Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,500,362 Views | 13684 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by ChemAg15
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a glorified dive watch.
Diggity
AG
Put my old Bond NATO on the new watch.

David_Puddy
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
I'm gonna go against the grain and say I prefer the rubber deployment on that watch.
Diggity
AG
Well the rubber is a much nicer band for sure.

The NATO looks nice but won't be my everyday band for sure.
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
We still talking about watches?
DVC2010
AG
I agree. My Speedy is on a bracelet, but I think the NATO is also a great look.
Post removed:
by user
K Bo
AG
I dig the Speedys on NATO, been considering one for my Pro.

I've got my watch guy hunting down a faded era-specific (1969) Pepsi bezel insert for my 1675.
Diggity
AG
10 bucks on Amazon!
Stros Schadenfreude
Diggity said:

Well the rubber is a much nicer band for sure.

The NATO looks nice but won't be my everyday band for sure.

Only a sith deals in absolutes
Diggity
AG
Yeah, I noticed that later. Written like a true valley girl
K Bo
Guitarsoup
AG
for sure
TulaneAg
I have a Bond Nato strap on my Speedy Pro as well. I also have a $10 festive red white blue Nato I switch to around July 4th. If I want a metal band I wear my Seamaster or Glashutte.
captkirk
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Since I missed out on that Speedmaster, I am thinking about making this my next watch. Always had a thing for the platinum Yachtmaster. Only real reservation is that my Datejust is stainless and has a similar look. Only other diver is a Planet Ocean on a NATO.

I have one. Love it
captkirk
AG
No Pressure said:

And it the same time (9 months), AP 15400 went from 14k to 20k+ .
Try pricing the blue-faced one
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
not high-end, but where in town would I find the best selection of Seikos to try/buy?
I hardly ever wear a watch and I feel like I should try out a $200-ish watch to see if I'll even wear it regularly before I blow $2k on something really nice
BBRex
AG
What kind of watches do you like? Generally online prices are better and you'll get to choose from Asian market watches that you won't get an option for here. The SKX007 comes immediately to mind. There is a U.S. variant, but most people seem to prefer the 007.
Post removed:
by user
BBRex
AG
I was going to suggest looking at Gnomon watches and was looking for a link when I saw this: http://www.gnomonwatches.com/seiko-watches/marine-master-professional-char-s-zaku-ii-ltd-ed-1000pcs-ref-sbdx029
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
the sne331 is the one I was eyeballing...seems like I could wear it with jeans and see how I like wearing a watch and if 43mm is too big for my wrist, then upgrade and retire it to hunting duty, but spinnaker is super intriguing...
TXAG 05
AG
Just out of curiosity, how does what kind of pants you have on determine whether you can wear a watch or not?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
BBRex said:

What kind of watches do you like? Generally online prices are better and you'll get to choose from Asian market watches that you won't get an option for here. The SKX007 comes immediately to mind. There is a U.S. variant, but most people seem to prefer the 007.
SKX007 is the U.S. version. SKX007J is the Japan version. https://www.longislandwatch.com/ is a good source for Seiko watches as is http://www.watchsleuth.com.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Just out of curiosity, how does what kind of pants you have on determine whether you can wear a watch or not?
Lol...the watch I'm looking at is black with a green nylon band...doesn't exactly go with slacks and a button-down
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ran into a friend the other day that somehow acquired a Rolex Batman GMT retail. Apparently it was a complete fluke that he got it because people apparently either wait years to get one or pay about double retail on the secondary market. Would love to find one of those one day.
BBRex
AG
Close. The U.S. market versions are (or were):

SKX-173 (black)
SKX-175 (pepsi)
SXX-A35 (yellow)

The SKX007J was Japan, K was Singapore or Malaysia, and neither were sent into U.S. markets. The rise of internet sales made the SKX007 available here. I want to say that Seiko priced its U.S. line higher than the cost of equivalents in Asia, which helped with the 007's popularity here.
BBRex
AG
It would work fine with a button-down and slacks, but not with a suit.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think people get too hung up on what watch to wear with what clothes. The president of my bank wears a suit 5 days a week with a Timex Ironman. I generally wear a suit usually 4 days a week and 90% of the time I'm wearing a diver on a nato.
DVC2010
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I think people get too hung up on what watch to wear with what clothes. The president of my bank wears a suit 5 days a week with a Timex Ironman. I generally wear a suit usually 4 days a week and 90% of the time I'm wearing a diver on a nato.
BBRex
AG
That Hull California Tactical in the blasted finish from Spinnaker looks really nice.
captkirk
AG
I may be looking to sell my AP Royal Oak REF. #15400ST.OO.1220ST.01

Had it a year and 4 years left on factory warranty. Very little wrist time. All boxes and papers
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.