Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,503,603 Views | 13717 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by aTm2004
BoDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whats retail $?
Post removed:
by user
FalconAg06
I really want one but I'll wait until they come out. Unfortunately zenith get no respect and their value plunges like a rock, so you can get some amazing deals.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Don't know if this is something any of y'all are into but i got an email from tenenbaum saying that has 2 of this sold out gp watch
https://www.tenenbaumjewelers.com/pages/girard-perregaux-laureato-absolute-crystal-rock
schmendeler
AG
FalconAg06 said:

Really like the new Zenith Chronomaster sport.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/zenith-chronomaster-sport-el-primero-3600-calibre/
that is super sharp. definitely a better option than a daytona, imo.
Diggity
AG
I only buy Zenith for their televisions
BoDog
AG
They are awesome watches and that new chrono is legit, but their value will drop like a bad habit. Its a shame because they are such great watches and easily make the best chronograph. I know its about double but you will be better served going with the Daytona knowing you will damn near always get back what you paid if not more. I tell my wife its just a hedge against inflation...
schmendeler
AG
i buy watches because i like them, not because i'm using them as a store of value. if there is a good deal on the used market to be had, i'll definitely look at it, though.

i'd rather get a zenith i really like than chase a daytona for double or more the price.
schmendeler
AG
Diggity said:

I only buy Zenith for their televisions
120hz is the true hi-beat.
BoDog
AG
I can appreciate that. I just cannot in good conscience buy something that I likely will not keep for more than five years then take a bath on it-knowing there is something similar (Daytona) that will hold it's value.

You may as well just buy/trade sport cars. Would probably be more fun.
schmendeler
AG
BoDog said:

I can appreciate that. I just cannot in good conscience buy something that I likely will not keep for more than five years then take a bath on it-knowing there is something similar (Daytona) that will hold it's value.

You may as well just buy/trade sport cars. Would probably be more fun.
why only keep it for 5 years or less?
BoDog
AG
Unless I consider it a "grail" watch (I hate that term) I get fixated on the latest and greatest or maybe just one I have always thought was really cool and trade towards it. I have 5 Rolex, 3 Tudors, and a Cartier. A year from now I am sure this will not look the same.
schmendeler
AG
Ok, gotcha
schmendeler
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CKuh6nBjGbD

Alright, Houston watch ballers. I need you to step up and pick this one up.
Post removed:
by user
schmendeler
AG
third coast.. said:

That watch is hideous
Yes
FalconAg06
NRD09 said:

Don't know if this is something any of y'all are into but i got an email from tenenbaum saying that has 2 of this sold out gp watch
https://www.tenenbaumjewelers.com/pages/girard-perregaux-laureato-absolute-crystal-rock

Going to take a look at this tomorrow. Love the unique look
FalconAg06

FalconAg06
Did not go to buy but was so impressed with the watch and the discount I couldn't resist. Will have to be my last purchase for a while tho
captkirk
AG
BoDog said:

They are awesome watches and that new chrono is legit, but their value will drop like a bad habit. Its a shame because they are such great watches and easily make the best chronograph. I know its about double but you will be better served going with the Daytona knowing you will damn near always get back what you paid if not more. I tell my wife its just a hedge against inflation...
If you can buy it used for 50-60% of retail, I'd consider it
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Nice! Glad that worked out for you! Cool store, right?
FalconAg06
NRD09 said:

Nice! Glad that worked out for you! Cool store, right?

Great store. And I gave you credit for the referral, now you'll just have to convince them you are NRD09 haha.

Tony did a great job of explaining the history of GP which is a hugely pedigreed and renowned watch maker that flies under the radar. The watch really felt quality and is obviously like nothing else I've got in my collection (not a lot of glass carbon fiber hybrids out there) so I had to go with it after he offered a 15% discount
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ha nice thanks! Wonder what they do for referrals? Guarantee if i walk in those doors they will come out ahead!
FalconAg06
Haha, I don't know if they do anything, but they asked how I heard about them and I showed them the thread.
Cardiag
AG
Anyone have thoughts on the Chopard Mille miglia GTS power control? Don't have much experience with Chopard other than by reputation.
FalconAg06
Cardiag said:

Anyone have thoughts on the Chopard Mille miglia GTS power control? Don't have much experience with Chopard other than by reputation.

I've never heard of the gts power control but the Chopard Mille Miglia is a highly respected watch
FTAC2011
AG
Looks like Aaron Rodgers is on board with the new zenith chronograph
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
He does seem to be very excited
TulaneAg
Diggity said:

He does seem to be very excited
"Are you f'in kidding me? I'm Aaron ******* Rodgers and Zenith is the best you can do? Alright...give me the damn watch and take the picture. F*CK!"
FalconAg06
Really a horrible advertisement. The watch doesn't look good, and Aaron looks like crap and annoyed
FtBendTxAg
AG
Brady's IWC advertisements are actually pretty decent
FalconAg06
Only $30k folks
Diggity
AG
finally got around to seeing Ford V Ferrari last night, and now I want Shelby's watch.

What would a reasonable price be for this bad boy? They look to be all over the place

Guitarsoup
AG
What he really wore.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/carroll-shelbys-prize-patek-philippe-from-the-1959-24-hours-of-le-mans

First Page Last Page
Page 88 of 392

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.