Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,517,638 Views | 13785 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by FTAC2011
TulaneAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife just bought me a Glashutte Original Senator Power Reserve for my birthday. I don't know how to post pics but it's shown in this link.

https://www.chrono24.com/glashuetteoriginal/seneta-power-reserve-display-ref-100-01-03-02-14-mens-automatic-back-scale-silver-dial-watch--id8698483.htm

I've wanted a Glashutte Senator 60's for awhile but would've never bought one for myself. It's pretty darn cool and not something you see everyday.

Farmer1906
AG
BBRex said:

blindey said:

I really would like to acquire an Omega Railmaster. Any connections?

Jomashop might have it.

That site is pure *****
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
Go big or go home.

T Durden
AG
third coast.. said:

im really really really trying to talk myself out of buying a new watch. im tempted to sell a bunch of bourbon to get either a seamaster pro or a sub, depending on how much i want to sell, if i can convince myself. uuuuugggghhh

Dang son, how much bourbon do you own?
Post removed:
by user
94chem
TulaneAg said:

My wife just bought me a Glashutte Original Senator Power Reserve for my birthday. I don't know how to post pics but it's shown in this link.

https://www.chrono24.com/glashuetteoriginal/seneta-power-reserve-display-ref-100-01-03-02-14-mens-automatic-back-scale-silver-dial-watch--id8698483.htm

I've wanted a Glashutte Senator 60's for awhile but would've never bought one for myself. It's pretty darn cool and not something you see everyday.

Nice of her. You just buy store brand cereal for a few months, and voila, you save $8K for your SO's b-day.
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
What's been your issue?
Farmer1906
AG
They'll take your money, tell you the watch you want is on back order for months, then come back after months and say they can't get it even thought they never take the watch off their website.

During the whole ordeal they don't communicate well.
Diggity
AG
I've never had that issue when ordering something that was in stock. Maybe I've just been lucky.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Subs are pretty hard to come by right now (114060 and 116610), so if you find one, don't expect a discount as they'll sell it at retail to the next 5 guys who walk in. I'd look at https://www.rolexforums.com/index.php and see what's on there. SubCs pop up quite often. Always buy the seller and I can recommend a few if you'd like.
Pedro Cerano
AG
Quote:

I really would like to acquire an Omega Railmaster. Any connections?

Blindey, check out DavidSW's anniversary sale that started today (davidsw.com).

He's got a Railmaster for $2,875 with the sale price.

100% reputable online dealer. Watch will be exactly as advertised and 99% of the time w/box and papers.
outlawag
AG
My watch is about 6 years old and isn't keeping time anymore. It loses an hour or two overnight now. I need to get it serviced but don't know where or who or what is reasonable $$$.

Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 day date
coachallout
AG
Not sure if this is where to post but you guys seem very knowledgable. Just recieved my grandfathers watch. No idea where original band was as it had a gold nugget band that my dad and I sold because it was so ugly. Any info on price, bands, anything would be greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/Q4FiHWs
aTm2004
AG
If that's real, you're going to drop some coin getting a Presidential bracelet to go with it...which it needs and you would appreciate.
FightinTexasAggie08
aTm2004 said:

If that's real, you're going to drop some coin getting a Presidential bracelet to go with it...which it needs and you would appreciate.

Sounds like that was the gold nugget one, if I remember correctly they had a cross hatched gold nugget look to them during that period.
coachallout
AG
Know what the watch is worth? The band was not a Rolex band, my dad made sure of it before selling. Any other info on it?
FightinTexasAggie08
coachallout said:

Know what the watch is worth? The band was not a Rolex band, my dad made sure of it before selling. Any other info on it?

Is there a model number on the back of the watch? Possibly by the lugs?
coachallout
AG
I think 18038.
aTm2004
AG
Yeah, cough up some cash for a proper bracelet and you have a watch worth $12k+.
FightinTexasAggie08
I would guess 8-10k with bracelet.
captkirk
AG
coachallout said:

I think 18038.
Check here

https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/ref-18038.htm#gref
BBRex
AG
Are you wanting to wear it or sell it?
Evening Time Joke Man
Long time lurker first time poster, here are a couple of pieces I picked up during the Holidays

Teddy Perkins
AG
outlawag said:

My watch is about 6 years old and isn't keeping time anymore. It loses an hour or two overnight now. I need to get it serviced but don't know where or who or what is reasonable $$$.

Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 day date
+1 on this. Mr. K has repaired my Tag Link Automatic in the past but he's getting up there in age and the turnaround is easily a month. Everywhere else I've tried says I have to send it in to Tag. Does anyone know where you can take a Tag to get serviced?
El_Gato
AG
I got a Rolex as a gift, but it was ordered from an out of area AD and shipped to me. Where can I take to in the Galleria or Montrose area to get a link taken out?
tommyjohn
Tag store in the Galleria. They send it to New Jersey for the work though and it takes a while.
BBRex
AG
Just to take a link out, Mr. K might be able to do it while you wait.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
My wife ordered this last year for Father's Day. Just came in this week. It's my second Ball watch so far. Has our first daughters initials and arrival time on the back and she requested 416 of 1000 for April 16th. Pretty awesome!

AeroGMT II

Redstone
AG
My latest: a finely tuned mixture of class, sophistication, craftpersonship, and aesthetic vision.

BoDog
AG
TTT. Keep this thread going. Both inspiring, entertaining, and informative!!!
Canchurian Manidate
Current state of the collection

Rolex Yachtmaster Rhodium

Audemars Piguet 26400IO

Rolex Seadweller 43 "red"

Rolex Skydweller 18K 2-tone white

Omega POC 9900 sedna gold/blue

Omega POC 9900 black/orange on rubber (stock pic)

Tag Heuer Chronograph Carrera GMT II "batman"

Looking to add Rolex 116610LV or Skydweller Blue
tinman
AG
Nice collection
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 394

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.