasn't gonna be able to leave and piss.

Really sucks not being able to drink at a concert. Never done that before

Don't lie, you were the guy with the weed. You didn't need beer. Smart man.
Zobel
AG
Yeah, "the" guy. Singular. Sure.
gordo97
AG
How is anyone able to take pictures in the pit? It used to be that you would have to be in full survival mode at a metal show with all the bodies flying around. Now everyone is just playing with their phones?
The D
AG
62strat said:

I do get a kick out of watching people take selfies. While I was waiting for outside for M&G rep to take us back, I'm watching a girl taking a selfie with the stadium entrance/logo in the background.. Pic 1, not good enough.. turn the phone at 37 degree angle.. there we go.. no try again let's flip hair over to side, again, oh I forgot to pucker my lips, again...

The vanity some people have.

Did I post stuff to facebook? Yes, because I'm a 25 year die hard fan of metallica, and I met them, so I wanted to share that with my friends and family who know me as a die hard metallica fan.. but it all came a good 12 hours after the show was over.

I saw 6 selfie sticks at the stros game on friday in the section I was sitting in. 6!

What happened to asking the person behind you to take a picture of you ? Would much rather have that happen then some selfie stick being waived around in front of my face
62strat
AG
gordo97 said:

How is anyone able to take pictures in the pit? It used to be that you would have to be in full survival mode at a metal show with all the bodies flying around. Now everyone is just playing with their phones?
The snake pit had zero moshing.. most people were just staring in awe. I think I saw some pits in GA.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.