Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,499,628 Views | 13684 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ChemAg15
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

blindey said:

Who the damn hell makes more than the boss???

Top salesmen
guess I should have been more specific knowing what third coast does for a living.
aTm2004
AG
Just curious...on the first 2, what are you seeing? Also, on the 4th pic, I'm going to say the one on the left is the authentic, but the bottom of the crown on the right is finished better than the one on the left.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
On the first pic, the letters in the chapter ring are filled in on the fake vs just the outline on the real one.

On the 4th pic, the machining in the bezel isn't as crisp on the fake (right) vs the real (left).

Those are my guess.
aTm2004
AG
Yeah, I can see the difference in the 2 chapter rings now that you mention it.

The 4th pic is of the clasps, if you count the one not showing up.
Diggity
AG
look at the crown logo. The detail is much more intricate on the weld in the real (left) version, vs the fake.
FTAC2011
AG
Y'all are spot on. Nice job
Marauder Blue 6
AG
It's not something that a lot of people pay attention to. I caught it as soon as I saw the picture but I had to go look online to double-check. The chapter rings haven't always been engraved. Part of me thinks it's an additional level of detail Rolex has added for appearance but also to try to stay one step ahead of the forgers. The forgers and forgeries keep getting better.
Daytona22
AG
Wow that is nuts! Glad you got your money back but interesting to see them side by side.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
The other thing that will tell you the watch is a fake is if "Rolex" is spelled "Roleck's"
Diggity
AG
the quartz movement is always a dead giveaway for me
aTm2004
AG
You guys have me all paranoid now, so I checked and it looks good. The lume tip isn't broken or cracked. It's lighting.

schmendeler
AG
Guys, I'm really worried. My chapter ring doesn't have ANY engraving!

Post removed:
by user
RangerRick9211
AG

Happy Holidays, watch degenerates.
schmendeler
Farmer1906
AG
Do you want around lopsided carrying that plate on one arm?
AlaskanAg08
AG
Well, I did a thing today...finally! I've only been drooling over the Speedmaster for as long as I can remember and I finally pulled the trigger.

I went with the sapphire sandwich 311.30.42.30.01.006 because who doesn't love seeing that 1863 movement, right?

aTm2004
AG
OMG
Post removed:
by user
schmendeler
AG
So jealous. I think I'm leaning towards the sapphire as well. It's not the absolute authentic one but the durability of the crystal and being able to see the movement make it seem like the right choice.
BoDog
AG
If you dont mind me asking, what is the off the shelf price for a Speedy these days?
FTAC2011
AG
I can order the new speedmasters for anyone for 20% off retail. Retail Prices are $5350 for hesalite and $6350 for sapphire
FTAC2011
AG
This is in my opinion one of the best 5k watches money can buy. It's bold so maybe not everyone's style but it's awesome
Guitarsoup
AG
Can't see dropping $5k on a Zenith.
Farmer1906
AG
I Am A Critic
Username checks out.
BoDog
AG
FTA, is that a defy 21? I love that watch in a blue rubber waffle band.

Zenith are incredible watches. Really cool history and story. I would spend $5k on a Zenith before I would a Omega any day of the week. Similar price points but vastly different watches, movements, etc.
schmendeler
AG
I Am A Critic said:

FTAC2011 said:

I can order the new speedmasters for anyone for 20% off retail. Retail Prices are $5350 for hesalite and $6350 for sapphire
Your 20% off is the same as Omega's website. That doesn't sound like a discount. Am I missing something?

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-professional-chronograph-42-mm-31130423001006

I don't see a 20% discount on the Omega site?
FTAC2011
AG
I Am A Critic said:

FTAC2011 said:

Your 20% off is the same as Omega's website. That doesn't sound like a discount. Am I missing something?

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-professional-chronograph-42-mm-31130423001006

Not sure I follow
FTAC2011
AG
BoDog said:

FTA, is that a defy 21? I love that watch in a blue rubber waffle band.

Zenith are incredible watches. Really cool history and story. I would spend $5k on a Zenith before I would a Omega any day of the week. Similar price points but vastly different watches, movements, etc.

Agree. Zenith has amazing history. Even Rolex used zenith movements in their old Daytonas.

This is the zenith defy classic skeleton. Ceramic case
FHKChE07
AG
It just is not a very attractive watch to me. I know that some of my watches people don't like either but it is just waayyyy to busy for my tastes.
schmendeler
AG
Reminds me a bit of this Formex.

I Am A Critic
Please forgive my stupidity.
Username checks out.
FTAC2011
AG
Grape dial is closest I'll get to Aggie Maroon for Rolex.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.