Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,458,524 Views | 13493 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by schmendeler
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Considering these are almost impossible to find at an AD, how much are you looking to make?
Post removed:
by user
FTAC2011
AG
My newest pickup. Speedmaster reduced. Would sell for $1750

K Bo
AG
Moonwatch? Seems cheap!
Farmer1906
AG
Moonwatchish
FTAC2011
AG
It's the reduced version so 39mm.

It does have the hesalite crystal, but the "moon watch" is the 42mm Speedmaster professional
K Bo
AG
Gotcha
DVC2010
AG
FTAC2011 said:

It does have the hesalite crystal, but the "moon watch" is the 42mm Speedmaster professional

I have never heard of these. What movement?
FTAC2011
AG
DVC2010 said:

FTAC2011 said:

Calibre 3220.

Just sold it actually. But if anyone is interested I can probably get my hands on another one
Post removed:
by user
FTAC2011
AG
third coast.. said:

BNIB sub still for sale.

I'll buy it for $8550
Post removed:
by user
FTAC2011
AG
Don't have to be. They are out there for that, just have to be patient and know where to look. Don't blame you at all for wanting more, but I figured I'd offer. Good luck with selling.
SquirrellyDan
AG
FTAC2011 said:

DVC2010 said:

FTAC2011 said:

Calibre 3220.

Just sold it actually. But if anyone is interested I can probably get my hands on another one
Do you have a connection on Omega's in general or just this particular model?
Farmer1906
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

FTAC2011 said:

DVC2010 said:

FTAC2011 said:

Calibre 3220.

I have had some real good experiences in the past on https://omegaforums.net/

You can find some good deals on their sales board.
FTAC2011
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

FTAC2011 said:

DVC2010 said:

FTAC2011 said:

Calibre 3220.

Tried to shoot you a PM but it's not working for some reason..

I have connections in general.

Someone above suggested to check out the forums which is a good idea, but I can often get for less because those are private parties trying to sell their watches.

If you were serious about grabbing something, you could tell me what you wanted and I could give you a round about price while I search for what you need.
SquirrellyDan
AG
I'll get back with you with a couple model numbers. I don't think I can receive PM's since I dropped my subscription.
FTAC2011
AG
Email me at

Crob@aggienetwork.com
Runner_2g
AG
How much on the 116610
David_Puddy
AG
Scroll all the way up....2nd reply on this page
schmendeler
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Man that's sharp. I know it's not "the" watch, but it looks legit and is actually automatic, which I would prefer.
ChipFTAC01
AG
My FIL has a moon watch that his very blue collar parents bought him when he graduated from university in the early 70s. He literally always wears it. I have no attachment to it but I really hope my son (first born grandson) ends up with it.
FTAC2011
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

My FIL has a moon watch that his very blue collar parents bought him when he graduated from university in the early 70s. He literally always wears it. I have no attachment to it but I really hope my son (first born grandson) ends up with it.

They are amazing! The sapphire sandwich is my favorite where the manual wind movement is visible. Also, great story behind them.

FTAC2011
AG
schmendeler said:

FTAC2011 said:

Man that's sharp. I know it's not "the" watch, but it looks legit and is actually automatic, which I would prefer.

Let me know when you want one. $1,750 for the reduced is a much easier pill to swallow than shelling out $3500-$4500 for the 42mm
Guitarsoup
AG
I need to take my Planet Ocean in for service. Should I take it somewhere other than Omega? Any recommendations?
aTm2004
AG
Good question. My SMP's date is sticking between date changes. I'd say it's about time.
agracer
AG
Haven't read through all 58 pages yet, but wife is looking for birthday ideas (50!!!) and I've always wanted a nice watch and the Tag Heuer F1 style is something I've lusted after for a while (big F1 fan, been to a few races, and raced Formula Fords before my sponsor got pregnant)....

I understand Tag Heuer quality went down in the 90's early 00's, but has since become a more respected brand. Or is TH still considered a toy luxury watch by watch connoisseurs?
Farmer1906
AG
In general, I am not a fan of Tag, but get what you like and don't worry what everyone else thinks.

TulaneAg
Tag Heuer is a good solid watch but it doesn't move the needle for me in terms of engineering/complication, significance, history, uniqueness, etc. In my mind, they are Omega without the cool space and Bond history.

That being said, I'm in my mid-40's and that's my take from my limited time on this earth. I'm sure someone will pull up some significant Tag Heuer invention, engineering or pop culture accomplishments from the 1800's or early 1900s and that's fine. It's just my personal perception of the brand. The only watch I've ever been interested in their stable would be a Heuer (without the TAG) Monaco 'Steve Mcqueen' watch.

And as always on this board and with your money, if you like it and will enjoy it then buy it and don't give two sh*ts about what I or anyone else thinks about your favorite watch gifted from your favorite bride on your most special 50th birthday.
agracer
AG
TulaneAg said:

And as always on this board and with your money, if you like it and will enjoy it then buy it and don't give two sh*ts about what I or anyone else thinks about your favorite watch gifted from your favorite bride on your most special 50th birthday.
uhm...only bride...really don't want another!! Can't afford two AND the watch...
TulaneAg
I didn't want to assume she was your only bride in this day and age ;-)
FTAC2011
AG
agracer said:

Haven't read through all 58 pages yet, but wife is looking for birthday ideas (50!!!) and I've always wanted a nice watch and the Tag Heuer F1 style is something I've lusted after for a while (big F1 fan, been to a few races, and raced Formula Fords before my sponsor got pregnant)....

I understand Tag Heuer quality went down in the 90's early 00's, but has since become a more respected brand. Or is TH still considered a toy luxury watch by watch connoisseurs?

I like Tags, but their value doesn't hold at all if that's important to you. If you get one, pick one up used and you will literally save more than $1000.

If you have a budget of $2-3k or more I'd go with an Omega.

Message me if you want help finding something.
Guitarsoup
AG
The tag to get for you would be there Monaco Caliber 11.

McQueen wore it in his racing movie.
BBRex
AG
The Caliber 02 Is nice, but I would rather have that Gulf Monaco for the price. But there are other watches I'd get before those.
JSKolache
AG
Swapped the Pelagos onto the blue strap for the first time to honor the Stros. Whomp whomp. Need to swap back to the bracelet stat...
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 386

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.