Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,496,521 Views | 13672 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Serotonin
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just pick one watch for a trip and don't take it off.
K Bo
AG
Nah, I know. I think on the right watch it looks good. I don't like that one, though.

I liken it to a sunburst guitar. Some looks great; some don't.
FTAC2011
AG
Hey guys. I have this posted on the classified forum if anyone is interested. I was told to post it here as well.

Fall92
AG
Man, I LOVE that watch but just can't get over the band. And I don't think I could bring myself to put a rubber strap on it.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
FTAC2011
AG
Thanks man! I get it. The mesh bracelet isn't for everyone but it's super comfortable.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Fall92 said:

Man, I LOVE that watch but just can't get over the band. And I don't think I could bring myself to put a rubber strap on it.
i googled that watch (not a watch guy) and the website shows one with a rubber band that is absolute fire.

https://www.jomashop.com/breitling-mens-watch-a1732124-ba61bkod.html
Guitarsoup
AG
FTAC2011
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Fall92 said:

i googled that watch (not a watch guy) and the website shows one with a rubber band that is absolute fire.

https://www.jomashop.com/breitling-mens-watch-a1732124-ba61bkod.html

Rubber strap looks great on it. By the way that is 3,200 and out of stock. I'm asking $2,900 for mine. Enough room to buy the rubber strap as well
Fall92
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Thanks man! I get it. The mesh bracelet isn't for everyone but it's super comfortable.
It's a gorgeous watch.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Is Breitling a lesser watch than Rolex?

I had lunch with a guy today that said people that wear Rolex look down at folks with a Breitling.
Post removed:
by user
FTAC2011
AG
Yes, I would say so. However, Breitling is still a well respected brand.
FTAC2011
AG
third coast.. said:

And all us seiko owners look down our noses at all of them.

I love me some seiko too!

aTm2004
AG
If any of you have been looking to get a Seiko SKX, you might want to do it soon. Looks like the rumors may be true this time.

https://chronometercheck.com/seiko-5-sports-divers-2019/
TulaneAg
I was actually thinking about getting a SKX007 for me and an 013 for the mrs. We're doing a sailboat charter in the BVI at New Year's and I didn't want to travel with the nice watches...

This might push me to finally makes that happen.
Fall92
AG
I bought one for the rib and she loves it for weekends and outdoors stuff.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Ducks4brkfast
AG
thoughts on the datejust turn-o-graph? i might be able to get a smokin deal on one.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
Buy it if you like it?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Kurt Gowdy said:

Buy it if you like it?
trying to
Fall92
AG
Found this of interest.
https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/style-guides/luxury-watch-brands-entry-level.html
MemorialTXAg
TulaneAg said:

I was actually thinking about getting a SKX007 for me and an 013 for the mrs. We're doing a sailboat charter in the BVI at New Year's and I didn't want to travel with the nice watches...

This might push me to finally makes that happen.

If you do get it, might as well do the Fifty Fathoms homage upgrade. Although maybe that's a different seiko model.
TulaneAg
Not familiar...
mts6175
AG
How cool is this story?

The Long Return: Two Men, Fifty Years, And The Tudor That Took A Bullet In Vietnam
Redstone
AG
Like what you like.

I like Bulova and don't care what other people say.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Redstone said:

Like what you like.

I like Bulova and don't care what other people say.

Right. But my question wasn't whether I should like it or not... or if others did.

Was just more a general question regarding a watch I had never heard of.
Farmer1906
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

thoughts on the datejust turn-o-graph? i might be able to get a smokin deal on one.

Not my first choice, but a cool history and not overly common. Go for it!
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
Very cool.
mts6175
AG
Joined the Seamaster club today...

trip
AG
I am about to buy a watch on line from previous owner. How does the normally go down. He says to go in as a friends on PayPal but I lose buyers protection. Is this normal?

Help a rookie out
Guitarsoup
AG
trip said:

I am about to buy a watch on line from previous owner. How does the normally go down. He says to go in as a friends on PayPal but I lose buyers protection. Is this normal?

Help a rookie out
Yeah, no. Don't do a friend's gift on Paypal if you don't know the guy.
aTm2004
AG
trip said:

Help a rookie out

Buy the owner, not the watch. If you've done your homework and have spoken to people who have bought from him, it should be OK. When I bought mine, I wired the money. It was nerve wracking to say the least, but I spent a year keeping an eye on sellers on popular watch boards and exchanged emails with some who bought from who I bought from. If you want the peace of mind, pay the 3% or have him eat half and go that route.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
None of my contacts have gotten back to me yet. But let's be honest: you know you're keeping it.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.