Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,786,059 Views | 14952 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Mas89
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm late to the party today. I just can't take this one off lately. I'm usually pretty good at rotating, but this one is just so good.
schmendeler
AG
That's a jaunty angle you've got your bezel at
AgEng06
AG
Lol. I didn't even notice. I just got back in the house from taking out the trash and must have bumped it.

Edit: er, I mean... I was timing something that was 34 minutes ago!
TarponChaser
I know it's been discussed but I'm not searching 380+ pages so, has anybody purchased via Chrono24?

I'm not 100% but I kind of want a Speedmaster and been looking on there and there seems to be some solid deals, but some of them would be coming from Japan. Any experience with that?
jh0400
AG
I've bought several watches from Chrono24 including one from Japan. Be aware of import duties. Unless you're looking for a complete unicorn, I'd recommend filtering US only or looking at eBay instead. I've seen a few sellers with their inventory listed on Chrono24 and eBay simultaneously with lower prices on eBay, and eBay usually includes authentication services as well.
DeProfundis
Good morning fellows, long time sports fan first time horology enthusiast that stumbled across this thread.

I would describe myself as politically moderate and I have no strong feelings about Levantine geopolitics or the interplay of religion in the life of society.

I wanted to show off a watch my Angelus Chrono which I recently had some shirts made to match the strap perfectly. I think it came out great
AgEng06
AG
You got banned, again?!
TarponChaser
jh0400 said:

I've bought several watches from Chrono24 including one from Japan. Be aware of import duties. Unless you're looking for a complete unicorn, I'd recommend filtering US only or looking at eBay instead. I've seen a few sellers with their inventory listed on Chrono24 and eBay simultaneously with lower prices on eBay, and eBay usually includes authentication services as well.

Gracias for the tip.

I wouldn't say I'm looking for a unicorn but some of the deals seem really solid. I didn't realize the eBay link. The authentication service is definitely a plus- is eBay's any different than Chrono24 on that front?
schmendeler
AG
Lmao
schmendeler
AG
Also, message FTAC2011. I think he should be able to get you something used as well.
DeProfundis
I saw the new Tissot PRS516 in person today while out and about. Actually a pretty decent looking watch. I liked the quick change strap and the movement through the caseback wasn't breathtaking or anything but looked good and was a big step forward for Tissot. I cannot explain how badly they whiffed on the clasp. Looked absolutely terrible, like someone pressed it out of a used soup can.

BoDog
AG
DeProfundis said:

I saw the new Tissot PRS516 in person today while out and about. Actually a pretty decent looking watch. I liked the quick change strap and the movement through the caseback wasn't breathtaking or anything but looked good and was a big step forward for Tissot. I cannot explain how badly they whiffed on the clasp. Looked absolutely terrible, like someone pressed it out of a used soup can.

Bro, lower your expectations. Its a Tissot. Kind of get what you pay for....
schmendeler
AG
Andrew, the voice and hands behind the watchfinder videos is moving on.

slaughtr
AG
Luckily I already watched his own channel. Love that guy's videos. Gonna miss him with his side kick though.
TheOC16
AG
Anybody wearing their Perpetual Calendar today??

(Side note: I have a friend who's only watch is a Citizen that his company gave him for working there 5 years, but is obsessed with the idea of a perpetual calendar and has a goal to purchase one at some point.)
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Not perpetual, but it's nice to have my regular date window be correct for an extra day this february! Of course I'll have to change it tomorrow...

nealan
I'm wearing one
YouBet
AG
So I bought a Holme & Hadfield watch case. I really like it. I'm not sure how it rates to competitors, but it's nice enough for me. I got the Collector Pro in walnut which holds 7 watches. Once I put all of my watches in it....I think they would be offended at my "collection". Lol.

So, currently wearing my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra.

In the case:
- Rolex Milgauss
- Garmin Fenix 5
- Garmin Venu 2
- Apple Watch 5 - broken
- Seiko Perpetual Calendar Titanium - not functional and unsure of model number; it's over 25 years old
- Fossil anniversary watch from work - never worn; not functional

The Apple Watch and the Fossil watch are in there simply because I have the room but those obviously get purged first with next watch purchase.

