Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,503,495 Views | 13717 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by aTm2004
Post removed:
by user
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely the Speedy Pro
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Definitely the Speedy Pro

Agreed. I would prefer it without the sapphire too.
RVAg02
AG
quote:
quote:
The boutiques had every watch that I wanted to see so I skipped tourneau. But yeah. Good place to look but not buy.
Expand your horizons.

Thanks
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The boutiques had every watch that I wanted to see so I skipped tourneau. But yeah. Good place to look but not buy.
Expand your horizons.

Thanks
You are welcome.
RVAg02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Expand your horizons.

Thanks
You are welcome.
K Bo
AG
Agree here. Gotta go with the .005 with the Hesalite crystal.
Post removed:
by user
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
the sapphire is the only way to go; hesalite isn't anywhere near as beautiful and it does scratch fairly easily
option #2
AG
any thoughts on Frederique Constant? Or is that not expensive enough for this thread?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
any thoughts on Frederique Constant? Or is that not expensive enough for this thread?
excellent value for the money, really like the fact that they make their own movements, unfortunately they don't have the "name factor" yet, but if you're looking for a high-quality affordable luxury time piece; they're a good choice.
Diggity
AG
you must have missed the 3 pages we have on Seiko watches.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
I pulled the trigger on this guy yesterday; there's an AD blowing them out in Philadelphia for $1300.00/ea, down from $2300 with full factory warranty, boxes and everything.

I've always kind of wanted a watch with gold accents; but most that I see look a little used-car salesmanish; I really like how the accents were really understated with this one; and went well with the black ceramic. What I like about this watch is that you can wear it once a month; and it never needs to be set again.

edit: the gold in the pic looks a little over the top; here's what it looks like in real life

Bighamp03
AG
I don't like gold watches, but that looks freaking awesome.
option #2
AG
One day I'll be TexAg rich and have 13 Rolexes...until then I'll stick to what I can afford. I feel like these Frederique Constant are nice looking but also not trying to copy other brands. My personal favorite:

http://www.jomashop.com/frederique-constant-watch-fc-330rm6b4.html

I am looking for something with a leather band.
TP Ag '87
AG
What's that model called?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
that is the Seiko Astron SSE007
TP Ag '87
AG
Very nice.
I Am A Critic
quote:
One day I'll be TexAg rich and have 13 Rolexes...until then I'll stick to what I can afford. I feel like these Frederique Constant are nice looking but also not trying to copy other brands. My personal favorite:

http://www.jomashop.com/frederique-constant-watch-fc-330rm6b4.html

I am looking for something with a leather band.

Yeah. They definitely go out of their way not to copy other brands.

captkirk
AG
Beat me to it
sts7049
AG
that is a fantastic looking watch
TP Ag '87
AG
Not being a smartass here but wouldn't a more "elevated" brand, e.g. Tag, at similar price be preferred to a Seiko? If only for the cache' of it?

And, don't get me wrong as I think that Seiko is really awesome looking.
David Carr
quote:
Frederique Constant
Recently bought by Citizens.
aTm2004
AG
Would you prefer a lowly optioned 3-Series over a heavily optioned Honda or Toyota?
TP Ag '87
AG
Depends on my goal: options or performance as, while I don't claim to be either a car or watch expert, I don't believe a Honda can perform as well as a 3-series BMW.

(I drive an Infiniti vs. a similarly priced BMW. Maybe I'm making your argument for you.)
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
Not being a smartass here but wouldn't a more "elevated" brand, e.g. Tag, at similar price be preferred to a Seiko? If only for the cache' of it?

And, don't get me wrong as I think that Seiko is really awesome looking.
I like Tags, I own 3 of them myself; but in my opinion; they don't hold a candle to Seiko in terms of technology, "fun to wear" and especially build quality. Honestly enough, the "cache" of it used to be extremely important to me, until I realized that unless you're wearing a 300,000 watch; all you've done is "elevate" the class of people who think your watch is pedestrian. If you need a "show" watch for business (which is legitimate), a Seiko probably isn't the best bet, but for a daily wearer that looks great with a blazer or shirt, or shorts and a polo; it can't be beat; and is probably my favorite watch to wear.
TP Ag '87
AG
Very logical response. I appreciate it.
option #2
AG
well played...i still like it though.
TP Ag '87
AG
Bustup: am curious,...what's your recs for <$1,000?
aTm2004
AG
I was going more for a name brand vs. more for your money. Yes, a BMW will be more fun to drive than an Accord.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Save it and buy in a few years.
aTm2004
AG
quote:

What type of watch? Something casual, dressy, everyday? I've mentioned that I like black divers, and a Marathon GSAR would be a great < $1k watch.
TP Ag '87
AG
I could spend the $$ (and wife wouldn't even mind!) but just can't justify it in my head/heart.
TP Ag '87
AG
I like that Seiko look a lot but have grown to like the silicone bands. Something that works M-F and Sa-Su.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I could spend the $$ (and wife wouldn't even mind!) but just can't justify it in my head/heart.
If that is the case then I would go for vintage like an Omega Constellation. Just have someone check it out before you buy it.

First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 392

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.