Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,503,214 Views | 13717 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by aTm2004
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Put a NATO on my PO.

lb sand
AG
white numerals, not red
2/10
WNB
Guitarsoup
AG
Texicurean said:

white numerals, not red
2/10
WNB
You mean orange? No thanks.
schmendeler
AG
looks sharp
XpressAg09
AG
Out of curiosity, are folks on here predominately fans of NATO straps?
schmendeler
AG
XpressAg09 said:

i like that it's easy to switch out and there are lots of color combinations. makes a watch seem fresh again. but i wouldn't say that that is all i like.
XpressAg09
AG
I'll allow it.

Personally (and this is by no means an attack on watch folks) I just don't see the appeal in putting a >$1,000 timepiece on a stripey cotton-looking wristband.

BUT, to each their own.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I solve that problem by only having a couple of hundred dollars watch on a cotton stripey wristband.

I only wear my diver with a nato strap. I don't like big chunky metal bracelets, probably because I have little girl wrists.
aTm2004
AG
I like them because they're comfortable and a cheap way to change the look of a watch. My Omega 2254.50 is currently on a black NATO and my Seiko Monster is currently on a black/red NATO.

As far as a cotton looking wristband, the one GS put on his PO is an Omega NATO...I guarantee you it cost more than majority of people will spend on an entire watch.
Farmer1906
AG
XpressAg09 said:

In general? Not really. However, I do like it on my Speedy. I think it can fit appropriately with certain watches.

Farmer1906
AG
aTm2004 said:

I like them because they're comfortable and a cheap way to change the look of a watch. My Omega 2254.50 is currently on a black NATO and my Seiko Monster is currently on a black/red NATO.

As far as a cotton looking wristband, the one GS put on his PO is an Omega NATO...I guarantee you it cost more than majority of people will spend on an entire watch.

It's leather on the inside and forms to your wrist nicely. Very comfortable and very well made.
Zobel
AG
I have my sub on a plain black nylon NATO. It's comfortable, I like the way it looks and I like the fact that it's a little less flashy. Zero concern for others perception of whether my timepiece is suitably worn or not.
aTm2004
AG
I love the look of the subs on NATOs, but I can't bring myself to putting mine on one. I guess I've wanted one for so long that I can't bring myself to "pop its cherry" so to speak, even though I have the proper spring bar tool.
Guitarsoup
AG
I chose the NATO strap for a variety of reasons.

I have a leather and a stainless banded watch, and I don't wear either. I work doing physical things and so I sweat when I am doing them. So I don't like wearing leather day to day. And I find the metal bracelets uncomfortable when working.

So my choices are basically rubber or NATO.

My Planet Ocean had this band:

And I loved it. Very comfortable. But the rubber was old (~10 years) and was starting to crack. I didn't want it to crack or break while I was shooting and maybe fall off and I not notice, so I needed a new band.

I could special order the one I had and it would be $3-400.
I could buy a deployment clasp and a rubber strap for the upgrade strap.

Then I have to buy that clasp ($300?) and the strap ($400.)

Or I could buy the NATO strap. Give a new look for a while, still comfortable (lots of sizes) and still looks good.

Works right for my use and is a much less expensive choice. And if I want to look more formal, I would wear the more formal watches anyway.
Farmer1906
AG
Just because Bond does it, doesn't mean its a good idea.
David_Puddy
AG
Well Bond is the f'ing man
aTm2004
AG
You're right. Driving Aston Martins and bedding hot women is a horrible idea.
DVC2010
AG
aggie1906 said:

Marketing dollars determine what's on Bond's wrist, not sensible taste.
I Am A Critic
k2aggie07 said:

I have my sub on a plain black nylon NATO. It's comfortable, I like the way it looks and I like the fact that it's a little less flashy. Zero concern for others perception of whether my timepiece is suitably worn or not.
Yet you have to tell everyone what you're wearing? Narcissistic much?
Jethro95
AG
Blue Sumo has arrived. I have a Crafter Blue black rubber strap on order. I was afraid it was going to feel too big on my wrist but it's fine.

Guitarsoup
AG
aggie1906 said:

Didn't do it for Bond. Did it for the reasons I explained. Those are just the easiest pics to find of it.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
third coast.. said:

Who wants some bourbon for a seamaster

Fine Timepiece > Brown Water
Jethro95
AG
third coast.. said:

Who wants some bourbon for a seamaster
How much Pappy do you have?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Zobel
AG
Farmer1906
AG
third coast.. said:

Pretty sure you've mentioned meeting up to drink some of that delicious brown water.
Don't get me wrong. I love me some bourbon. I'll drink your booker's rye, but a stupid amount of rare **** probably wouldn't be enough to make me give up one of my watches.
Farmer1906
AG
That is a behemoth!
Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
PM me when you unload the bourbon. Looking for some new additions.
Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
third coast.. said:

Yea, I'm contemplating unloading about four grand worth of bourbon to buy a watch. I guess if my priorities were in line though, I wouldn't have just bought a new boat.

Make /model on the boat?
Post removed:
by user
Sq16Aggie2006
Hey gents, I am selling my Christopher Ward ceramic c60 trident gmt maroon bezel with white face on maroon croc strap, with boxes and papers. Figured I would post here first to see if any ags are takers.

Let me know if you would like pics or anything.

First Page Last Page
Page 35 of 392

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.