The Seiko was my first ever watch purchase and at the time it was about $400-500 which is a decent number for then. So it's special to if anything because of that and I'll never get rid of it unless to give it to one of my nephews. They don't care about such things though so it may go to grave with me.
zgolfz85
AG
YouBet said:

So I bought a Holme & Hadfield watch case. I really like it. I'm not sure how it rates to competitors, but it's nice enough for me. I got the Collector Pro in walnut which holds 7 watches. Once I put all of my watches in it....I think they would be offended at my "collection". Lol.

In the case:
- Rolex Milgauss
- Garmin Fenix 5
- Garmin Venu 2
- Apple Watch 5 - broken
- Seiko Perpetual Calendar Titanium - not functional and unsure of model number; it's over 25 years old

The Apple Watch and the Fossil watch are in there simply because I have the room but those obviously get purged first with next watch purchase.

The Seiko was my first ever watch purchase and at the time it was about $400-500 which is a decent number for then. So it's special to if anything because of that and I'll never get rid of it unless to give it to one of my nephews. They don't care about such things though so it may go to grave with me.

I'm pretty sure anytime your omega or Rolex are in the case you're fine. If you ever decide to wear both at once, the case will probably spontaneously combust though
AgLA06
AG

TulaneAg
As a reference point, I think Apple did $20B in Apple Watch sales last year.
FHKChE07
AG
They also have built in planned obsolescence.
YouBet
AG
zgolfz85 said:

YouBet said:

In the case:
- Rolex Milgauss
- Garmin Fenix 5
- Garmin Venu 2
- Apple Watch 5 - broken

I'm pretty sure anytime your omega or Rolex are in the case you're fine. If you ever decide to wear both at once, the case will probably spontaneously combust though
Every time I walk by and look at the case this is my Rolex back to me while slummin' it:

TulaneAg
I don't have an opinion or any further analytics...I just thought it was a somewhat relevant and interesting data point.
AgLA06
AG
FHKChE07 said:

They also have built in planned obsolescence.

And generally don't appreciate.

Although. With so many Rolexs hitting the streets the current rate of appreciation might change.
TheOC16
AG
YouBet said:

In the case:
- Rolex Milgauss
- Garmin Fenix 5
- Garmin Venu 2
- Apple Watch 5 - broken

I still keep one Fossil in the box to remind me where I came from.
YouBet
AG
TheOC16 said:

YouBet said:

In the case:
- Rolex Milgauss
- Garmin Fenix 5
- Garmin Venu 2
- Apple Watch 5 - broken

I still keep one Fossil in the box to remind me where I came from.
I wish I still had my Swatch from 7th grade. I loved that damn thing. The face was transparent but had a green ring around the outer edge of it. I somehow lost it in the locker room, or someone stole it.
nealan
I miss my swatch from jr high as well. It was grey, blue, red . I scan the internet for the exact watch from time to time with no luck. First watch I remember having
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
First watch was the Sonic the Hedgehog watch that was a freebie when turning in a certain amount of General Mills (I think) box stamps or whatever they were called in the early 90s.
jh0400
AG
My first watch that I remember. I'm really close to buying this one for nostalgia's sake.

https://www.rubylane.com/item/2253859-RL255/Vintage-Joe-Box78er-Baseball-Watch-Ex78tra

DeProfundis
Epic Rolex fail. What are you stupid or something? February has 29 days this year ********, I pay $14k for you and then you embarrass me in front of my friend who wears a freaking Garmin? I had one of those plugged into the cigarette lighter on my '99 f-150 and it was lame back then.
AgEng06
AG
Same bro, same. At least I didn't spend as much on my hunk of metal as you did...
Diggity
AG
jh0400 said:

My first watch that I remember. I'm really close to buying this one for nostalgia's sake.

https://www.rubylane.com/item/2253859-RL255/Vintage-Joe-Box78er-Baseball-Watch-Ex78tra

did you purchase that one at Foley's perhaps?
jh0400
AG
Dillard's
Irish 2.0
Same…

First Page Last Page
Page 381 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.