Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,502,499 Views | 13709 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by jh0400
BustUpAChiffarobe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had the exact style you posted earlier that I received in a trade plus cash from a deal on Watchuseek. It was a cool watch, but just didnt seem to go with anything I wore. My little bro has a bit more of a "don-draper skinny tie" black and white wardrobe, and I gave it to him, and he wears it well.
captkirk
AG
quote:
I had the exact style you posted earlier that I received in a trade plus cash from a deal on Watchuseek. It was a cool watch, but just didnt seem to go with anything I wore. My little bro has a bit more of a "don-draper skinny tie" black and white wardrobe, and I gave it to him, and he wears it well.
I can't tell if that is an endorsement or not

I just like it because it is so different from anything I currently own.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
I think its an awesome looking watch, especially the blue one; but for some reason it looked weird on me.
captkirk
AG
I guess I need to go put one on and see
Farmer1906
AG
I've had one as well. It was little too thick and wore big because it was a square. I ended up selling it. It wasn't the exact Monaco I wanted. Fun watch though. If we're going non round watches I like the Reverso more. Nomos Tetra is a cool little watch too.
Golf Nut 04
AG
Probably sell my reverso soon.

I like Tag watches. I have one I wear regularly. Took me forever to find the exact Formula One version I was looking for but now I've had it for years. Always a good choice.
Farmer1906
AG
What are you looking to get? It's probably in my top 5 of watches wanted realistically.
Golf Nut 04
AG
Haven't researched it enough to know yet, but will soon. Only worn it probably 20 times so it still looks brand new.
Post removed:
by user
Ag03 CQE
AG
quote:
im in singapore for a couple months, i should buy something.

Don't buy a watch in Singapore. You'll spend three times what you would for the same watch in the US.
JSKolache
AG
quote:
quote:
Not much love for the chrono around here - it's all divers all the time. Different strokes...
I just always found them distracting and often make it hard to simply tell time.
Clean chronos exist. It's 1:30

Zobel
AG
I dig that
FHKChE07
AG
He's right. Don't buy a watch in Singapore. Not worth it. Trust me.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
just imagine if it had a ceramic bezel!!!!
RVAg02
AG
yeah, that's clean
Post removed:
by user
FHKChE07
AG
They are just considerably more expensive than basically anywhere else in the world. I used to justify trips home because I could by things that much cheaper in the states that it would pay for my flights. Everything is more expensive in Singapore.
aTm2004
AG
I worked for a freight forwarder for many years, and an exec for one of the oil companies we worked with called me to have a crate built for him to ship back to Singapore when he leaves Houston. I was thinking it would be some type of oil equipment, but no, it was nothing but groceries that he couldn't find there or that were massively expensive that they didn't buy it that often. I'm talking stuff like pasta sauces, Mac & Cheese, pancake mix, etc. Him and his wife loaded that crate up with stuff for the year, and he told me he does this every year when they come home for vacation.
FHKChE07
AG
We all did things like that. You always took extra suitcases home and brought them back full of all the stuff you couldn't get there. The Europeans would bring back tons of wheels of cheese because cheese was exorbitantly expensive. Anytime anyone was moving to Singapore you ordered a whole bunch of stuff to their house in Houston to go in the container.

This cooler was $180 in Singapore. Why? I have no idea.
https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-40QWC-40-Quart-Wheeled-Cooler/dp/B00363RV50/ref=pd_sim_468_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=TKDEP0K4N8SQFMXE5M09
DVC2010
AG
I love the Reverso. Especially that Reverso.

This picture is from a few months ago, but it's the watch I'm wearing today.

Farmer1906
AG

I think you win best collection.
ChipFTAC01
AG
That's very sexy
Golf Nut 04
AG
Very nice timepiece.

My daily watch is below. Took me forever to find the exact one I wanted and ended up having to custom order it. Had it for quite some time now and just can't move on.

BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
I can't tell if this watch is hideous or if it's one of the most beautiful I've seen. For some reason Seiko is releasing it only in Germany; so it'll probably sell for over MSRP; but I think I've gotta have one.

TP Ag '87
AG
What's the MSRP?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
2300 Euro; so right about $2600 USD
TP Ag '87
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
yup; it's a Marine Master; that's right under their Grand Seiko line
Post removed:
by user
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
tiffany blue
shoes match the hat, the hat match my bag
TP Ag '87
AG
Is the biggest driver of prices within the Seiko line the movements? Honest question.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
Is the biggest driver of prices within the Seiko line the movements? Honest question.
The movements are nice; but the entire package is top-notch and the fit and finish are the best at the price point without questions.

Here's a really in-depth look at their manufacturing facility in Japan; that shows the painstaking attention to detail that goes into making their watches.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/inside-seiko

schmendeler
AG
neat video
Bighamp03
AG
Would you consider Seikos an heirloom quality watch? I don't mean from a monetary value standpoint, but from a sentimental value standpoint. If I bought a Seiko and passed it along, will my grandkids be able to get it worked on and maintained 40-50 years from now?

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I buy "milestone" watches and my next one would be for my first big promotion. I just got a promotion, and I could spend $5,000 on a Rolly or Omega for the milestone watch in 15 months, or buy a $1,000-$2,000 watch to go along with my Tag and Oris now. I dig the Seikos you guys are posting.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I just got out of a meeting with a guy from Korea who had on a Grand Seiko chronograph. It was a little distracting. I have no idea what kind of pipe he wanted to sell me but he had a beautiful watch on.
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 392

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.