Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,595,617 Views | 14217 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by FTAC2011
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know that I'd do another Caribbean cruise, but I've had a blast on the two Virgin cruises we've done in Europe. It's a great way to see Greece since everything worth doing is on an island anyway.
GAC06
AG
AgEng06 said:

Did y'all see the new Omega Speedy offerings?

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hands-on-two-new-bicolor-omega-speedmaster-professional-moonwatch-models/

I wish the moonshine one had a black face
TheOC16
AG
jh0400 said:

I don't know that I'd do another Caribbean cruise, but I've had a blast on the two Virgin cruises we've done in Europe. It's a great way to see Greece since everything worth doing is on an island anyway.

How do you do two virgin cruises? You and somebody else?

One of my friends lost his virginity on a cruise, I think junior year of high school.
schmendeler
AG
Virgin, as in Richard Branson's family of companies.

I've done a virgin cruise as well, and they are probably top for me so far.
slaughtr
AG
The only cruise I would recommend is the Alaska inside passage cruise. It's really the only way to see the area and there are glacier/whale/town excursions that are really fun.
Serviam
Also, just Caveat Emptor but the Disney Cruise is just freaking terrible when you're not allowed within 150 feet of a minor. Felt like I was playing minesweeper just using the sit down toilets near the pool
LPHA
AG
Uhh...
schmendeler
AG
Lol
Mateo84
AG
Serviam said:

Also, just Caveat Emptor but the Disney Cruise is just freaking terrible when you're not allowed within 150 feet of a minor. Felt like I was playing minesweeper just using the sit down toilets near the pool

What the actual ….
YouBet
AG
I'm not sure if I should laugh or suggest a wood chipper.

#watchthread2024
Serviam
As a form of repayment for that joke, I present my new watch from RGM. This watch is doubly special because it was mostly (>90%) made in America, and is practically free since I paid for it 17 months ago.

I own several domestic manufacturing companies and it is very important to manufacture stuff in the USA to me so I have always wanted to own a quality American watch. The enamel dial is beautiful as is the movement. Super pleased all around

TheOC16
AG
and is practically free since I paid for it 17 months ago.

Nice to see an American watch. I think Hamilton really missed the boat by not sticking it out in the states. At the time they left, being Swiss was all the rage, but now I think there's enough appreciate for Japanese watches, German watches, etc. that having a long established big US brand would have really paid off with the right marketing.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Looking at doing a Crystal Cruise in the Mediterranean next year but learning that cruise ships have shopping makes me nervous
Zobel
AG
That enamel is beautiful. I have a recased Hamilton 923 in a RGM Model 222, really love their work!
Serviam
Zobel said:

That enamel is beautiful. I have a recased Hamilton 923 in a RGM Model 222, really love their work!

Is that the one with the off center dial?
YouBet
AG
TheOC16 said:

and is practically free since I paid for it 17 months ago.

Nice to see an American watch. I think Hamilton really missed the boat by not sticking it out in the states. At the time they left, being Swiss was all the rage, but now I think there's enough appreciate for Japanese watches, German watches, etc. that having a long established big US brand would have really paid off with the right marketing.

Whatever. I'll have you know Hamilton is elite. It's so elite that you can wear one in FarCry6 and it gives you extra armor protection.

Because wearing a wrist watch is just like wearing a Kevlar vest.
YouBet
AG
Beautiful watch. I have the blue RGM on my list somewhere.
Zobel
AG
It's at 9 o'clock since it is a recased pocket watch.
nealan
There's a VC that's diagonal because it was made for race car drivers to read while having hands on the steering wheel

( I think it's VC)

eta: I don't know if that's historically accurate , but I read that somewhere
nealan

Sea Speed
AG
nealan said:

I freaking love that.
nealan
MSRP is only 40k
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Longines makes a reasonably affordable offset crown watch. I love the VC but that price tag is crazy.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/longines-unveils-new-avigation-watch-type-a-7-1935-with-black-dial/
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I thought all you guys were rich? WTF
nealan
I'm lolpoor
Sea Speed
AG
Thats cool, but the VC reminds me of a Dali for some reason. Like it was shifted accidentally. The other one you posted just looks like they rotated the face.
Sea Speed
AG
nealan said:

I'm lolpoor

I'm not poor but I'm not 40k watch not poor
nealan
Yeah but lolpoor isn't real poor, just Texags poor
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Sea Speed said:

nealan said:

I'm lolpoor

I'm not poor but I'm not 40k watch not poor
So you are 40k watch rich
ChemAg15
AG
Isn't everyone on this site a millionaire?
BBRex
AG
If you mean the total of every check I've ever made from the high school paper route until now, yes.
Serviam
Fabric strap Friday
nealan
Hibachi Friday

TheVarian
AG
I love that watch
panag
AG
Here's to A. Lange weekend! Think it may need a brown strap to dress down but I'm breaking all the rules today.
First Page Last Page
Page 402 of 407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.