Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,499,236 Views | 13684 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by ChemAg15
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eesh!
Farmer1906
AG
Post pics. Or the link to the original sale thread(?)
permabull
AG
Farmer1906
AG

Now that you say it, I can see it when I compare it to the Hulk on my wrist today. Otherwise, I would have never picked up on it right away.

Edit:

Here is what it should look like.

permabull
AG
Farmer1906
AG
hypeiv said:

Farmer1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

If the magnification is wrong, it is likely fake. Can you return?
Not necessarily. The magnification is a separate piece. It could have fallen off and been replaced by a nonstandard one.

yes, more than likely its an aftermarket crystal or cyclops
I good seller should note that somewhere.
Farmer1906
AG
Quote:

All timepieces come with a 7 day 'no questions asked' return period- will issue 100% refund as long as the timepiece is returned in the same condition in which it was shipped out.
Are you outside of this?
permabull
AG
schmendeler
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Now that you say it, I can see it when I compare it to the Hulk on my wrist today. Otherwise, I would have never picked up on it right away.

Edit:

Here is what it should look like.

If anything it looks like that crystal is making it smaller.
Guitarsoup
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Guitarsoup said:

If the magnification is wrong, it is likely fake. Can you return?
Not necessarily. The magnification is a separate piece. It could have fallen off and been replaced by a nonstandard one.
I have a Day Date, so I understand that. But that would typically be the biggest tip off that you have a fake.
FHKChE07
AG
Yeah, I second what Soup is saying. Generally, one of the key signs of a fake is the magnification being off.
Farmer1906
AG
I've only ever gotten rolexes from ADs so I'll take your word on that.
permabull
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Pretty basic common sense.

All three of my Rolexes were purchased new from ADs.
permabull
AG
TP Ag '87
AG
Good for you.

Whew,...
Farmer1906
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Farmer1906 said:

Pretty basic common sense.

All three of my Rolexes were purchased new from ADs.
Common sense that a different cyclops means its fake?

ok
Guitarsoup
AG
Yes, it is common sense that it the cyclops is fake, the watch may also be fake. Most fakes don't have a legit looking one.
aTm2004
AG
FHKChE07 said:

Yeah, I second what Soup is saying. Generally, one of the key signs of a fake is the magnification being off.

It's actually pretty common. Given the watch he bought has been polished, it's probably been in for service and had the crystal replaced at some point.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=408669
permabull
AG
aTm2004
AG
Happy to hear it. That seller has a good rep on the forum and he'd be run off if he was selling fakes. Glad he's taking care of you. Be sure to leave some positive feedback after it's fixed and let others know he's and honest seller.
aTm2004
AG
Overly Aggie?

ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
schmendeler
AG
i like it.
aTm2004
AG
I do too. It has that purplish maroon color that Nike used to have back in the day (burgundy I guess), but it's the best I've found in a Nato. Seen some Zulus with a darker maroon, but I'm not fan of them due to their thickness.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
Farmer1906
AG
Weird nitpick. I like the strap, but to me it seems a little of out place on a dive. When i think dive I think about them getting wet. Do you really want to get a nylon(?) strap wet? Sure it'll last longer than leather, but it's not metal or even (gross) rubber.
TP Ag '87
AG
I like it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Weird nitpick. I like the strap, but to me it seems a little of out place on a dive. When i think dive I think about them getting wet. Do you really want to get a nylon(?) strap wet? Sure it'll last longer than leather, but it's not metal or even (gross) rubber.
Is it like a hobby of yours to let everyone that posts a pic of their watch or opinion on this thread know why you think they're wrong?
schmendeler
AG
he's like the Redstone of watches
Farmer1906
AG
Meeee? Noooo. Never.
Diggity
AG
why would you care about getting nylon wet?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
aTm2004 said:

Overly Aggie?

Love that. Where'd you buy the strap? That's the best maroon I've seen.
aTm2004
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Nato/Zulu straps are quite common on dive watches, especially with actual divers due to the length allowing for it to go over wet suits, and also requiring 2 points of failure of the spring bars vs 1 with a strap/bracelet before your watch ends up at the bottom of the lake/ocean.

Also, I've gotten my others wet and have had no issues. Been in lakes, pools, showers, etc.
ArticPenguin:

DVC2010
AG
I wear a black nylon NATO for pool/river use. I swap it for brown leather otherwise. It sure beats rubber.
aTm2004
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

aTm2004 said:

Overly Aggie?

Love that. Where'd you buy the strap? That's the best maroon I've seen.
Got it at Cheap Nato Straps. Cost me less than where I normally buy them (Nato Strap Co), but they're located in Europe, so it takes about a week to get to the door, where the domestic guy is just a couple of days.
ArticPenguin:

permabull
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.