Houston
Sponsored by

Metallica

15,171 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 3rdGenAg05
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
thats badass
62strat
AG
I put a couple vids on the concert thread.. it was just too surreal to have James 1 foot in front of me, rocking out to sad but true. Meet and greet is one thing I'll likely never get again, but I'm shooting for snake pit for future shows.. It's just unmatched.
62strat
AG
Well, if they have a thing similar to hardwired experience in the future, I think I'd do that next time. What's $2500 for once in a lifetime deal. That is a real meet and greet. All 4 members at the same time, group photo, and you get to hang out with them in the room full of memorabilia and their gear and actually chat a while. I got to talk to them individually for about 2 minutes, but no James.

Hopefully it's at least another 3 years, when my kids are out of daycare!
jetch17
AG
sh*t i want a shot at snakepit but didnt get in on the online contest and dont want to go stand in line at the pop-up store with all the other blackshirts today
62strat
AG
oh yeh the pop up stores I forgot about that way. Dude, it would be totally worth it.. at this point, it's likely your only shot. May be a chance to win on radio, but that might involve listening to Rod Ryan.
digging tunnels
AG
Fantastic shots man!! Those will never be matched again!

I'm going with two guys who have seen them twice front row GA (X games and last summer in Minnesota). They wanna get there at 12 when the gates open. I'm not looking forward to all that waiting in the heat

Hope it is worth it
62strat
AG
digging tunnels said:

Fantastic shots man!! Those will never be matched again!

I'm going with two guys who have seen them twice front row GA (X games and last summer in Minnesota). They wanna get there at 12 when the gates open. I'm not looking forward to all that waiting in the heat

Hope it is worth it
The problem with that idea is, yeh you can be first in line and first on the ground and up on the rail.. but can you realistically stand at that rail for 8 hours without piss break/water, etc? Once you leave that spot, I think it would be really hard to get back up there (without pissing off a bunch of people). It's a huge sea of people.

When it's just metallica and an opener, and the doors open at like 7 and show is over at 11, that's one thing.. but this is damn near all day.

But obviously, somebody has to be up front, and they do it somehow. Good luck!
InnerCityAg
Visit the #MetallicaPopUpStore this weekend in Houston! Unique merch + chances to win Snake Pit passes & autographed goodies! https://t.co/nndxBpG62a
InnerCityAg
Whatever... that is their tweet. I don't know how to link tweets.
InnerCityAg
Diggity
AG
You guys let me know when tickets start to bottom out.
sts7049
AG
the only time i went to see metallica was the summer sanitarium tour in 2000 at texas stadium. i was friggin stoked about it, and on the way there we heard james got hurt and couldn't play. i couldn't make it to the make up show unfortunately.
62strat
AG
sts7049 said:

the only time i went to see metallica was the summer sanitaruim tour in 2000 at texas stadium. i was friggin stoked about it, and on the way there we heard james got hurt and couldn't play. i couldn't make it to the make up show unfortunately.
thats weird Houston sanitarium was 2003. I wonder why it was split up like that?
sts7049
AG
i think they just did a second "summer sanitarium" tour
jetch17
AG
Yeah, there were 2 ... original with SOAD, Bizkit, kid Rock, Metallica

The second one in houston was deftones, linkin park, limp biz, mudvayne & Metallica

Back in the day of family values etc....
62strat
AG
I'm looking back now and wondering why I didn't drive to dallas for the 2000 show. Kind of in between the 98 woodlands show and 03 reliant. I was at aTm, easily could have made it up there.

Oh well.

I did see them 08 for world magnetic at Toyota then drove to SA in 09 for second leg.

This show on Wednesday marked my 8th Met show. I hope there are plenty more to come.
94, 97, 98, 03, 04, 08, 09, 17.

I really want to be able to take my kids to see them one day. They're only 3 and 1.5. I'm thinking 6 years or so would be perfect.
digging tunnels
AG
InnerCityAg said:

Went to the store Friday evening. Nothing really special. Typical merchandise you can get at a concert. However they were selling some vintage tshirts from the 80s and 90s that looked work out. They were selling for a ridiculous $120+. Just absurd
jetch17
AG
Probably gonna go hit a bar somewhere around 1:00, plan on getting to NRG around 4:00ish for some lot beers.

I'll probably spring for the extra $10 bucks and park in the suite lot (green)

1208HawkTree
AG
Ok, so we are definitely taking an uber to and from NRG. Is this tailgate/meetup happening, and if so, where? We probably won't go super-early, but I definitely want to be there in time for some pregame festivities and still get inside to see Volbeat.
Shut it down
Why are you mo's getting there so early? Isn't the seating assigned?
jetch17
AG
If you have seats, I've got GA. I'm not hellbent on being at the very front on the rail all damn night, I just want to be in the area cuz it'll just be a clusterF of fat blackshirts trying to get around like a Texans game

They're sayin volbeat hits at 6:00, A7X at 7:05 & Metallica at 8:45

Shut it down
jetch17 said:

If you have seats, I've got GA. I'm not hellbent on being at the very front on the rail all damn night, I just want to be in the area cuz it'll just be a clusterF of fat blackshirts trying to get around like a Texans game

They're sayin volbeat hits at 6:00, A7X at 7:05 & Metallica at 8:45

Make sure to take like 4 Imodium. GA is a hard place to extricate yourself from in a pinch
jetch17
AG
I'll be wearing depends
Al Bula
AG
AustinCountyAg
Sunny and in the 90s today. Don't melt in your new merch all of y'all bought at hot topic yesterday. Have fun!
jetch17
AG
Roof closed for show ... gay
Liquid Wrench
I would imagine you want to hang back a little bit unless you enjoy getting intimate with obese hispanic gentlemen.
jetch17
AG
Oooooh haysoos
Cromagnum
AG
$3 for parking at Fannin metro and 1.50 to ride, and then don't have to fight with the NRG traffic. Win / Win
jetch17
AG
Green lot, directly under 'green 28' sign, free beer til 5:30

jetch17
AG
Also, chiliwagon was right, lots of biggun Mexicans here
Cromagnum
AG
They got the Mixmaster on right now and it sounds like hot garbage in the stadium. Just noise. Hopefully it's much better sound when the real show starts.
Cromagnum
AG
jetch17 said:

The people watching in fantastic. Houston's finest out and about.
jetch17
AG
Oh lawd
Liquid Wrench
jetch17 said:

When you get down to the pit, pull on their ponytails to see if they say something in spanish like one of those pullstring dolls.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.