Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,226 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Quo Vadis?
Mateo84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
htxag09 said:

I was looking at a 36mm....

I saw the discussion about the 36 mm sizes from today right before I picked this up brand new from my AD this afternoon … bring on the HATE and the LOVE … this one is sure to be polarizing

panag
AG
My DateJust is 36 and I wouldn't have any other size. It's perfect. My JLC is a 40 and it feels pretty dang wide in comparison.
schmendeler
AG
Not everyone has to like the size, but i can guarantee you the opinions of the people who would give you ****, aren't worth paying attention to anyway lol.
Dies Irae
Mateo84 said:

htxag09 said:

I was looking at a 36mm....

I saw the discussion about the 36 mm sizes from today right before I picked this up brand new from my AD this afternoon … bring on the HATE and the LOVE … this one is sure to be polarizing

Dude I think it looks great on your wrist. Not all 36 wear the same.
Dies Irae
True or True

This is the worst looking diver ever
Sea Speed
AG
Anyone ever give their daily watch a good cleaning? Mine is super funky because I never take it off and I could definitely benefit from giving it a bath. May have to get out my power carver and put a buff wheel on it to get it shined up as well.
Dies Irae
I normally just take it to a local AD and have them steam the heck out of it.
FTAco07
AG
Maybe not the worst but still gross
Sea Speed
AG
Dies Irae said:

I normally just take it to a local AD and have them steam the heck out of it.

I actually originally was going to ask if the AD will clean it like the local jeweler does for jewelry, but thought that may be a dumb question. Ill have to stop by a rolex ad soon then.
Sea Speed
AG
I searched ugliest dive watch ever, and while not a diver, this monstrosity came up. What the hell is that.

Dies Irae
It's definitely a conversation starter
Dies Irae
Yeah any Rolex AD should be happy to give you a quick steam. Really makes the Watch look great
FTAC2011
AG
My AD score today. Newest version bezel. Much brighter green
BQRyno
AG
How do you like it vs the previous green? Looks a little TOO bright green for my taste in the pic, but that may just be how it's showing up on the screen.
FTAC2011
AG
I like it much better reminds me of the og kermit 16610. The lighting changes it pretty significantly as you can see here but I like the brighter look much better
schmendeler
AG
The battery in my Mondaine quartz gave out. Is there a decent place to get it replaced in the Tomball/Champions/Willowbrook/Spring area?

Could i just take it to like a Jared's?

I don't need anything super fancy but i really like the watch and would prefer someone that gives a **** about what they are doing. Not opposed to a mall kiosk guy if he's reliable.
Diggity
AG
What a name for a watch company
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
FTAC2011 said:

My AD score today. Newest version bezel. Much brighter green

Fall92
AG
There's a clock store in Old Town Spring. Name escapes me. Right around the corner from Corkscrew. There's also the angry Asian jeweler Phi's on Louetta. Not sure how reliable he is with quality watches but I get my quartzes changed there.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
BourbonAg
AG
The case size thing definitely depends on your build, too. A 36 would look like a kid's watch on me.
schmendeler
AG
Thanks! I'm going to Google angry Asian watch guy.

Is he next to the wing stop?
Dies Irae
Hey I too have an Asian watch guy. Masters Worshop #2 on barkers cypress.

He isn't angry just kind of crazy about Covid. Still makes you mask up before he buzzes you back
panag
AG
Yeah that's fair. I'm a pretty average sized guy so I'd imagine it would look odd if I was a bigger/taller guy.
schmendeler
AG
What kind of work does he do for you? I imagine most of the time you go to an AD.
Dies Irae
schmendeler said:

What kind of work does he do for you? I imagine most of the time you go to an AD.

Since I buy a lot of watches online, he does most of my watch sizing and whenever I want a watch put on a different strap.
Fall92
AG
That's him.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
schmendeler
AG
Cool, thanks! Might swing by soon.
schmendeler
AG
Right on
FTAC2011
AG
Dies Irae said:

Hey I too have an Asian watch guy. Masters Worshop #2 on barkers cypress.

He isn't angry just kind of crazy about Covid. Still makes you mask up before he buzzes you back
JSKolache
AG
Just get a caseback opener on AMZN and do it yourself.
plowboy1065
S
Reds & Rolex's
TXAG 05
AG
panag said:

My DateJust is 36 and I wouldn't have any other size. It's perfect. My JLC is a 40 and it feels pretty dang wide in comparison.

I get we are all built differently, but I'm so glad I don't have to wear womens watches.
Mateo84
AG
TXAG 05 said:

panag said:

I get we are all built differently, but I'm so glad I don't have to wear womens watches.

What a strange thing to perseverate on. You've made multiple comments in this thread about women's sized watches.

Please enlighten us on what the correct size is for a man's watch?
Diggity
AG

this is getting close
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Mateo84 said:

htxag09 said:

was looking at a 36mm....

Beautiful watch! Was this something you'd ordered or did you just walk in and buy it off the display? I'm just curious about lead times for new watches at MSRP these days.
First Page Last Page
Page 343 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.