Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,496,347 Views | 13672 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Serotonin
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's this spectre guy's website? Does he have other designs/logos?
Diggity
AG
There's a link to his photobucket page a few pages back.
captkirk
AG
quote:
What's this spectre guy's website? Does he have other designs/logos?
No website. He just has photo bucket and an email. He has tons of different watches he does

http://s161.photobucket.com/user/yobokies/library/Mods?sort=3&page=1
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
whats the diameter?
captkirk
AG
quote:
whats the diameter?
42, I think
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Strapcode has a high-end oyster style bracelet for this watch on Amazon for $55. Might be a nice addition

I have that bracelet. It's a great addition and really increases the feel of the watch.
captkirk
AG
Correction 41mm. I looked it up. Its the Seiko skx007
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
whats the diameter?
42, I think

Ducks4brkfast
AG
So what does this guy do? He takes a Seiko watch, then tricks it out to not look like a Seiko watch?
Diggity
AG
I think he hacks several brands of watches but seikos are an easy choice because they're cheap and easy to modify.
Farmer1906
AG
aTm2004
AG
quote:
So what does this guy do? He takes a Seiko watch, then tricks it out to not look like a Seiko watch?

Yes. The SKX has a very large aftermarket for dials, hands, bezels, and bezel rings. Most are pretty affordable.

Here's a big thread from watchuseek for a glimpse into what this watch is and what it can become.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/show-off-your-skx007-009s-262404.html#/enter
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes. The SKX has a very large aftermarket for dials, hands, bezels, and bezel rings. Most are pretty affordable.

Here's a big thread from watchuseek for a glimpse into what this watch is and what it can become.

interesting. i read earlier in the thread that a rolex is like the 3-series bmw of watches. that must make this seiko the miata of watches. a classic that has an endless aftermarket for parts.
Bighamp03
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

interesting. i read earlier in the thread that a rolex is like the 3-series bmw of watches. that must make this seiko the miata of watches. a classic that has an endless aftermarket for parts.

Jeep of watches, brah.
Dr. Nefario
Nah, Seikos are reliable.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jeep of watches, brah.

Give me a miata over a jeep any day.
Bighamp03
AG
Good point.
captkirk
AG
This looks like a great deal if you want a somewhat rare Omega Speedmaster with a aventurine dial. $1000 less than any one else I've seen.

http://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch-31130443201001.html?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleproductsearch&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=(ROI)+Shopping+-+Sale+Watches+$6000+-+$10000&gclid=CMPs87yR980CFRCOaQod41wADA

Marauder Blue 6
AG
I'm in love with this modded SKX007.

RVAg02
AG
Cool
aTm2004
AG
That Yachtmaster style bezel is awesome.
schmendeler
AG
quote:

Yobokies?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Artifice Horoworks. Yobokies could probably do something like this. It's the Sinister V2 I believe. He has a similar one on his website.

http://www.artificehoroworks.com/product-category/custom-seiko-watches/page/3/

I've pretty much convinced myself that something like this will be my next purchase.
schmendeler
AG
I like it
captkirk
AG
quote:

quote:
Mk-V Diver SKX Enhanced, Prototype

$1,297.50
$1,099.00
WOW

captkirk
AG
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
1100? pass
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:

okay, that one is beautiful
RVAg02
AG
Wife and kids are out of town, so this weekend I went to the Galleria to check out both the Rolex and Omega boutiques.

Went to Omega first and liked the Planet Ocean, but it was too thick. Interested to see the new 2016 models that are supposed to be thinner. The Seamaster Pro was nice and comfortable, but felt a tad dated. Tried on a Speedmaster on a leather band and loved it, but want something water resistant.

In general, though, I was very pleased with the Omegas and thought, "I don't need another Rolex. This will work."

Then I went to the Rolex Boutique. Damn it. Tried on SubC, Hulk, and GMT-II. The Hulk was cool, but I concerned about it being the everyday watch. Choosing between the SubC and GMT would be near impossible. But I will say that there is just something so right and timeless about the Rolex tool watch. Even though the PO has more modern movements, the Sub and GMT were niiiiice.
Farmer1906
AG
Should have stopped in at Tourneau. They carry a better great selection, just don't expect much from the people who work there.
RVAg02
AG
The boutiques had every watch that I wanted to see so I skipped tourneau. But yeah. Good place to look but not buy.
captkirk
AG

quote:
. Tried on a Speedmaster on a leather band and loved it, but want something water resistant.
The speedy is water resistant
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
The boutiques had every watch that I wanted to see so I skipped tourneau. But yeah. Good place to look but not buy.
Expand your horizons.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.